Was a COVID outbreak covered up at Brunson vs. Shahbazyan? At least five fighters pulled from event.

Timur Aliev and Ray Borg were removed from this event on Friday for "undisclosed reasons."

Trevin Giles "faints" right before his fight.

Eric Spicely claimed his head hurt. Spicely's replacement was pulled for no given reason.

They acknowledge Gerald Meerschaert tested positive so as to not appear suspicious since chances are at least one fighter should test positive.

There is talk that baseball will be cancelled after their truncated season just started because of all the positive COVID tests. If word gets out that five fighters test positive in the span of 24 hours at a UFC event, Nevada may just shut them down. This would be a bad time since there will be five events this month at the APEX not counting Dana White Contender Series events.

Imagine if Shahbazyan tests positive in the coming days. His gas tank was pretty average, but I just took that as a 22 year old kid getting handled in the wrestling by a veteran fighter with a great game plan.

I want my fucking money back for JoJo if that's the case. If she lost that's chill, but if she had covid it should have been cancelled.

Timur Aliev and Ray Borg were removed from this event on Friday for "undisclosed reasons."

Trevin Giles "faints" right before his fight.

Eric Spicely claimed his head hurt. Spicely's replacement was pulled for no given reason.

They acknowledge Gerald Meerschaert tested positive so as to not appear suspicious since chances are at least one fighter should test positive.

There is talk that baseball will be cancelled after their truncated season just started because of all the positive COVID tests. If word gets out that five fighters test positive in the span of 24 hours at a UFC event, Nevada may just shut them down. This would be a bad time since there will be five events this month at the APEX not counting Dana White Contender Series events.
Russian media reported that Valiev had issues with visa. He said to them that (some) petition didn't arrived in time.

If fighters are getting tested and failing they already had it and not letting them compete or even enter the complex stops other people catching it from them.
Not sure what’s wrong with that procedure and therefore why should it be stopped ?

If fighters are getting tested and failing they already had it and not letting them compete or even enter the complex stops other people catching it from them.
Not sure what’s wrong with that procedure and therefore why should it be stopped ?

Nothing is wrong but it looks bad. One or two fighters testing positive in the 24 hours leading up to an event is one thing. Five or six or more might provoke the athletic commission to step in.

NBA with their strict bubble seems to be doing the best so far. Similar approach to NHL.
They have had a few idiots who are jeopardizing the season. This is millions for the average player and much more for,league. I’d think the players in the bubble,would demand those not abiding are done for the year and perhaps, owners would want to consider their dedication come contract time.

It actually is on the sever side.

Comedian DL Hughley COVID-19 positive after fainting onstage

I was hoping for a zombie apocalypse but at the end of times all I got was corona :(

Hmm, fair enough, let's hope not.

I thought with all the testing they were doing, that it should be unlikely. For whatever it's worth, I have a friend who's a trucker and was just in Vegas, and he told me it's about 120F there and unbearable.

I was hoping for a zombie apocalypse but at the end of times all I got was corona :(
True but he was A symptomatic and probably passed out due to his working/resting habits.

“it happened once”

According to a Swiss study, the IFR (infected fatality rate; the chance that if you contract COVID that you die) for people 20-49 is 0.0092%

no wonder- Rondas rookie got the 'rona.

“it happened once”

If it happened once it could happen again.

No but seriously, it is. One of the U of O (ducks)student was tested because she fainted and she tested positive.

Thats when we got locked down.

They have had a few idiots who are jeopardizing the season. This is millions for the average player and much more for,league. I’d think the players in the bubble,would demand those not abiding are done for the year and perhaps, owners would want to consider their dedication come contract time.

COVID-wise what would jeopardize the UFC (at least in Nevada)? I really think 5 to 6 fighters getting COVID at one event like I suspect happened last night. It could possibly break into mainstream sports news.

Back