Was Replacing Goldie with Anik necessary for the UFC to procure the ESPN deal?

West Linn

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Now that UFC is on ESPN, one has to wonder, was getting rid of Goldie a calculated move by WME to present a more professional image? Were Goldie's days limited ever since ownership changed hands? As much as I love Goldie, it's hard for me to imagine him doing commentary on a platform like ESPN. We all remember what happened on his first NFL gig.

mike-goldberg-tweet.0.jpg

Is Anik a more valuable commodity to the UFC than we had previously imagined?

bW10pZT.gif

On the eve of UFC's debut on the ESPN platform, we pay tribute to a fallen warrior. We still miss you.

z2J89zC.gif

Have you seen some of the hosts on ESPN? Goldie is a steup above.

I liked Goldie... him and Rogan were a great team. Rogan is very knowledgeable about MMA, and Goldie was good to support Rogan/be comic relief at times. I don't mind Anik, but for the longest time Rogan/Goldie were the voices of the UFC so it was a bit of an adjustment.

Don't know. I'm just glad he's gone and I haven't missed his lame ass for a single second.

whats the story with that tweet?

Goldie is a super nice dude wonder what got him heated

Anik does a good job. He's a pro. I think he was mostly responsible for getting fighters to record their names so they pronounce it right.

What happened to Goldberg is what happens to a lot of people in businesses. They had to cut costs. He was probably well taken care of by Zuffa.

but what i have been curious was to where the hell did Anik come from? I really thought he must have been related to someone from wme or fox.

He isn't worse than Michael "needs subtitles" Bisping. They put him on ESPN.

No but it was necessary in general

How so many of you miss a guy who didn't even know half the fighter's names in beyond me

Anik is boring but he's wayyyyyy better

I'm all for funny commentators but be funny and know what you're talking about. Like Bas. Not funny because of how stupid you are

but what i have been curious was to where the hell did Anik come from? I really thought he must have been related to someone from wme or fox.

Anik was with UFC under the Lorenzo era

What happened to Goldberg is what happens to a lot of people in businesses. They had to cut costs. He was probably well taken care of by Zuffa.

What do you mean?
a severance package?

He actually started out on the ESPN MMA show, MMA Live.

Goldie is Goldie but Anik/Rogan is the best commentary team in the history of combat sports. Throw in DC for the Trifecta.

Back