Was Tryon vs wonderboy 1 a boring fight?

The first fight was cool. That right hand from Woodley in the fourth round (or third?) was brutal, and the guillotine he had Thompson in was DEEP.
Yeah, I think everyone who was watching was impressed that he was able to work his way out of it. It was an interesting chess match between two counterpunchers who had a lot of respect for what the other was capable of doing.

FOTN on a great card.

I don't remember much of it, but I don't remember it being boring.

Didn't think it was a great fight, but certainly far, far better than the rematch. Didn't consider it boring.

2nd fight was lame, the 1st fight was pretty solid when Woodley became the aggressor.

It was entertaining because of Woodley's finish attempts, but other than that it's hard to remember any highlights. I didn't have any interest in a rematch after the first one.

As far as the second fight, blame is mostly on Wonderboy. If you're a challenger, you're supposed to bring it to the champion. Woodley was winning comfortably so he just kept going at the same pace.
This is the highlight of the fight. Woodley knocked Wonderboy cross eyed.
Woodley-and-Thompson.jpg

Not boring but not good

Woodley hurting Wonder and beating him up on the ground for a round is all I remember of it
Fourth round was pretty good. Tryon turned wonderboy into a walking dead. Wonderboy then survived the submission and ended the round on top.

The story of how the rounds were won was very entertaining. You had Woodley dominating him right off the bat but Thompson won the next two rounds by a slim margin before getting the piss beat out of him in the fourth, only to squeak by in the fifth round. It wasn't a constant slobberknocker but it was a good mix of things. The worst part of it was the decision but up until that, it was enjoyable.

First fight was a boring fight till the 4th round when Woodley dropped Stephen
Second fight was also a boring one, I think Tyron definitely deserved the win in both ocassions.
Boring is just the tactics, against Lawler and Till Tyron wasn't boring and was more aggressive, certain fighters need certain approach so that's how we get Thompson and Maia as a boring fights, Tyron had to fight them that way
Yep, but then it was a nonfight again after the drop. I don't remember the card, but it must have sucked if that pos fight got fotn.

See this is a lot on threads but I didn't think the fight was boring and it actually won fight of the night. The second fight was awful but imo the first one was entertaining, dunno why people found it boring. Also, should the blame of the second fight also be on wonderboy? Aside from Hendricks, dude has been in some boring fights himself.

giphy.gif

I've heard dudes say the 1st and 2nd fight weren't that different but that's revisionism. The first fight was good. It had suspense, and it delivered before it was thru. The 2nd fight was like waiting in a rollercoaster that's climbing up to the top, and then never comes down

I agree with you partly. The first fight felt like a good movie that just never had a climactic ending. I watched the first fight with a few casuals and I was surprised when a couple of them said it was boring. I think you had to know the back story of both fighters and the 170 division to feel that tension and suspense.

The story of how the rounds were won was very entertaining. You had Woodley dominating him right off the bat but Thompson won the next two rounds by a slim margin before getting the piss beat out of him in the fourth, only to squeak by in the fifth round. It wasn't a constant slobberknocker but it was a good mix of things. The worst part of it was the decision but up until that, it was enjoyable.
How did he squeak by in the 5th round? I think I remember Thompson landing punches on a gassed & stationary Woodley who wasn't doing anything.

no, a lot of the intrigue was seeing how woodley would react to wonderboy's style, so i guess that's what took some steam out of the rematch cause we didn't see a ton of new developments

It was a good fight, but the 2nd was so bad it effects peoples memories of the 1st

See this is a lot on threads but I didn't think the fight was boring and it actually won fight of the night. The second fight was awful but imo the first one was entertaining, dunno why people found it boring. Also, should the blame of the second fight also be on wonderboy? Aside from Hendricks, dude has been in some boring fights himself.
No it wasn't. It was a great display of skills and fight IQ. For me it was one of the best fights I have seen. Of course most sherdogers would preffer slugfest ala Sanchez vs Melendez, but when it comes to show some great skills, this was the fight. Nate vs Conor 2 was the complete opposite. That was a shit fight.

It certainly wasn't at the time. It was intriguing just seeing how it would play out from round to round. There was this anticipation that either guy would explode at a given moment to take control of the fight. It didn't happen but I liked the fight at the time. It wasn't anything classic or overly exciting and I would not watch it all again.

You can put up with a virtual stalemate bout once but twice...

No it wasn't. It was a great display of skills and fight IQ. For me it was one of the best fights I have seen. Of course most sherdogers would preffer slugfest ala Sanchez vs Melendez, but when it comes to show some great skills, this was the fight. Nate vs Conor 2 was the complete opposite. That was a shit fight.
I actually agree. nate vs conor 1 was amazing but the second fight kinda got sloppy after the 2nd round. Both of them gassed.

Back