Was Matt Brown really the "underdog"?

you see the UFC tells people Silva is a high level guy despite never beating anyone who is considered high level

and because he's Brazilian MMA fans will believe it

He had both DHK and Browne in serious trouble and took a round against Fitch. He is a high level guy, just not a top 10 fighter yet.

Erick Silva is wayyyyyyyy overrated... especially on sherdog..
To this point who has he beat ? He came short against each quality opponent he faced in the UFC this far
I thought Brown would beat him

He absolutely is. I wish I had bookmarked some threads like I normally do but sooooo many arrogant idiots had to eat crow last night.

Let's remember that despite anything haters want to throw at him... Matt Brown has now joined the ranks of the following fighters... the only ones to ever string together 7 or more consecutive wins in the octagon:

Anderson Silva 16
Georges St. Pierre 12
Jon Jones 11
Royce Gracie 11
Junior dos Santos 9
Gray Maynard 8
Lyoto Machida 8
Jon Fitch 8
Chuck Liddell 7, 7
Renan Barao 7
Matt Brown 7
Chris Weidman 7
Ben Henderson 7
Jim Miller 7
Cain Velasquez 7
George Sotiropoulos 7
Thiago Alves 7
Rich Franklin 7
Randy Couture 7
Pat Miletich 7

Of course the level of competition DOES matter, but stringing 7 wins together in the Octagon has only been done by those guys. Even Aldo only has 6 in a row, as does Hughes, Hendricks, Gustafsson, Ortiz etc....

Pretty damn impressive if you ask me.

Sauce http://www.fightmatrix.com/ufc-records/consecutive-wins/

In my eyes the fight was close to even odds, but yes, he was technically the underdog

No he was never the underdog. The line was just skewed by idiots

You'll probably see the same thing with Rhonda vs Cyborg even tho anyone with a brain knows that Cyborg would crush her

The line was not 'skewed by idiots.' Erick Silva opened at -170 and closed at like -180. Too many people on sherdog have no idea how sports betting works and talk about it as if they're professional gamblers.

Back