Was Replacing Goldie with Anik necessary for the UFC to procure the ESPN deal?

Goldie makes broadcasts sound professional. Off camera he's still classier than Dana.

He actually started out on the ESPN MMA show, MMA Live.

He was 10 times better than the other guy (Franklin McNeil) they had on MMA Live. That guy seemed like a boxing guy who had no knowledge of MMA, from what I remember. Anik was actually pretty good and I could tell at least he has a passion for this shit.

Worst commentator ever.
I hope your family dies in a freak yachting accident after that remark. You got me
tenor.gif

He was 10 times better than the other guy (Franklin McNeil) they had on MMA Live. That guy seemed like a boxing guy who had no knowledge of MMA, from what I remember. Anik was actually pretty good and I could tell at least he has a passion for this shit.

Yeah, he was actually bearable back then. I liked that he was an MMA enthusiast doing a show on ESPN.

I liked Goldie. I liked that he was with the UFC before it became huge. I liked that was the commentator for the "every man" type of viewer. He asked questions and made comments that the casual viewer might ask or make. He played off of Rogan quite well IMO. I was sad to see him get cut. Everyone else they replaced him with is cookie cutter and bland.

Now that UFC is on ESPN, one has to wonder, was getting rid of Goldie a calculated move by WME to present a more professional image? Were Goldie's days limited ever since ownership changed hands? As much as I love Goldie, it's hard for me to imagine him doing commentary on a platform like ESPN. We all remember what happened on his first NFL gig.

mike-goldberg-tweet.0.jpg

Is Anik a more valuable commodity to the UFC than we had previously imagined?

bW10pZT.gif

On the eve of UFC's debut on the ESPN platform, we pay tribute to a fallen warrior. We still miss you.

z2J89zC.gif

so him leaveing 2 years ago was part of the espn deal that nobody knew was gone happen

Don't know. I'm just glad he's gone and I haven't missed his lame ass for a single second.

my thoughts exactly.

I only wish they would have sent Buffer packing too...

Anik is knowledgeable about the sport but for me it will always be Rogan goldie. They worked well for the most part together and they would hype the fights which got ppl excited. Everytime I think of it, I feel like it's nostalgic I mean Goldie was there for so long

whats the story with that tweet?

Goldie is a super nice dude wonder what got him heated
He basically f-ed up so bad at his NFL gig that the internet was all over him. He didnt take it so well

It's called bigger picture small minded one.

so again they fired golded to hope that 2 years later disney would want to get into the mma market.

please he was a cost cutting move. im more shocked they not cut bait with rogan 2 since he only works like 8 events a year and makes a shit ton of money.

Back