• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Warning: Graphic Content -- Catastrophic Leg Injury at #ACA161

cringe-eeee.gif

I’d rather a straight fracture of the bone than complete destruction of all the ligaments in my knee I think
Strictly talking gut reaction of seeing it. This one was like oh damn, that looks nasty. The 3 I mentioned just make me want to puke.

And straight fractures do tend to be easier recovery than major ligament and tissue damage, but the breaks that come thru the skin can get pretty gruesome.

I've seen two in real life, both at skateparks back in the day. Those dudes never came back.
<RomeroSalute>
I've only witnessed it once (although seen many other breaks and nasty injuries), wasn't even my bone and still put me into some weird state of shock/laser focus until medics arrived. Dude damn near lost his leg like 3 different times during recovery due to infections. The wound from a broken bone coming thru skin is just nasty, prime for infection.

I think Corey Hill probably got me worst. His was the first I saw happen mid fight, and iirc he goes to step back on that foot but all that's there is the broken stump of his shin... chills just thinking about it lol

Strictly talking gut reaction of seeing it. This one was like oh damn, that looks nasty. The 3 I mentioned just make me want to puke.

And straight fractures do tend to be easier recovery than major ligament and tissue damage, but the breaks that come thru the skin can get pretty gruesome.

It’s a brutal sport. Hopefully I never learn first hand what’s worse

It’s a brutal sport. Hopefully I never learn first hand what’s worse
Truth

I feel like I should say - I'm not trying to be like "this potential career ending injury is worse than that..." - they're all fucking brutal and I pity the guys equally. It's sad.

I'm 100% just talking about ick-factor, entirely subjective. Something about those 3 kick breaks just make me squirm.

Back