Was a COVID outbreak covered up at Brunson vs. Shahbazyan? At least five fighters pulled from event.

Not A Real Fan

Deep State Agent assigned to monitor Sherdog
Banned
Reaction score
Timur Aliev and Ray Borg were removed from this event on Friday for "undisclosed reasons."

Trevin Giles "faints" right before his fight.

Eric Spicely claimed his head hurt. Spicely's replacement was pulled for no given reason.

They acknowledge Gerald Meerschaert tested positive so as to not appear suspicious since chances are at least one fighter should test positive.

There is talk that baseball will be cancelled after their truncated season just started because of all the positive COVID tests. If word gets out that five fighters test positive in the span of 24 hours at a UFC event, Nevada may just shut them down. This would be a bad time since there will be five events this month at the APEX not counting Dana White Contender Series events.

Yeah and Cruz kept talking about the safety and wearing masks etc during prelims and again right as the main card started. 100% covering it up.

It was great while it lasted I guess.

Yeah and Cruz kept talking about the safety and wearing masks etc during prelims and again right as the main card started. 100% covering it up.

The fact that most fighters are scraping by economically makes them vulnerable to help the coverup.

"You look like you're gonna faint there, don't you think?"

Dana-White-Money.jpg

Timur Aliev and Ray Borg were removed from this event on Friday for "undisclosed reasons."

Trevin Giles "faints" right before his fight.

Eric Spicely claimed his head hurt. Spicely's replacement was pulled for no given reason.

They acknowledge Gerald Meerschaert tested positive so as to not appear suspicious since chances are at least one fighter should test positive.

There is talk that baseball will be cancelled after their truncated season just started because of all the positive COVID tests. If word gets out that five fighters test positive in the span of 24 hours at a UFC event, Nevada may just shut them down. This would be a bad time since there will be five events this month at the APEX not counting Dana White Contender Series events.
Baseball had a lot of COVID positives?

Hahaha NHL had none heading into the bubble and has started up today

Baseball had a lot of COVID positives?

Hahaha NHL had none heading into the bubble and has started up today

Major League Baseball commissioner Rob Manfred told MLB Players Association executive director Tony Clark on Friday that if the sport doesn't do a better job of managing the coronavirus, it could shut down for the season, sources familiar with the conversation told ESPN.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id...wn-players-do-better-job-managing-coronavirus

its only a matter of time

combat sports can be more regulated at least but leagues like NBA, NFL, MLB etc wont last long IMO

Lol I was thinking the same thing, especially since America decided to ignore the virus and just open everything up, they come back to the states and a good chunk of the fights get scrapped...

its only a matter of time

combat sports can be more regulated at least but leagues like NBA, NFL, MLB etc wont last long IMO
NBA with their strict bubble seems to be doing the best so far. Similar approach to NHL.

Lol I was thinking the same thing, especially since America decided to ignore the virus and just open everything up, they come back to the states and a good chunk of the fights get scrapped...

They never gave a reason why Borg and Aliev were pulled from their fights. That made me a bit suspicious. But when they announced right before the main card that Giles fainted I felt something was up.

Since when is passing out a symptom of Covid? Lol.

Well the age of Aquarius is suppose to be it for us, and were now in it.

Valiev was removed for Visa issues, he's Russian

Borg was removed for ???

Spicely was removed because he was taking antidepressants after the beating that Deron Winn inflicted on him

GM3 did have COVID

Giles passed out because "nerves" but the guy's a police officer so no, I don't think that's the case

JoJo passed out after her loss

Maybe it's because it's August in Las Vegas, and fighters are dehydrated and the facility isn't as climate controlled as it should be?

Or maybe there is something going on...hmm

Back