Was Your Thread Deleted, Moved or Merged? Ask about it here - Vol 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
My gsp thread deleted... for no reason
No fighter bashing what so ever and still got deleted.either a mod have a personal problem with me or just take nitpicking to a next level

Last edited:
My gsp thread deleted... for no reason
No fighter bashing what so ever and still got deleted.either a mod have a personal problem with me or just take nitpicking to a next level
Calling a fighter a can is indeed fighter bashing and seeing as how every thread you make has the intention to bash or discredit a particular fighter I think you should be grateful you were blessed with a mere delete and not handed a yellow card.

Calling a fighter a can is indeed fighter bashing and seeing as how every thread you make has the intention to bash or discredit a particular fighter I think you should be grateful you were blessed with a mere delete and not handed a yellow card.
Yea calling a unknown fighter can = fighter bashing while there’s a lot of thread that did the exact same thing and didn’t get deleted.
The funny thing is,can is not even a bad word.just another definition for bad fighters.
Unless I can’t call bad fighters “bad”

Last edited:
Yet again my thread got move to wasteland for no reason
Either that mod have some personal problem with me or just moved my thread for no reason

My thread was just deleted. A genuine, non-trollish, thoughtful, and content-filled post, made for the purpose of improving fighter health and matchmaking, and thus the entertainment value of the sport.

This is the simplest and easiest way to get rid of weight cutting. We don't need weight classes anymore. They're an outdated concept. Khabib/Max should be happening tomorrow night, and it's ridiculous that it isn't. Neither Khabib nor Max shoulda been destroying their bodies in the first place; it's all so unnecessary.

Fighters can just be weighed at random times throughout the year. The UFC has a finite (~600) number of fighters on the roster. That's manageable -- instituting and running the USADA drug testing program was/is exponentially more expensive than simply weighing fighters a few times per year. USADA could even be the ones who weigh the fighters.

These weigh-ins would be used to develop a historical record of fighter weights. These weights, along with height and reach stats, would be used for matchmaking. It'd be in fighters' best interests to stay in shape year-round, to create low weight records. This would be a secondary benefit of the new system.

A huge benefit of this new system is that matchmaking will have been freed up tremendously. No more divisions, preventing potentially great fights.

Yet another benefit of the new system would be the removal of the "game of rankings" that people obsess over. People can finally just become fans of the sport. This would be great for purists, who like fights more than titles, rankings, and records. People who don't actually like fighting will have lost something, but they're in the minority (however prevalent on Sherdog), and it shouldn't be too difficult for them to find a new hobby.

Titles would still exist, but they wouldn't be attached to any particular weight. If at any point two champions exist close enough in size to fight, then they can unify the titles. If at any point NO champions exist around a particular size, while there's a clear world class fighter, then that fighter can fight for a new title.

Rankings could be replaced by all fighters being "graded", e.g. "entry level, mid level, high level" or "grade 1, 2, 3, 4, 5". This would be far superior to rankings anyway, as it'd prevent fighters from ducking lower ranked opponents. "Mid level" fighters could dominate other "mid level" fighters, and thus earn a "high level" ranking, despite other "high level" fighters refusing to fight them and any other "mid level" fighters. This grading system would have yet another benefit, in that it'd stop certain media members, i.e. Luke Thomas and Jeff Wagenheim, from being so confused about what rankings are.

TLDR: Get rid of weight classes. Weigh fighters randomly multiple times throughout the year instead. This would improve matchmaking and remove weightcutting. It's the way forward. The current system is outdated. Don't be afraid of change.

My thread was just deleted. A genuine, non-trollish, thoughtful, and content-filled post, made for the purpose of improving fighter health and matchmaking, and thus the entertainment value of the sport.

This is the simplest and easiest way to get rid of weight cutting. We don't need weight classes anymore. They're an outdated concept. Khabib/Max should be happening tomorrow night, and it's ridiculous that it isn't. Neither Khabib nor Max shoulda been destroying their bodies in the first place; it's all so unnecessary.

Fighters can just be weighed at random times throughout the year. The UFC has a finite (~600) number of fighters on the roster. That's manageable -- instituting and running the USADA drug testing program was/is exponentially more expensive than simply weighing fighters a few times per year. USADA could even be the ones who weigh the fighters.

These weigh-ins would be used to develop a historical record of fighter weights. These weights, along with height and reach stats, would be used for matchmaking. It'd be in fighters' best interests to stay in shape year-round, to create low weight records. This would be a secondary benefit of the new system.

A huge benefit of this new system is that matchmaking will have been freed up tremendously. No more divisions, preventing potentially great fights.

Yet another benefit of the new system would be the removal of the "game of rankings" that people obsess over. People can finally just become fans of the sport. This would be great for purists, who like fights more than titles, rankings, and records. People who don't actually like fighting will have lost something, but they're in the minority (however prevalent on Sherdog), and it shouldn't be too difficult for them to find a new hobby.

Titles would still exist, but they wouldn't be attached to any particular weight. If at any point two champions exist close enough in size to fight, then they can unify the titles. If at any point NO champions exist around a particular size, while there's a clear world class fighter, then that fighter can fight for a new title.

Rankings could be replaced by all fighters being "graded", e.g. "entry level, mid level, high level" or "grade 1, 2, 3, 4, 5". This would be far superior to rankings anyway, as it'd prevent fighters from ducking lower ranked opponents. "Mid level" fighters could dominate other "mid level" fighters, and thus earn a "high level" ranking, despite other "high level" fighters refusing to fight them and any other "mid level" fighters. This grading system would have yet another benefit, in that it'd stop certain media members, i.e. Luke Thomas and Jeff Wagenheim, from being so confused about what rankings are.

TLDR: Get rid of weight classes. Weigh fighters randomly multiple times throughout the year instead. This would improve matchmaking and remove weightcutting. It's the way forward. The current system is outdated. Don't be afraid of change.
Do mods respond here?

They didn't last time I posted in this thread. Doesn't look like they're gonna this time either?

Do mods respond here?

They didn't last time I posted in this thread. Doesn't look like they're gonna this time either?
It was likely removed not because of your earnest intentions by it, but rather what in fact discussion and/or content came of it – examples of this can be excessive infighting amongst contributors and frequent derails, both criteria making a thread more or less unreadable for most visitors and members.

It was likely removed not because of your earnest intentions by it, but rather what in fact discussion and/or content came of it – examples of this can be excessive infighting amongst contributors and frequent derails, both criteria making a thread more or less unreadable for most visitors and members.
I don't remember specifically what discussion came of it, but this is Sherdog, so you can imagine. You can't delete all threads. Sherdog is well known for having a large amount of "special" posters (it doesn't mean we don't have good posters too). Allowing these special people to have threads deleted by posting nonsense in them is not a good idea. You're essentially letting the lunatics run the asylum.

What do you actually mean by "infighting"? Differences of opinion are to be expected, and the misconception that it's not good to talk about one's disagreement is terrible. Arguments are actually a good thing. All they are is an exchange of information. Even if I'm arguing with one of the forum's many "special" posters, you can be sure at least I'll have something to say, and thus that my side of the argument will be filled with content.

It's especially bad for the thread to be deleted, instead of being moved to the Wasteland, because now it's gone forever. The validity of the deletion/move can't be checked, so the mod won't be accountable for their fuckup. We can only speculate about what was in the thread, because the thread is gone.

Comment deleted for : 'Race Baiting'

So, I made a post citing a Nat Geo. Magazine cover in which a racially mixed woman was on the cover and it stated this is what we will look like in 50 years.

I simply asked if that were true and I said I do not think we will look like this.

My post was deleted and the commentary was: Race baiting

Seriously... Wtf guys? I mean I have posts deleted ALL the time sometimes warranted (usually not), but I seriously can't create a topic on race at all?!

I didn't use any racist terms.

I did not say whether the mixing was a good thing or a bad thing.

I don't see what the hell is "race baiting" about that question.

Come on guys.. be fair, at least every once in a while.

Addendum:

You guys allow millions of "Tyrone Woodley is a race-baiter/racist/ blames everything on being black!" threads.

But have a problem with a "humans will be mixed in the future" threads?!

The double standard is real.

Last edited:
Addendum:

You guys allow millions of "Tyrone Woodley is a race-baiter/racist/ blames everything on being black!" threads.

But have a problem with a "humans will be mixed in the future" threads?!

The double standard is real

We prefer to have neither on here as those threads turn sour real quick.

It's not a double standard, but unfortunately, we aren't always able to keep up with the rapid fire nature of the Heavies most of the time so if these threads aren't reported they likely won't be seen by a Mod.

If you feel that others are getting away with it, please report these threads and they'll be looked into.

We prefer to have neither on here as those threads turn sour real quick.

It's not a double standard, but unfortunately, we aren't always able to keep up with the rapid fire nature of the Heavies most of the time so if these threads aren't reported they likely won't be seen by a Mod.

If you feel that others are getting away with it, please report these threads and they'll be looked into.

Okay, I was admittedly upset at first but this makes sense.

Although I don't think it was going bad, a few people just said as long as the girl is hot they wouldn't mind, but I can see the precaution.

I didn't want to start a new thread just to ask this so I'll ask here.

Where in the user control panel does it show when your dubs expire. I vaguely recall there being a page called 'Infractions'. Obviously I can just do the math from when I got them, but my inability to find that tab/page is annoying me.

I didn't want to start a new thread just to ask this so I'll ask here.

Where in the user control panel does it show when your dubs expire. I vaguely recall there being a page called 'Infractions'. Obviously I can just do the math from when I got them, but my inability to find that tab/page is annoying me.
I don't think it shows it on this software, but your cards will expire on May 7th, at 12:05pm PST/ 3:05pm EST

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back