Was Robbie Lawler cut from the UFC

Back in my day people communicated clearly so that other people didn't have to solve a riddle to understand what was being said.

A riddle? A guy who was released once and has no chance of being released now?

This is a riddle?

Do you find coloring books and dot to dot taxing as well?

This is a riddle?

Do you think anyone believes you considered this when creating your title?

His first stint in the UFC ended many years ago, long before the vast majority of Sherdog members were following the sport.

People are saying you are a terrible communicator, and they're right, which shouldn't be surprising as you spent your time breaking your back growing corn while the rest of us were in school.

His first stint in the UFC ended many years ago, long before the vast majority of Sherdog members were following the sport.

People are saying you are a terrible communicator, and they're right, which shouldn't be surprising as you spent your time breaking your back growing corn while the rest of us were in school.

I did not consider anything, i wrote and expected people to follow, i did not occur to me for a second people would not know that Lawler was once in the UFC and then came back.

Its in literally every build up, commentary, press release about Lawler's amazing comeback. People who started following should do there damn research on the sport they claim to "live for and love"

Thought people could connect the dots and no act like dumb people. Maybe these noobs never watched ufc before when lawler was just a prospect.

i was just thinking, this means 2 current UFC champs were formally cut from the UFC by Dana.

Werdum was never cut by the UFC. He received a poor contract offer after losing to JDS and left of his own accord.

Judging by TS' account date and post count my belief is that he or she is an instigator and in fact chose his or her words very carefully in order to illicit a response. Subsequent responses have shown poor grammar but a reasonable intelligence behind them, so I am sure this is all deliberate.

This is a riddle?

Tbh I was suprised at how the reactions went itt. When I read the title I immediately thought you were talking about the past as he is the current champ.

kRp69bw_700wa_0.gif

Back in my day people communicated clearly so that other people didn't have to solve a riddle to understand what was being said.

Ah yes, the pre twitter era

Paris_Tuileries_Garden_Facepalm_statue.jpg
for the people pretending like they dont know what ts was talking about

Werdum was never cut by the UFC. He received a poor contract offer after losing to JDS and left of his own accord.

I think it was a renegotiation "offer" that he baulked at, as he'd just signed a new deal.

I think it was a renegotiation "offer" that he baulked at, as he'd just signed a new deal.

Oh? I may have misremembered, will look up.

EDIT: found a quote from Werdum where he states not that he was cut, but that the UFC attempted to renegotiate his contract while he still had multiple fights left. Sounds like they screwed him either way.

Source: http://mmajunkie.com/2008/11/fabricio-werdum-confirms-release-by-ufc

Thanks for encouraging me to look into it, FR.

Last edited:

After Werdum vs Fedor, Dana White, the PRESIDENT of the UFC, said that Fedor "was beaten by someone who couldn't hack it in the UFC."

Judging by TS' account date and post count my belief is that he or she is an instigator and in fact chose his or her words very carefully in order to illicit a response. Subsequent responses have shown poor grammar but a reasonable intelligence behind them, so I am sure this is all deliberate.

You give me far to much credit.

After Werdum vs Fedor, Dana White, the PRESIDENT of the UFC, said that Fedor "was beaten by someone who couldn't hack it in the UFC."

Dana would say anything to bash Fedor at that point, factual basis was not important. As per my (edited) post above, Werdum wasn't cut....not exactly anyway.

Oh? I may have misremembered, will look up.

I'm not 100% on it myself, but I think that was the case. From what I recall, he'd signed a new deal that started that fight, and should have been getting a title shot afterwards, the one he'd been pushed out of by the Lesnar/Mir and Handy/Nog fights. He proceeded to turn up overweight and get sparked out by a newcomer, which prompted the UFC to try and tear up the deal. I can sort understand that, as you can't give a title shot to a guy that just got deaded (don't agree with cutting his pay though), and I can certainly understand Werdum not wanting to take a pay cut.

Edit - Ah, you found an article on it. Nice work :D

I'm not 100% on it myself, but I think that was the case. From what I recall, he'd signed a new deal that started that fight, and should have been getting a title shot afterwards, the one he'd been pushed out of by the Lesnar/Mir and Handy/Nog fights. He proceeded to turn up overweight and get sparked out by a newcomer, which prompted the UFC to try and tear up the deal. I can sort understand that, as you can't give a title shot to a guy that just got deaded (don't agree with cutting his pay though), and I can certainly understand Werdum not wanting to take a pay cut.

Yes, I found some info and added it to my post above, what you've described sounds about right.

I just remember Dana saying he "regretted cutting" Werdum after he came back, can't source it though.

Back