Was Your Thread Deleted, Moved or Merged? Ask about it here

Status
Not open for further replies.
what happened to my 'jones vs dc **cry face edition**' thread?

its deletion got me all like

<DCrying><mma1><DCrying><mma1><DCrying><mma1>

why was my thread about the dangers of marijuana dumped
http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/h...-for-asking-them-to-stop-doing-drugs.3588501/

if it was due to thread derailment, then why is the threadstarter punished instead of the people who come in and derail it with ad hominem attacks?

so you can go in threads and flame the poster, because if they respond, then their thread gets dumped?

it had almost 350 posts in roughly 12 hours, so people clearly wanted to talk about it

why was my thread about the dangers of marijuana dumped
http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/h...-for-asking-them-to-stop-doing-drugs.3588501/

if it was due to thread derailment, then why is the threadstarter punished instead of the people who come in and derail it with ad hominem attacks?

so you can go in threads and flame the poster, because if they respond, then their thread gets dumped?

it had almost 350 posts in roughly 12 hours, so people clearly wanted to talk about it
Weed addicts are funny.

Coming from the opposite end of the spectrum to the guy a couple of posts above. There were a few threads questioning the appropriateness of making a 'crying DC' smiley in the week but they disappeared fairly quickly. Why? Was someone feeling a little shame, or are we not supposed to complain about fighter bashing if it's when the staff have embedded it into the forum. I don't understand why it's been added. Nasty cheap shot image which just seems to encourage even more trolling and bashing (hence why some other mod felt the need to delete a thread centered around it, evidently). Makes the place feel like one of those shitposting sites.

Sorry it's not to your liking, but I know two threads on the subject in particular were deleted because they turned into flame wars, it was not due to criticism. The emoji came directly pre made from the shoop thread, was heavily requested and also approved by staff overhead us at the forum level The event is still fresh but over time it'll cool down.

Ahh, dude, my "I'm from the future thread was deleted"

Did you guys read the whole post, it was satire. I know it might go over some peoples heads, but I thought it was ok.

Oh well.

Ahh, dude, my "I'm from the future thread was deleted"

Did you guys read the whole post, it was satire. I know it might go over some peoples heads, but I thought it was ok.

Oh well.
Right, instead of being wastelanded like most joke threads, it was just outright deleted.

Just curious about my "Laminin?" thread? It appears to have been deleted.

Conspiracy theory? It was a video of a pastor's sermon. By these standards, no one should even mention 9/11 on this entire forum.

Should I post it in a different Sherdog forum?
I advise that you move on.

I advise that you move on.
I fully understand that posting in this forum is a privilege, and not a right...but, is it possible to have another Moderator review this matter?

It's the posters that have made this forum so successful...the SD forums are at the top of the mountain as far as MMA forums go. I don't believe it to be a great thing for the integrity of this great forum when a deleted thread can't be challenged, especially by a poster who feels he's been a decent contributor.

I fully understand that posting in this forum is a privilege, and not a right...but, is it possible to have another Moderator review this matter?
I am *another Moderator*. It was deleted by an administrator and not myself. Not only was it a religious thread, but it was a thread about a topic that has been thoroughly debunked and therefore would be considered a conspiracy theory. I'm explaining to you the reasons why I believe it was deleted.

Plus, a youtube video with no other commentary isn't exactly worthy of a thread, so again, I advise that you move on and not make a thing out of this.

Went to put something up on the Joanna J Superstar thread 12.0 thread, but it got moved to "The Dump".. I would like an explanation as to why it got moved, please and thx!

Hello,
Just writing to try to find out why my thread "Kim Jong-Un 'blinks', ready to negotiate with Trump" was sent to 'The Dump'.
Thanks

Went to put something up on the Joanna J Superstar thread 12.0 thread, but it got moved to "The Dump".. I would like an explanation as to why it got moved, please and thx!
Same question.

@BAM , you closed my support thread on a rule clarification, but the question remains unresolved. @Madmick cited a War Room rule saying that we arent allowed make threads about historical events. But I cant find that rule written out anywhere. Can someone please clarify the rule? What is the cutoff date? Should threads on historical topics be made in the OT?

And also I was seeking a clarification on when a thread is different enough to warrant its own thread.
For example, the aforementioned thread about Trump winning an award in 1986 made no mention of Charlottesville, but was merged into Madmick's megathread.

However, shortly after @Madmick himself created this thead

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/a...ottesville-concerning-antifa-funding.3598869/

Which is simply about Alex Jones' thoughts on Charlottesville. So we need clarification on the rules, because I cant see why Madmick's 2 Charlottesville threads are different enough to warrant their own topics, but the other threads Madmick merged into his own arent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back