Was Bono pretentious here or was he a cool badass?

Was Bono pretentious here or was he a cool badass?

• Total voters

Takes_Two_To_Tango

Formally known as MXZT
Platinum Member
Reaction score
I thought he displayed a very suave cool badass demeanour. Specifically at 1:24.

He was both. South Park explained it

Bono in Ireland

“Every time I snap me fingers, a child in Africa dies”

*snap* *snap* *snap*

Irish audience:

“Quit snappin yer fingers!!!”

Last edited:
Not as bad as when he talked shit to my main man Phil Collins.

To me he came off like a bit of a dick, but he did a lot of good charity work and like I tell people who judge other they never met..
“ If he or she was your neighbor, you’d probably be having dinner with them”

Fuck anyone who uses the word “Juxtaposition”

well he was smoking, so that makes him a douche

I've always been a bit torn on this issue: yes, he comes off as a bit of a cunt in that video (though he might be intentionally hamming it up) and on other occasions as well.

However, dude was also a talented lyricist and a singer who could inject real feeling into a song. He's a shadow of that person now, though.

British people seem to really hate him for some reason.

I never saw the appeal of U2. I grew up watching MTV when they actually played music videos and I was always into bands like Guns N' Roses, AC/DC, Motley Crue and other Headbangers Ball kind of bands. I could get into stuff like INXS, Tom Petty, Dire Straights, Taking Heads etc... But for some reason U2 was just one of those bands that bugged me. Same with R.E.M. and The Cure.

Same here, regardless of talent, fuck him and the twat in the hat
As a guitar player, I thought the Edge (LOL) had a good, if monotonous, sound.

It was one of those bands that everybody but me seemed to like.
Same with Bruce Springsteen.

I've always been a bit torn on this issue: yes, he comes off as a bit of a cunt in that video (though he might be intentionally hamming it up) and on other occasions as well.

However, dude was also a talented lyricist and a singer who could inject real feeling into a song. He's a shadow of that person now, though.

British people seem to really hate him for some reason.

he’s a sanctimonious twat, and we don’t like sanctimonious twats very much here.

Back