Was Tryon vs wonderboy 1 a boring fight?

TerraRayzing

Little eagle soars again
@Brown
Reaction score
See this in a lot of threads but I didn't think the fight was boring and it actually won fight of the night. The second fight was awful but imo the first one was entertaining, dunno why people found it boring. Also, should the blame of the second fight also be on wonderboy? Aside from Hendricks, dude has been in some boring fights himself.

Last edited:
it was solid for sure. the rematch and the maia fight were 2 all time stinkers tho for title fights

Because I'm a casual I only watched the first scrap between the two. Draw was fair.

The way people speak about the 2nd fight makes me believe a 3rd would be pointless.

I remember enjoying it at the time. Number 2 was a shitpile though

I don't think a fight that ends in a split draw is exactly a barn-burner. Wonderboy getting dropped was the most exciting thing that happened.

The second fight was way worse, they both did much less.

I've heard dudes say the 1st and 2nd fight weren't that different but that's revisionism. The first fight was good. It had suspense, and it delivered before it was thru. The 2nd fight was like waiting in a rollercoaster that's climbing up to the top, and then never comes down

I don't think a fight that ends in a split draw is exactly a barn-burner. Wonderboy getting dropped was the most exciting thing that happened.

The second fight was way worse, they both did much less.
What's a draw got to do with it? Some of the best slugfests have been draws since the judges and often a majority of the fans didn't want either fighter to lose

What's a draw got to do with it? Some of the best slugfests have been draws since the judges and often a majority of the fans didn't want either fighter to lose

A split draw tells me that the judges didn't have a lot to work with and were pretty much guessing

The first fight was cool. That right hand from Woodley in the fourth round (or third?) was brutal, and the guillotine he had Thompson in was DEEP.

Also Tyron won the fight imo, that wasn't a draw.

But the rematch stinked that's for sure.

A split draw tells me that the judges didn't have a lot to work with and were pretty much guessing
I guess that's one way to interpret it. The Zgannou-Lewis fight comes to mind
For me it feels like most of the draws I've ever seen have been pretty good entertaining fights
I'm sure we can at least agree MMA Judges suck intergalactic nutsack and are uniquely terrible at their jobs

If it wasn't for the fourth round the first fight would have been as boring as the second.

I remember thinking it was pretty boring overall and only had that good moment where woodley hurt Wonderboy. i remember wondering being shocked that it got fight of the night and that people were excited for the rematch.

It was entertaining because of Woodley's finish attempts, but other than that it's hard to remember any highlights. I didn't have any interest in a rematch after the first one.

As far as the second fight, blame is mostly on Wonderboy. If you're a challenger, you're supposed to bring it to the champion. Woodley was winning comfortably so he just kept going at the same pace.

Not boring but not good

Woodley hurting Wonder and beating him up on the ground for a round is all I remember of it

I'm on the it was basically hot garbage train.

The first fight Wonderboy still had mystic and Tyron almost koed/choked him. That was it though.

I will freely admit I'm more of a just bleed guy, than a sweet science guy.

First fight was a boring fight till the 4th round when Woodley dropped Stephen
Second fight was also a boring one, I think Tyron definitely deserved the win in both ocassions.
Boring is just the tactics, against Lawler and Till Tyron wasn't boring and was more aggressive, certain fighters need certain approach so that's how we get Thompson and Maia as a boring fights, Tyron had to fight them that way

I remember being pretty bored but quite a few posters when I recently said this, strongly disagreed with me

I enjoyed both fights. Was happy for Tyron because I am not a racist. I even said he was going to win.

Back