• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Was that really Arlovski's last fight?

I assume It doesn't matter what Arlovski wants. It's the UFC's decision.

They gave him the contracts and keep letting him fight. They are the ones making the calls.. just like Dana saying last night that he's done. He could have made the call a long time ago.
It's not the UFC's decision though. They can't make him retire. If they cut him or don't re-sign him they can't stop him from signing with another promotion. If they keep him under contract they have to offer him fights.

It's not the UFC's decision though. They can't make him retire. If they cut him or don't re-sign him they can't stop him from signing with another promotion. If they keep him under contract they have to offer him fights.

They can make him retire from the UFC though. That is my point. Of course he can do whatever he wants outside of their company if someone else - for whatever reason - offers him a contract. It’s not their problem.

Helwani just tweeted that it WAS The last fight on his deal.

What a fucking joke, Dana. This could have been planned a long time ago, unless they were really just going to let him keep going with a win.
What should be planned/??????????

You tell me.

What should they have planned?

You think then when this came up, and even BEFORE this, they didnt tell him, yo you should retire, we can put something nice together for you.

Arlovski: No i dont want to.

END OF STORY

You cant MAKE someone retire.

There is no point in sending the guy off if he's gonna fight somewhere else, thats not how it works. They dont want him goin somewhere else, after all they did for him.

That is literally how it works. Look at many UFC fighters who had more of a send off than Andrei and then went on to box.

They can make him retire from the UFC though. That is my point. Of course he can do whatever he wants outside of their company if someone else - for whatever reason - offers him a contract. It’s not their problem.
Headliner for some small promotion in Europe 2025: Arlovski vs Bigfoot 3: Winner Takes All

Retiring from the UFC is not a thing. You retire from the sport, you don't retire from a promotion.

It's like saying Lionel Messi retired from La Liga because he plays in MLS now. No, it doesn't work that way.

I missed his fight last night so I don't know what they said or didn't say about him but from what I understand Arlovski had a very generous contract paying him a lot of money for fights that in recent years have frankly not been very good. I'm sure he'll have his moment down the road but if he's not actually retiring he doesn't deserve a big send-off especially after a stinker of a fight.

I hope Arlovski has one last fight against Anthony Smith. A last-minute main event, a full twenty-five minutes of relenting action.

Arlovski will fight again in UFC, even without a contract
He can’t be stopped

Retiring from the UFC is not a thing. You retire from the sport, you don't retire from a promotion.

It's like saying Lionel Messi retired from La Liga because he plays in MLS now. No, it doesn't work that way.

I missed his fight last night so I don't know what they said or didn't say about him but from what I understand Arlovski had a very generous contract paying him a lot of money for fights that in recent years have frankly not been very good. I'm sure he'll have his moment down the road but if he's not actually retiring he doesn't deserve a big send-off especially after a stinker of a fight.

Ariel said he wants to fight somewhere else. Didn’t say what or where. Boxing is my guess.

How come he didn't get the Waterson treatment? Dude has been in the UFC 3x longer than Waterson and was a former champion lol.. and she gets the video package and Rogan interview?

No way that was his last fight, right? Dana was just being a dick? I know the fight sucked, but come on.. to go out that way? After that long of an illustrious career? What the fuck??

View attachment 1050564

EDIT:

Tweet from Helwani.. it was his last fight, the UFC fucking knew it too and still did nothing.

What do you want the UFC to do sir, let him knockout a flyweight to send him off on a kite? Lol

Arlovski has an absolute chicken wing for a right hand. He can’t throw a cross to save his life

Waterson told the UFC she'd be calling it a career after this fight. Arlovski is getting dragged out lol he'd put on these bullshit sparring sessions until he's 55 if he could. If he had willingly called it a day than he would've got the same treatment.

Not comparable at all, he's not even retiring apparently just going elsewhere.

That is literally how it works. Look at many UFC fighters who had more of a send off than Andrei and then went on to box.
If they are just boxing they are still retired from the sport of MMA.

What do you want the UFC to do sir, let him knockout a flyweight to send him off on a kite? Lol

I get that he didn’t want a interview/video.

Just think he deserved something more than a 2 second answer to a question at a presser.

Back