• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Was Takada vs Coleman a work?

It's ok, I'll just take your word for it even though I found nothing on Google

<JackieThumbsUp>
Believe I saw him address it in a vid. He didn't come right out and say it in those words, but basically said he did shit he wasn't proud of and was in dire need of money. He was specifically referring to that fight.

Greatest pro-wrestling match of all-time.

14:19 Coleman doing the "Let me at him." shtick with that punch.

<{hughesimpress}>

Coleman claimed it wasn't, then implied it was. I think he just got caught. It's not like he was the greatest fighter ever. Maurice Smith beat him and he got subbed by Renzo in 50 seconds. Fedor and Nog subbed him in the first round also, and the only reason he beat Shogun is because Shogun fell back and dislocated his elbow. Freak injury.

I'm surprised we're still asking about this in 2022. The most blatant work in MMA history. Even the commentators called it out.

I'm surprised we're still asking about this in 2022. The most blatant work in MMA history. Even the commentators called it out.
" Even the commentators called it out."
Doesn't make it true.

Wanna talk about work, how about Vitor backing up to the fence and waiting for Couture to "punch himself out." Worst gameplan in history! Didn't even fight back. Didn't use his footwork. Nothing. Also Rumble against DC looked fishy. Rumble rocks him in the middle of the ring, then instead of backing off for more boxing, he puts DC in the clinch and looked like some rookie from there. Then he leaves UFC.

" Even the commentators called it out."
Doesn't make it true.
In response to questions about the fight's legitimacy, Coleman said, "It was what it was. I needed to support my family. They guaranteed me another fight after that and I needed that security. It was what it was. I'm going to leave it at that."

oh-its-true-its-damn-true.gif

Having an open worked fight and with the Yakuza involved at any level, every fight has to be called into question whether you like it or not.
translation: I can't name a single worked fight with any historical relevance

I'll top you there. How about the highest selling PPV in the existence of the history of the sport, clearly rigged in favor of Conor in every conceivable way with the exception of the fact that Khabib didn't play along and take the check?

Oh wait a minute, that's UFC. We aren't supposed to talk about that. Just bitch about Coleman fighting a pro wrestler one time 20 years ago.

translation: I can't name a single worked fight with any historical relevance

I'll top you there. How about the highest selling PPV in the existence of the history of the sport, clearly rigged in favor of Conor in every conceivable way with the exception of the fact that Khabib didn't play along and take the check?

Oh wait a minute, that's UFC. We aren't supposed to talk about that. Just bitch about Coleman fighting a pro wrestler one time 20 years ago.

huh-dave-chappelle.gif

When Bellator goes overseas, they use the Mohegan Sun commission to regulate the events—including the Bellator Japan card. Fedor vs Rampage was regulated by a U.S. commission, there was nothing fixed about it. That was a case of Rampage being fat, out of shape, and getting tired of Fedor teeing off on him so he said “No Mas.” That’s all.

I'd really like to believe this, brother, but that shit was just too fucky. Fuckery supreme.

In response to questions about the fight's legitimacy, Coleman said, "It was what it was. I needed to support my family. They guaranteed me another fight after that and I needed that security. It was what it was. I'm going to leave it at that."

oh-its-true-its-damn-true.gif
That makes it worse. LOL
Fuck him he lost.

I'd really like to believe this, brother, but that shit was just too fucky. Fuckery supreme.
Dude, let’s use some logic here. It’s a huge risk for an MMA promotion to fix fights. This was overseen and handled in the exact same way that every Bellator card at Mohegan Sun is handled, by the same U.S.-based commission.

And why?? Why fix this fight? The old, overweight, unmotivated version of Rampage never had a prayer in hell of beating Fedor, there was no need to fix that fight. I get that the stoppage was goofy, but that’s not due to any fix. It’s due to Rampage being way overmatched and out of shape, and/or maybe expecting a friendly sparring match with his buddy Fedor—but Fedor doesn’t roll like that. When the bell rings, he throws hammers. I think Rampage couldn’t land shit, was eating hard shots, and after Fedor threw that right hand that busted Rampage open he said “Fuck this shit, I don’t want anymore.” For that fight to be fixed just makes no sense.

How much Pride did you watch? Name a significant fight that you think was a work (i.e., a fight having an actual important impact on a career, or involving/benefiting an elite and/or international fighter). The Coleman fiasco is the only fight that comes to mind. Other circus/potentially fixed fights were for a local/pro wrestler against a can.
works or shady doings were ripe

Royce drawing Takada in the GP and Takada faking a leg injury and doing nothing the entire fight, so Royce could advance to fight Saku.

Mezger being screwd against Saku so Saku could advance.

Coleman basically getting a free ride into the final.

Great tournament but some shadey shit.

Last edited:
Back