Was Your Thread Deleted, Moved or Merged? Ask about it here - Vol 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why was my thread just moved to wasteland?

I just sat there for half an hour constructing a thread that pertains to UFC discussion in every possible way, doesn't have any hint of trolling or negativity, and that people were willing to discuss, and for some bizarre reason it's been removed.

Can someone please explain why?

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/ufc-open-weight-tournament.3865365/
Fantasy matchups, especially ones involving fighters several weight classes apart (middleweight to heavyweight) are generally relocated to the wasteland for more appropriate discussion.

Fantasy matchups, especially ones involving fighters several weight classes apart (middleweight to heavyweight) are generally relocated to the wasteland for more appropriate discussion.
Really? Just did a quick search, and there's 33 recent threads about Conor vs Anderson Silva in the UFC Discussion section. So we're talking about a guy who's fought at 145 and 155, fighting someone who fought at 185 and 205, and that's not ridiculous, but me suggesting that Luke Rockhold could compete with a HW is?

How exactly do you guys decide which hypothetical matchup several weight classes apart is worthy of being discussed in the UFC forum?

Really? Just did a quick search, and there's 33 recent threads about Conor vs Anderson Silva in the UFC Discussion section. So we're talking about a guy who's fought at 145 and 155, fighting someone who fought at 185 and 205, and that's not ridiculous, but me suggesting that Luke Rockhold could compete with a HW is?

How exactly do you guys decide which hypothetical matchup several weight classes apart is worthy of being discussed in the UFC forum?
Well, to that specific example, which is obviously an outlier, we have a few caveats: a) it's particularly newsworthy given that it's been covered by major outlets (ESPN, Junkie, etc) and 2) Silva started his career at WW, which McGregor competed at in 2016.

Ultimately, as it says in The Wasteland Hand Guide, other threads may be relocated there at the discretion of a moderator.

why was my thread moved to the wasteland.

i honestly provided an awesome opinion backed by so much researchand bam gone wasteland SMH mods you guys are pathetic. i put so much work into that thread to try and entertain all of us here.
Nothing was based on hate, it was all factual and i even specified what my opinion was. If you do this i might as well leave, i honestly think i bring in good content in general. Check my past posts. Very disappointed
http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/studying-2nd-drug-test-failure-of-jones-he-set-himself-up.3867059/

you guys also did this my thread here:

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/k...-the-killing-of-athletes-in-dagestan.3844721/

again no hate here only research, its really a shame, at least tell me the reason. I don't need you to review rthis thread in particular, i honestly think you made a mistake with my Jones thread and want it backin UFC discussion. I have to think someone here has an issue with me and if you do tell me because i am gonna go from this forum, no point me fighting against a Mod here

Last edited:
why was my thread moved to the wasteland.

i honestly provided an awesome opinion backed by so much researchand bam gone wasteland SMH mods you guys are pathetic. i put so much work into that thread to try and entertain all of us here.
Nothing was based on hate, it was all factual and i even specified what my opinion was. If you do this i might as well leave, i honestly think i bring in good content in general. Check my past posts. Very disappointed
http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/studying-2nd-drug-test-failure-of-jones-he-set-himself-up.3867059/
From what it appears, it was wastelanded for a few reasons.

First, it accused a fighter of doping prior to a positive test, which is still considered fighter bashing.
Second, it accused a prominent management team of criminal activities based on "facts" that the management team know Russians.
Third, conspiracy theory threads generally get relocated to the wasteland or the dump, in the case of your title claiming Jones "set himself up."

The actual information about the testing was one thing but the opinions pushed it over the top. I hope that answers your question.

From what it appears, it was wastelanded for a few reasons.

First, it accused a fighter of doping prior to a positive test, which is still considered fighter bashing.
Second, it accused a prominent management team of criminal activities based on "facts" that the management team know Russians.
Third, conspiracy theory threads generally get relocated to the wasteland or the dump, in the case of your title claiming Jones "set himself up."

The actual information about the testing was one thing but the opinions pushed it over the top. I hope that answers your question.
but like the opinions are based on prior evidence
1. I did not bash Jones, everything was mentioned about his drug test failures which are fact
2. I did not accuse Kawa of criminal activites. It is fact he his friends with a russian warlord (who is the 2nd most powerful figure in Russia) as his fighters are just like many other fighters. Werdum and Khabib included. I even provided a link to them with photos in the link. Khadyrov has been accused of shady stuff.
3. Its not a conspiracy theory thread. There's literally boat loads on info there and from it i specify exactly where my opinion is lightheartedly. What is the point of this forums if i cant do that. My opinions weren't even violent or hated. it was more humorous and again played on facts.

I am very disappointed i put alot of effort and for you guys to just hammer down judgement that quickly is honestly shameful. When you guys wasteland the indian gym thread. i Knew why the community went into a hateful indian thread when i wanted it to be specifically about the gym. The killing of dagestan athletes maybe a nerve was struck. But seriously that thread on Jones did not deserve that judgement. I spent hours researching. what i am meant to do have zero opinion. also my opinion isn't even baseless, its backed by research. Again i am just severely disappointed. If i get wastelanded why even bother doing another subject with that much info if i just get wastelanded. Really disappointed and even other sherdoggers agree on my thread. Can the mod responsible at least have the courage to explain himself.

Last edited:
you guys also did this my thread here:

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/k...-the-killing-of-athletes-in-dagestan.3844721/

again no hate here only research, its really a shame, at least tell me the reason. I don't need you to review rthis thread in particular, i honestly think you made a mistake with my Jones thread and want it backin UFC discussion. I have to think someone here has an issue with me and if you do tell me because i am gonna go from this forum, no point me fighting against a Mod here
Looking at this, it was relocated to the wasteland in October and you are just asking about it now? The log does not have much information about this thread.

I would venture a guess that it was moved because it was a thread that discussed politics and world events, and had absolutely nothing to do with the UFC, other than that UFC champion Khabib Nurmagomedov is from Dagestan. It would have likely been better suited for the War Room.

When a thread is relocated by the staff, there is no need for you or another in the thread to call out random active mods demanding an answer. This is the thread to ask about relocated threads.

Looking at this, it was relocated to the wasteland in October and you are just asking about it now? The log does not have much information about this thread.

I would venture a guess that it was moved because it was a thread that discussed politics and world events, and had absolutely nothing to do with the UFC, other than that UFC champion Khabib Nurmagomedov is from Dagestan. It would have likely been better suited for the War Room.

I mentioned only because It was more of a "okay I understand the barriers now of thread making when it comes to accusations of possible crimes which was reason 2". I didn’t really care that it was wastelanded I understood that it was for a political reasons. I am saying I have developed knowledge to not make threads with those issues being so prevalent from this thread, I felt that I didn’t break any rules for my Jones thread which is I am pretty upset over the mods actions.

You might think wow I am really batting it over a thread. But for me the way I see it, it’s a topic I am very passionate about and clearly put a huge of amount of effort it. To be just wastelanded within 5 minutes without any clear explanation is ridiculous especially when other forum members concur I did not break any rules. Honestly the mod should have courage to explain himself. Otherwise just ban me and be done with it. Don’t wanna be here with a bunch of fake mods censoring interesting ideas based on evidence with no base to stand on or courage to move the thread back.

Last edited:
Lol so I just had a thread critiquing jimmy smith as a commentator which was merge s into a Paul felder commentator bash thread. If the thread was merged into a “rate the commentator thread” I would understand, however there is no similarities between the two threads...it’s akin to merging two threads critiquing a totally different fighter together....this is off the heels of several other suspect thread merges. Pretty sure some mod has it out for milksteak...who? And why?

This thread was also wastelanded for no reason..because I have an opinion on a fighter that was fighting that moment it was created? Lots of others agreed...

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/watching-elkins-makes-me-uncomfortable.3867167/#post-146725097

Last edited:
Been a member for 9 years, been reading Sherdog for 15 years, and got my first ever yellow card just now.

How do I find out what it's for? I have received no notification. No PM. It doesn't appear that any of my posts have been deleted.

Appreciate the advice from my SherBros more informed with the carding process.
Thanks

Been a member for 9 years, been reading Sherdog for 15 years, and got my first ever yellow card just now.

How do I find out what it's for? I have received no notification. No PM. It doesn't appear that any of my posts have been deleted.

Appreciate the advice from my SherBros more informed with the carding process.
Thanks
Any help?

I started a new thread in the support section with the above post, which was promptly moved to here, but otherwise have received no information?

Thanks.

@BAM my thread got wastelanded , I was accused of trolling, and whoever wastelanded my thread called me dumb and stupid.

I was not trolling, I was expressing my view that kevin lee won that fight, is it possible to revive my thread after review? Also do something about the abuse I'vs received on these wasteland notifications , it's very unprofessional.

@BAM my thread got wastelanded , I was accused of trolling, and whoever wastelanded my thread called me dumb and stupid.

I was not trolling, I was expressing my view that kevin lee won that fight, is it possible to revive my thread after review? Also do something about the abuse I'vs received on these wasteland notifications , it's very unprofessional.
Please PM me the specific notifications you received, copied and pasted. If you claim you have received "abusive" notifications, you need to document them or you may be carded for disruption of services for frivolously reporting staff. This thread, as it has been documented in the first post, is not a complaint thread.

Also, Iaquinta won the fight unanimously, and fairly frequently on media scores by a margin of 3-2, so a "robbery" claim may be unwarranted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back