Wasn't Moroz supposed to dethrone JJ?

basically joanna will continue to eat that whole division alive, and calderwoods hype train (if she even still has one) continues to look worse.

Or something along those lines? I missed the card. How did she look and was it a good fight? I know she lost a UD but that's it.

There is very few threads about the card. Was it underwhelming?

she looked like she had absolutely no idea how to defend a strike

No. She wasn't even the first Ukrainian to fight last night (Krylov)! :icon_chee

meh... I'll just claim I was fooled by his Russian surname, and he's really from 'Novorossiya', viva la resistance ( :wink: )

She is 23. Still time to Max Holloway herself in the division. As long as she doesn't hit an early glass ceiling.

For the record, I had Valerie.. highlight of a pretty poor nights predictions.

33357-884480.png

She is fucking 23!!! give the girl a couple of year and a decent training team and she will be top 5 in 2-3 years,

She is very quick and skilled for WMMA standards, and she is not afraid to stand and bang, this chick is relentless

War Moroz!

pretty much this....but with less cocaine involved in the wording/enthusiasm

There was a thread the other day claiming she beat Calderwood mentally with a confident handshake and nod at the weigh in. I missed the weigh in for this one. How did Maryna's handshake look? Not as good?

I havent seen it either, but apparently she had trouble making weight. had to go all Gina Carano to make it.

Most were hesitant to coronate her as champion, or even a good fighter really. The hype came from beating the over hyped Joanne Calderwood.

Moroz's skills are average at best for the division. A one note brawler with a suspect chin, mediocre wrestling, an decent grappling. She may improve, but I don't see her anywhere near the top 10 when the division fills out. Same with Calderwood.

Most were hesitant to coronate her as champion, or even a good fighter really. The hype came from beating the over hyped Joanne Calderwood.

Moroz's skills are average at best for the division. A one note brawler with a suspect chin, mediocre wrestling, an decent grappling. She may improve, but I don't see her anywhere near the top 10 when the division fills out. Same with Calderwood.

Same with Rose.

"The one who doesn't fall doesn't stand up." Moroz will learn from this loss, become a more malleable ironperson, then come back stronger.

I still she think beats JoJo in a rematch. Moroz still showed some good things last night. I just overrated her ground ground a bit too much.

Honestly, still a top 10 fighter but not close to a title shot at the moment. She should fight Felice Herig next.

this is awesome. Every time a hyped prospect loses, sherdog says "(s)he was overrated"... Not by them, no, but by everyone else...

props for taking a bit of responsibility

If Valerie ever gets her weight cut down I think she can surprise some people at 115. She's showing off an improved ground game which I thought was always her weakness, and has some of the best striking in the division.

Exactly. I see Valerie as a solid top 5 fighter when she's at her best, and she looked at her best last night. Moroz is only 23 years old. The only people who are disappointed with Moroz are the ingorant people who expected her to be some world beater after watching her quick win over JoJo. If they bothered to watch Moroz's other fights they would realize that she is a young fighter that is still growing in the game.

Hatsu Hioki was also suppose dethrone Aldo.

Letourneau looks like the more promising fighter ...

She was a bit overhyped. She's still a good fighter though and she really exposed how far behind Calderwood really is in the division.

Moroz has more talent than the majority, but she had a bad game plan in this fight. She is only 23 years old so what do we expect? She came out swinging fists a little to wild and Latourneau was ready for it. Both are certainly better than several of the Top 10 straw weights right now.

For the record, I had Valerie.. highlight of a pretty poor nights predictions.

33357-884480.png

Woah, we had almost the exact same bets. I picked Perez over Stout but other than that we were brain-twins.

Edit: Wait... no.... I take that back. I also had Magny. How dare you pick against the gazelle!!! :)

She looked like a cute girl doing MMA who probably belongs at 105. You don't often see fighters get dropped with one punch at W115 like she was last night.

Back