Was prime Teddy Atlas the best boxing commentator ever?

Teddy is still the best today... His work on the Olympics this year was fantastic

Teddy is good and one of the best to listen to.

Al Bernstein is currently my favorite commentator. I don't always agree with his analysis, but it's always relevant and backed up.

Prime Teddy Atlas thread :icon_lol: never crossed my mind.

Does seem like a chap ass of late.

Yes.
It's all about Malignaggi now.

I have bigger penis than you TS.

Bernstein and Farhood are probably my two favorite boxing commentators.

I use to like how he told it how it was,but nor it's gotten to the point where it's just kind of a downer to listen to him.

all i know is that lampley and lederman are terrible.

Teddy Atlas? GOAT commentator? Maybe the GOAT on fight night.

Teddy is still the best today... His work on the Olympics this year was fantastic

Agreed.
He's so relaxed and didactic. Not overly judgmental, but very blunt all the same.

Typical Atlas, doing his best to belittle a great fighters' achievements. He said similar things about Manny. And how many times have we heard "he's fighting in spots", "not fighting at the right distance", etc. in his commentary? The question I have : is he more over-rated as a trainer or as a commentator? He comes across as bitter, and that's perhaps understandable--he never made it as a top trainer (Moorer? Grant?), and he got passed over in favor of Max K. for the HBO job.

And how many times have we heard "he's fighting in spots", "not fighting at the right distance", etc. in his commentary? The question I have : is he more over-rated as a trainer or as a commentator? .

Don't know.
Neither.

Don't know.
Neither.

You dont know much, do you. Do you remember the Grant fight? What was bullshit was at the post fight interview when LeDoux at least tried to give Grant the slightest possible smidgen of positive input on which to salvage something from the night to build on and Fucking Atlas felt he had to cut him off and shoot even that little concession down. It was painful watching Grant taking crap from Teddy Atlas. The impression that Teddy left is that he only knows how to train through berating his fighters.

Back