Was it me or was that reporter that interviewed Dana reponsible for the cut?

My guess would be:

Zuffa reaches out to several media outlets asking who wants to break this news (because its publicly controversial, not limited controversy that things like cutting okami would bring) and this new outlet chose to get the "scoop". Then the Q&A portion is more or less already written and approved by both sides, and thus we got lead in footage/comments about "the state of the UFC" in regards to its public image when it comes to such occurrences as the "Paul Harris situation."

It's 1.08 seconds not 1.8 and if the rule of thumb for human reaction is 0.25 seconds (Deadliest Warrior anyone?) then Paulie held on for 0.83 seconds too long. Also, that prying you are talking about doesn't do a thing if Paulie doesn't want it to.

He obviously held on longer then he should have, but I don't think it's as bad as the people on this forum are making it out to be.

.25 seconds reaction time is only if you're talking about RAW reactions responding to a single stimulus (ie those online reaction tests when you click a mouse). This doesn't include competing in a loud arena and paying attention in the middle of a fight.

Regardless the rules state that only a ref may intervene, and on top of that Paul Harris has already been chastised by Dana for ending a fight too early because he thought the ref was going to halt the fight. Now he waits until the ref actually stops the fight and he gets cut.

It seemed long because of the brutality of the submission, but we see lapses in judgement ALL THE TIME after the bell, KOs, subs etc.

People keep saying "apples to oranges" but this is really apples to apples, it's a post finish/tap etc. attack but perfectly acceptable within the margin of error we've given fighters in the past. The difference is that Paul Harris happens to specialize in leg locks, and is one of the few fighters to do so.

If the brutality of the move is the issue then ban it, but don't have a double standard for all fighters who do something 1 second after a finish or tap.

Back