Media Warning to UFC Fighters Considering Bare Knuckle Combat

Do you like watching bare-knuckle fighting?

• Total voters
This will never take off, for many people even MMA is too brutal this shit takes it to another level.

Bareknuckle is a quick fad its not going to last long its too brutal the punchers are very painful and can cause very bad bone damage to the face and hands

Not really, It causes more damage to the hands and lacerations to the head, but less broken bones in the head and less concussions due to not being able to strike as hard.

Dude has a Bjj black belt, no? Why is he fucking boxing?
I don't know what this promotion in particular pays but the one we had in the UK was paying fighters 50-60K to show.

Guys Like Lytle/Guillard etc

Not sure what Kendall was making in Bellator

I don't know what this promotion in particular pays but the one we had in the UK was paying fighters 50-60K to show.

Guys Like Lytle/Guillard etc

Not sure what Kendall was making in Bellator

Damn, that seems like a lot more money than they would make in MMA.

Damn, that seems like a lot more money than they would make in MMA.
You can see why a lot of the old guys are coming out to do it, much better than 10 & 10 for some local MMA circuit

Can't say all of the promotions are paying the same but the UK guys certainly were

I watched the first two BKFC events I’m still waiting for a guy to headbutt a jab with intent to fuck the guys hands up on his forehead.

As a bareknuckle (retired) champion myself, I can tell you that it hurts really bad to get hit without any gloves.

Bareknuckle will remain underground, where it belongs.

You can see why a lot of the old guys are coming out to do it, much better than 10 & 10 for some local MMA circuit

Can't say all of the promotions are paying the same but the UK guys certainly were

Yeah, makes total sense, that's probably what they were getting in MMA when they were near their peaks. I'm pretty sure Mevlin and Lytle never made much more than 50Kish a fight not counting any bonuses.

I watched the first two BKFC events I’m still waiting for a guy to headbutt a jab with intent to fuck the guys hands up on his forehead.

Get Nick Diaz in one of those events and I bet that will change.

Is this the real fighting McGregor is always talking about? Because according to McGregor boxing isn't real and neither was Khabib's beatdown of him.

dawg you don't have no gloves on your hands, why the fuck are you putting your hands up to your cheeks as if thats going to defend a punch from snapping yo jaw?

dawg you don't have no gloves on your hands, why the fuck are you putting your hands up to your cheeks as if thats going to defend a punch from snapping yo jaw?

You can still deflect punches without gloves or with MMA gloves, mainly only hooking punches though.

of course you can, just not in the manner he tried.

Yeah, boxing style blocking doesn't work at all without boxing gloves, you got to do it more like Rampage with a shell guard or deflect strikes like Fedor and Khabib do.

Yeah, boxing style blocking doesn't work at all without boxing gloves, you got to do it more like Rampage with a shell guard or deflect strikes like Fedor and Khabib do.

exactly, im partial to the rampage style myself.

exactly, im partial to the rampage style myself.

Both are cool to watch, but I wish we would see more boxers in MMA so they can see just how different the striking is. Their offense will be much better than the average MMA fighter as will their striking cardio but their sense of distance will be wrong and they will have bad defensive striking habits that could get them in trouble.

It would be really interesting to see someone move into MMA from Boxing similar to how Cro Cop came from kickboxing to hear their opinions on how different it really is.

There's never been a boxer at that level in his prime try MMA.

It would be really interesting to see someone move into MMA from Boxing similar to how Cro Cop came from kickboxing to hear their opinions on how different it really is.

There's never been a boxer at that level in his prime try MMA.
Unless it's heavyweight, I don't think the boxer really has a chance. Once it goes to the ground, it's all over.

Unless it's heavyweight, I don't think the boxer really has a chance. Once it goes to the ground, it's all over.

That's probably true regardless of division for most but I think some boxers used to wrestle. I want to say Kermit Cintron and Manny Pacquiao have a few years of wrestling experience.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back