Was Holm or Ronda's knockout more devastating?

LOL white knights damage control few months too late...Ronda by far took a worse beating!! Rather get KO by a few punches than Head kicked to oblivion

Lol. Rondas unconscious was way worse than hollys unconscious!!!

Real champs don't break down when the going gets rough.
Some have and do. Real champs win titles and defend titles. You don't stop being a real champ if you don't cope well with losing.

We haven't seen Ronda fight again. We'll see.

How in the fuck did the ref let that fight on on after she was KOd on the ropes

The ref was trying to protect Holly from a loss... and ended up almost getting her killed.

People who bitch about Ronda being hyped and protected from dangerous fighters like Cyborg and given preferential treatment by her promotion should really do some research into Holly's boxing career.

Mathis was supposed to be a slow, not very technical boxer that Holly could pick apart to the glee of the home crowd. She walked through everything Holly had, stalked her, and slugged her over and over until, by the end, Holly forgot her technique completely was the one getting picked apart.

Holm's interview immediately after her loss to Anne Sophie Mathis

This is how a mature, emotionally stable person deals with a devastating loss. She's sad, her ego is badly bruised but she stood and faced the music and acknowledged her opponent. This is the type of person who has a good chance of picking herself up and coming back stronger from the loss, which Holm did. This is also the type of person who generates zero popcorn, zero interest. 1 minute in that Holm interview I got mad respect, 2 minutes in I got fucking bored. Thank god we have someone special like Rousey who deals with her loss in such an extremely opposite, immature manner. Popcorn for years. Ronda bless.

Holm's was a worse knockout, but had Herb let Holly go for another half a minute like the boxing ref did, Ronda would be ded.
I would love nothing more than to see Ronda getting beat to a pulp like Weidman/Rockhold.
Is that wrong of me?

I love "through the ropes" KOs... Dangerous though. That's how that Korean dude died... And then his mum killed herself, and then so did the ref... No more 15 round fights after that one.

I love "through the ropes" KOs... Dangerous though. That's how that Korean dude died... And then his mum killed herself, and then so did the ref... No more 15 round fights after that one.
He died because of the accumulation of shots through a grueling fight.

Holly's was worst. She got a lot of hard punches. Seems her chin is harder than Ronda's.

The ref was trying to protect Holly from a loss... and ended up almost getting her killed.

People who bitch about Ronda being hyped and protected from dangerous fighters like Cyborg and given preferential treatment by her promotion should really do some research into Holly's boxing career.

Mathis was supposed to be a slow, not very technical boxer that Holly could pick apart to the glee of the home crowd. She walked through everything Holly had, stalked her, and slugged her over and over until, by the end, Holly forgot her technique completely was the one getting picked apart.

And yet, Holly avenged that loss in an immediate rematch.

How in the fuck did the ref let that fight on on after she was KOd on the ropes
45WW0wy.gif

that guy should have never reffed another boxing fight...

\It doesnt matter which was worse. The nature of the losses were much different. Holly got caught in a toe to toe exchange in a fight she was controlling with her boxing ability

On the other hand, Ronda was outclassed n beatdown from the opening bell because she has no idea how to defend against punches.

Even in Defeat Holm showed tremendous heart and character.

He died because of the accumulation of shots through a grueling fight.

The final fall had him land backwards onto the bottom rope, and the way his head hit the mat definitely didn't help. The ropes were also slighty lower too, or maybe there were more ropes, I can't quite remember... Any which way it was a gruelling fight, and a huge tragedy both in the ring and after to the loves of everyone involved, which led to changes being made to ensure better safety in the ring.

The difference is Holm went and avenged the loss in her very next fight without looking for attention by saying she's going to kill herself, Holm has faced adversity and beat it and she truly deserves to be where she is now.

Has Rousey had the opportunity to avenge her loss yet? Nope. She is still recovering from it. All you are saying is Holly is more humble, which may be true, but that is not even what this discussion is about.

On that note, I think Holly's KO was worse.

Has Rousey had the opportunity to avenge her loss yet? Nope. She is still recovering from it. All you are saying is Holly is more humble, which may be true, but that is not even what this discussion is about.

On that note, I think Holly's KO was worse.
Of course it was worse, it should have been stopped like a minute before it actually happened, that's not just what I'm saying, I'm saying Holm can clearly handle adversity better because she didn't feel the need to be an attention whore by saying she contemplated suicide, we don't know if Ronda is even a true champion, seeing as she's seemingly crumbled emotionally since it happened and has recently delayed her return again, Holly has faced adversity, avenged the loss and now she is a true champion, we know she can handle adversity, the same cannot be said for Ronda.

Of course it was worse, it should have been stopped like a minute before it actually happened, that's not just what I'm saying, I'm saying Holm can clearly handle adversity better because she didn't feel the need to be an attention whore by saying she contemplated suicide, we don't know if Ronda is even a true champion, seeing as she's seemingly crumbled emotionally since it happened and has recently delayed her return again, Holly has faced adversity, avenged the loss and now she is a true champion, we know she can handle adversity, the same cannot be said for Ronda.

We don't know if Rousey can handle adversity yet because she hasn't had the opportunity to avenge the loss. Of course she is devastated and not taking the loss very well, under the circumstances. She was put on a pedestal and knocked down hard. When Holly lost, nobody even knew who she was compared to the popularity of Rousey. Everyone handles loss differently. Holly has already shown that she can overcome because you have facts in front of you look at. She won the rematch.

I think everyone is blowing the "suicide" comments way out of proportion. It was a fleeting thought at her lowest moment. Getting embarrassed in front of millions by a brutal beat down, followed by a even more brutal head kick KO. Calling her an "attention whore" is childish.

We don't know if Rousey can handle adversity yet because she hasn't had the opportunity to avenge the loss. Of course she is devastated and not taking the loss very well, under the circumstances. She was put on a pedestal and knocked down hard. When Holly lost, nobody even knew who she was compared to the popularity of Rousey. Everyone handles loss differently. Holly has already shown that she can overcome because you have facts in front of you look at. She won the rematch.

I think everyone is blowing the "suicide" comments way out of proportion. It was a fleeting thought at her lowest moment. Getting embarrassed in front of millions by a brutal beat down, followed by a even more brutal head kick KO. Calling her an "attention whore" is childish.
I doubt Holly went to shit in the woods for a few days and feel the urge to have baby travis'.

Back