Was in a scandinavian bar by accident last night

Cole train

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Had a bar tour last night

"the ghetto bar"

We walk in and the atmosphere is tense to say lightly.We got gang members in one corner, some ex prisoner looking guys in one corner, finnish gypsies in one corner and construction workers in the last corner,more adidas here than in a thrift store

.We take a seat at the bar and realize immediatly that things will go off at some point,especially when a guy from ex prisoner corner proclaims loudly that he was in prison for killing a gypsy also some guy asks me for drugs but i have none so i say no.We are forced to leave the bar because my friend has to visit parents today and cant afford to be in a group fight, personally i would have wanted to stay and help construction workers.Bouncer and bartender in this place looked harder than omon in russia

During our trip to city center we hear german tourists wondering how can people live in a place that pretty much has no light 8 months a year.We then force them to listen our pop songs for the duration of train ride to welcome them here.

Random pic of the ghetto bar,its next to the grocery store with the bars on windows on its right side (old pic)

igFnxgR.jpg

"the civilized bar"

We randomly enter bar in the center and oh boy.

Great, scandinavians everywhere just the people i want to be around, i suggest leaving the place but friend wants to have one drink so we enter this moshpit of hipster beards and high pitched voices.We take a seat in the corner not bothering anyone and start talking random stuff. Suddenly some random scandi guy comes up and starts asking me for drugs in english while touching me on the shoulder, i start to think about bad things thanks to the body contact and breaching of personal space and tell him to get away from us asap, he leaves us and we leave the bar before we get bothered more and things get interesting.

for some reason a lot of women stared at us,probably thinking how these adidas wearing poor guys got in.

The rock bar

Clay guida clones everywhere and weirdly they all seem to bounce the same way as guida when walking,end up getting shit faced here,some guy asks me if im a pro boxer, i say no, he says ok and then asks me for drugs,watch a video of the bouncers of this bar muay thai kneeing someone in the head back in the day on youtube with this guy then head back in.In the morning buy a lottery ticket because i went 3 out of 3 for bars and drug questions (i always win in lottery when this happens)

and i just realized the song we played for germans on loop would never come out in a western country

The words in chorus literally go

you are too far from the stove
we havent agreed on that
hey love
bring me my beer back

was one of our most popular pop songs of that year

Last edited:
What country were you in? If you're from Finland, wouldn't any bar you go into be a "Scandinavian" bar?

man that first photo looks depressing as fuck.

Guarantee I couldn't pronounce any of the beer list aaaaaaand everything was sticky. I'm judging that based on the photo.

We are not scandinavian bro

Common mistake
I don't know if it's really right, but over here when we refer to "Scandinavian" or "Nordic" countries, We mean pretty much any of those countries Vikings came from. So Sweden, Finland, Denmark, Norway and Scandavia. I might be missing some.

I don't know if it's really right, but over here when we refer to "Scandinavian" or "Nordic" countries, We mean pretty much any of those countries Vikings came from. So Sweden, Finland, Denmark, Norway and Scandavia. I might be missing some.

finland didnt have vikings either

i will explain

scandinavia is norway sweden denmark, scandinavia is more about language these 3 countries all speak their own variation of swedish

my country is not scandinavian but it is nordic. Nordic countries are sweden denmark norway iceland finland

nordic country is not the same as scandinavian,thats where foreigners make the mistake usually

but yeah i understand why it happens

Cool tour.

They always sell us Finland (and Sweden, Norway, etc) like 1st world countries where everything is perfect. Honestly through your stories I'm starting to think that at least some parts of Finland are a colder, whiter and taller version of some parts of Buenos Aires.

BTW... I'm impressed by the drug thing. Does police also register you and ask you if you sell drugs?

Had a bar tour last night

"the ghetto bar"

We walk in and the atmosphere is tense to say lightly.We got gang members in one corner, some ex prisoner looking guys in one corner, finnish gypsies in one corner and construction workers in the last corner,more adidas here than in a thrift store

.We take a seat at the bar and realize immediatly that things will go off at some point,especially when a guy from ex prisoner corner proclaims loudly that he was in prison for killing a gypsy also some guy asks me for drugs but i have none so i say no.We are forced to leave the bar because my friend has to visit parents today and cant afford to be in a group fight, personally i would have wanted to stay and help construction workers.Bouncer and bartender in this place looked harder than omon in russia

During our trip to city center we hear german tourists wondering how can people live in a place that pretty much has no light 8 months a year.We then force them to listen our pop songs for the duration of train ride to welcome them here.

Random pic of the ghetto bar,its next to the grocery store with the bars on windows on its right side

igFnxgR.jpg

"the civilized bar"

Great, scandinavians everywhere just the people i want to be around, i suggest leaving the place but friend wants to have one drink so we enter this moshpit of hipster beards and high pitched voices.We take a seat in the corner not bothering anyone and start talking random stuff. Suddenly some random scandi guy comes up and starts asking me for drugs in english while touching me on the shoulder, i start to think about bad things thanks to the body contact and breaching of personal space and tell him to get away from us asap, he leaves us and we leave the bar before we get bothered more and things get interesting.

for some reason a lot of women stared at us,probably thinking how these adidas wearing poor guys got in.

The rock bar

Clay guida clones everywhere and weirdly they all seem to bounce the same way as guida when walking,end up getting shit faced here,some guy asks me if im a pro boxer, i say no, he says ok and then asks me for drugs,watch a video of the bouncers of this bar muay thai kneeing someone in the head back in the day on youtube with this guy then head back in.In the morning buy a lottery ticket because i went 3 out of 3 for bars and drug questions (i always win in lottery when this happens)

and i just realized the song we played for germans on loop would never come out in a western country

The words in chorus literally go

you are too far from the stove
we havent agreed on that
hey love
bring me my beer back

was one of our most popular pop songs of that year

Why do Scandinavians vacation in Finland anyway? Or were they there for work?

Cool tour.

They always sell us Finland (and Sweden, Norway, etc) like 1st world countries where everything is perfect. Honestly through your stories I'm starting to think that at least some parts of Finland are a colder, whiter and taller version of some parts of Buenos Aires.

BTW... I'm impressed by the drug thing. Does police also register you and ask you if you sell drugs?

Im marked in police database as a "connections to drugs" which happens when you get caught with drugs so if they stop you and check your info then they likely search you.

Why do Scandinavians vacation in Finland anyway? Or were they there for work?

west side of the country has swedish as second language and a lot of them work here

(eastern side speaks russian as second)

yellow area, swedish is number 2 language, red area means russian is number 2 language

pR5FiOf.gif

"the civilized bar"

Great, scandinavians everywhere just the people i want to be around, i suggest leaving the place but friend wants to have one drink so we enter this moshpit of hipster beards and high pitched voices.

source.gif

JK. I did chuckle at the thought of you with a limp-wristed Swedish hipsters soft hand on your shoulder though.

And lost it at bar full of bouncing Guida clones :D Were they Finns?

Back