Was TJ vs Barao the most exteme example of a large underdog dominating?

Ver

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Sorry if this has been posted but I didn't see anything specifically for this

Last night, according to the odds that were posted before each fight, the odds for the Hendo/DC match were about the same for the TJ/Barao match. I can't remember exactly the number but it was about +800 for both I think. The Hendo/DC match went about how I would expect a fight with these odds to play out.

After that fight, I was totally expecting that Dillashaw was going to get destroyed but instead the opposite happened (imo). Is this the most extreme example of such a large favorite dominating? IF not, what is? Thanks guys.

Yeah, I would be surprised if there were something higher but would there even be something even like +400 or something

What was Randy/Timmeh?

Ehh nevermind, just looked. Couture was only +260

TJ is probably the biggest underdog I've ever seen come in and dominate. Serra was a big dog for GSP 1, but he didn't really "dominate." Barao had next to nothing for TJ and was -1300 on one site.

This is the first thread in a series that will crest with TS admitting he is gay. I'll let sherdoggers predict the on between threads. I'm guessing one will be about how attractive all the TAM members are.

he was about 2 to 1 - i remember bc i bet on gonzaga and looked foolish

Haha, thanks - I haven't bet MMA in a long time but I can not really think of another time where so many HUGE underdogs have come in such a short time.

And thanks for the other responses as well - I guess it was probably an impossible thing to ask - I mean, really, that was quite a domination to a finish in the final round of a title match where basically everyone had counted TJ out. Even if there are better examples of dominations I don't really think there have been that many +800s that have come in at all.

This is the first thread in a series that will crest with TS admitting he is gay. I'll let sherdoggers predict the on between threads. I'm guessing one will be about how attractive all the TAM members are.

Haha wtf?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back