• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Was Edmond tarverdyan that bad of a coach?

I was never impressed by his coaching.

Yelling like a dumbass and repeating the same thing that isn't working vs giving technical instructions...

The golden goose fell in his lap and for some reason bought his snake oil.
That's about how much credit I think he deserves.

If I am wrong I would love to hear a well reasoned counter

IMO he's awful, Terrible with travis browne, Ellenburger and ronda. shahbazyan doesn't seem to be improving much either.

Yes. Taverdyan was one of those guys who attaches himself like a remora to someone famous and proceeds to devour their feces for as long as possible. They start out as some kind of inexplicable moral support that the celebrity cannot do without, eventually becoming destructive enough to endanger their host.

Remember that one loser who was married to Tonya Harding? And the no-name weirdo who destroyed the second half of Diego Sanchez' career? Yeah. He's one of those.

Snake oil king of the MMA Coaching world

Even Ronda's mom warned people against training with Edmond, WHILE Ronda was still world champion. She saw through the whole bullshit

rondamom sounds like a very difficult person to deal with, but imo she’s right about edmond. ronda was a big fish in a small pond. she would have been successful anywhere, and probably would have lasted longer with a better coach.

It's a tossup between him and Fabia for bottom of the barrel.

That's very unfair. Edmond was a coach prior to meeting Ronda. He didn't seek her out or scam her, she walked into his gym and asked for his help. He's just a terrible coach. Fabia isn't a coach, he's literally just a con artist who infiltrated Diego's life through spiritual mumbo jumbo and then manipulated him into letting him control all aspects of his life.

That's very unfair. Edmond was a coach prior to meeting Ronda. He didn't seek her out or scam her, she walked into his gym and asked for his help. He's just a terrible coach. Fabia isn't a coach, he's literally just a con artist who infiltrated Diego's life through spiritual mumbo jumbo and then manipulated him into letting him control all aspects of his life.

I'm sorry I said that, Edmond.

Them Targaryans are always hated, the Iron Throne has left a dark cloud over the world.

Not his fault his fighter didn't listen, "head movement"

The world would never have heard of him as a coach if he didn't have the good fortune of Ronda walking in to his gym.

Was he really that bad or is it because of his personality that people say he is the worse coach.
Short answer: Yes

Long answer: look at the overall records of the fighters he coached...better yet, look at Travis Brownes record before him and after he went there.

A tom in fighters started losing under his tutelage.

His name is like from game of thrones.
And I would put him on last season so.

Yes, if you are just there to tell your cash cow how great she is instead of telling her she is not even throwing a jab correctly, you suck.

She was very upset that she left gokor and went with edmond.

Manny was the reason why ronda went to edmond tarverdyan.

Lol I remember everyone calling him retarverdyan.

Edmen shahbazyan was his first fighter who was trained from day 1.
Retaverdyan lmao
I'm thankful to edmond I've made a lot of money betteing against Edmen every time he stepped up in competition.

He isn't suitable to be a MMA coach. He is a regional kickboxer. I don't know why he is teaching boxing.

Agree. Edmund isn’t a fraud, he’s just not anything close to an elite coach. Ronda’s striking did improve under Edmund, but he’s not capable of coaching someone to elite status who wasn’t already elite in some way.

I was never impressed by his coaching.

Yelling like a dumbass and repeating the same thing that isn't working vs giving technical instructions...

The golden goose fell in his lap and for some reason bought his snake oil.
That's about how much credit I think he deserves.

If I am wrong I would love to hear a well reasoned counter
Great job champ

Back