Was Bono pretentious here or was he a cool badass?

Was Bono pretentious here or was he a cool badass?

• Total voters
Not as bad as when he talked shit to my main man Phil Collins.

When did that happen? I always thought that Phil Collins was a chill person. Obviously, I've never met Collins but I've heard his work.

Bono better be careful that Michael Tyson doesn't decapitate him. In The Hangover, Tyson said that he's a huge fan of Phil Collins.

When did that happen? I always thought that Phil Collins was a chill person. Obviously, I've never met Collins but I've heard his work.

Bono better be careful that Michael Tyson doesn't decapitate him. In The Hangover, Tyson said that he's a huge fan of Phil Collins.

Oh it wasn't all that bad. He was just a dick on a video call when Phil Collins presented him with an award.

As a guitar player, I thought the Edge (LOL) had a good, if monotonous, sound.

It was one of those bands that everybody but me seemed to like.
Same with Bruce Springsteen.
THE EDGE!

gobshite

Oh it wasn't all that bad. He was just a dick on a video call when Phil Collins presented him with an award.

Eh, there's a long line of Rock stars who've been dicks to Collins, its kinda a right of passage at this point. Noel Gallagher comes immediately to mind. I think its because Collins went full on adult contemporary on the 80s and blew off the UK to move to Switzerland for tax reasons, although any UK posters who can either add insight or correct me can feel free to do so.

As far as U2, i've always loved them. I voted badass, but think Bono is neither. Politics have been a part of U2s music since at least War, which came out in 83'. That being said they're at there best when tapping into themes of spirituality or love. Great band.

Eh, there's a long line of Rock stars who've been dicks to Collins, its kinda a right of passage. Noel Gallagher comes immediately to mind. I think its because Collins went full on adult contemporary on the 80s and blew of the UK to move to Switzerland for tax reasons, although any UK posters who can either add insight or correct me can feel free to do so.

As far as U2, i've always loved them. I voted badass, but think Bono is neither. Politics have been a part of U2s music since at least War, which came out in 83'. That being said there at there best when tapping into themes of spirituality or love. Great band.

Noel Gallagher is one of the biggest jerks in the business. Was an ass to INXS as well.

Collins is a legend and one of the greatest all-around talents in music history.

Huh, Bono was the only one who was sort of nice in that clip. The Edge and Adam were pretty rude and drunk (btw, who the frick is Adam Clayton to talk shite to Phil Collins? The least talented guy in the band, though he did bang prime Naomi Campbell, so there is that). Probably Larry Mullen was hiding out in a closet out of fear of having his drumming compared to Phil's.

Noel Gallagher is one of the biggest jerks in the business. Was an ass to INXS as well.

Collins is a legend and one of the greatest all-around talents in music history.

You'll get no disagreement with me on the bolded. I grew up on his solo shit. And Noel gets a pass from me because the guy was such a wonderful songwriter.

blew off the UK to move to Switzerland for tax reasons, although any UK posters who can either add insight or correct me can feel free to do so.
It'd be an awfully long & distinguished list of artists to catch shit over that

THE EDGE!

gobshite
Aw, I don’t know about that. I mean, he’s not in my Top 10 list of guitarists (or Top 30), but he’s alright. Uses simple melodies and effects nicely to create an atmosphere in a track. I don’t recall a lot of other guitarists in the ‘80s and ‘90s sounding like that. You pretty much know it’s The Edge when you hear it.

Aw, I don’t know about that. I mean, he’s not in my Top 10 list of guitarists (or Top 30), but he’s alright. Uses simple melodies and effects nicely to create an atmosphere in a track. I don’t recall a lot of other guitarists in the ‘80s and ‘90s sounding like that. You pretty much know it’s The Edge when you hear it.
Only way I'd be able to distinguish THE EDGE! from anyone else is because Boner is dribbling pretentious shit over it

I actually don't have that much of an opinion, just kidding, U2 do not exist in my realm

Only way I'd be able to distinguish THE EDGE! from anyone else is because Boner is dribbling pretentious shit over it

I actually don't have that much of an opinion, just kidding, U2 do not exist in my realm
I’m not a huge fan, but like you, I like a lot of different music. I think U2 is a good band overall, at least in their “heyday.” The Joshua Tree, Rattle and Hum, and Achtung Baby are all really good records.

I’m not a huge fan, but like you, I like a lot of different music. I think U2 is a good band overall, at least in their “heyday.” The Joshua Tree, Rattle and Hum, and Achtung Baby are all really good records.
Yeah I genuinely have nothing against them, it's just not my thing, always thought of them as pop music more than anything substantial

Like I said earlier I never liked U2, but the song numb wasn't bad.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back