Warhammer 40k

why would khorne do that? i thought khorne would be coming for them

the fuck? i didnt think the Scorps were that big of a deal. I guess their getting special treatment?
Red Scorpions are FW's pet marine chapter. The chapter itself has actually been part of the fluff for a really long time (mid 90s at least) but at some point FW decided that they would act as one of their main focuses.

As for Khorne, he's had a soft spot for the Blood Angels for a long time. One of his Bloodthirsters had a sort of feud with Sanguinius, and is presumed to be responsible for the Red Thirst. "Khorne cares not from whence the blood flows, only that it flows." And the Blood Angels (and their successors, looking at you Flesh Tearers) are really good at that, plus the Black Rage tends to make them go berserk which Khorne is a big fan of.

Comparison picture that really gives a good sense of how honkin' huge the new dudes are:
RIZjQrd.jpg

Primaris are the new paradigm. In a decade squat Marines will be phased out.

They're getting a new dreadnought

The new dread has a beer belly. Guy needs to go work out.
redemptordread.jpg

Is it an extra attack or is it double attacks? because I think I saw a profile with Rapide Fire 2.
Just double checked one of the leaks and it is x2 at half, not just +1.

I've got an update on my Imperial Knight project. I've finished all my prototyping and am waiting to hear back from a proffesional 3D printing company to see how much getting a master printed would cost (unfortunately, after a lot of effort I've determined my 3D printer isn't capable of printing something of high enough quality that I'd be happy with casting the results).

Here's some pics. Apologies for the low quality, only camera I've got access to right now is a potato.
small_Front2.JPG
small_Front1.JPG small_Rear1.JPG small_Rear2.JPG small_Side.JPG small_ThreeQuarter.JPG small_Top.JPG
So those are the finalized designs for the parts but the quality of the prints is still fairly rough and it's being held together by blutack so it's a little droopy on the left shoulder pad and shield.

Anyways: thoughts? Do you think it's good enough of a design that I could sell casts if I do get professional masters made? How much do you think would be a reasonable price? I'm thinking $40 would be about right for something that replaces almost every single armor panel and is a direct fit replacement (no modifications needed, they just slip right on where the old parts went). FW charges a £35 premium on it's mechanicum knights which is ~$45 and have a similar amount of replacement pieces as my design.

Last edited:
Red Scorpions are FW's pet marine chapter. The chapter itself has actually been part of the fluff for a really long time (mid 90s at least) but at some point FW decided that they would act as one of their main focuses.

As for Khorne, he's had a soft spot for the Blood Angels for a long time. One of his Bloodthirsters had a sort of feud with Sanguinius, and is presumed to be responsible for the Red Thirst. "Khorne cares not from whence the blood flows, only that it flows." And the Blood Angels (and their successors, looking at you Flesh Tearers) are really good at that, plus the Black Rage tends to make them go berserk which Khorne is a big fan of.
Yeah hes thinking long term
Blood angels and sucessors could all turn and be his servants..the red rage means many are on that edge
Tyranids not so much
Also seems to be guilliman and his crusade force helped too

Lorewise Im wanting to see girlyman interact with deathwatch or even cawl with all the captured xenos tech/doomsdayweapons/relics/bio info/ lore and even living things captured.
I mean the lore says among sooo much cool shit they have a captured crown that disrupts tyranid coms!! Surely cawl and guilliman should have a once over at that!

Or have either of them see even just look at some of the hot top flight human weaponry /relic and golden age tech they have!

The mentors seemlike another chapter guilliman would enjoy taking a hard look at...in many ways they are mini hims!

Last edited:
anyone play silver tower? I have a game tis weekend. Looked through the heroes and may play the necromancer. Never played before.

We've got a new unboxing vid from GW. I wasn't sure I wanted to go for the starter set due to having zero interest in the Death Guard half, but looking at what you get I'm now leaning more towards picking it up. In addition to the usual models + dice + ruler (no more whippy sticks) it's got the full hardback book, mini-dex's for both factions, and nice quick reference for the core rules. I'm also really impressed with the packaging, it's got a slip cover, multiple compartments, and a separate box for the sprues.

anyone play silver tower? I have a game tis weekend. Looked through the heroes and may play the necromancer. Never played before.
I haven't played, but from what I've heard it's fun for a few run throughs but doesn't really hold up to sustained play.

SM now have a hover tank. And, as usual, xenos aren't allowed to have anything cool for themselves.
40kArmouredSoul.jpg

so did they find the STC for Grav tanks and Grav bikes?
I think the fluff is that it's something Cawl was tinkering with while working on the primaris marines. I think the design is alright (though the turret is a bit too busy) I just wish that hover tanks remained the purview of Eldar/Tau rather than the SM needing one of everything. As for grav bikes, I wouldn't be at all surprised if they showed back up as well.

An interesting piece of background is that it may be an homage to the old "deodorant tank" from White Dwarf:
1374254945533.jpg

This is an old conversion from the mid-90s where one of the GW employees detailed how to make a tank using a deodorant container as the base.

I think the fluff is that it's something Cawl was tinkering with while working on the primaris marines. I think the design is alright (though the turret is a bit too busy) I just wish that hover tanks remained the purview of Eldar/Tau rather than the SM needing one of everything. As for grav bikes, I wouldn't be at all surprised if they showed back up as well.

An interesting piece of background is that it may be an homage to the old "deodorant tank" from White Dwarf:
1374254945533.jpg

This is an old conversion from the mid-90s where one of the GW employees detailed how to make a tank using a deodorant container as the base.

CrewsPose.jpg

1374254945533.jpg

oh yes! revamped 30k weapons! i hope we see breachers

So motarion and his death guard comming back
The leaked fluff is they attack ultramar and through sheer attrition and toughness grind down defences
Guilliman comes back from.saving the blood angels and he and his crusade force of primaris marines whup ass
The two primarchs duel to a standstill
The forces of choas retreat back to a 'more important war within the rift'

So motarion and his death guard comming back
The leaked fluff is they attack ultramar and through sheer attrition and toughness grind down defences
Guilliman comes back from.saving the blood angels and he and his crusade force of primaris marines whup ass
The two primarchs duel to a standstill
The forces of choas retreat back to a 'more important war within the rift'

The book starts roughly 100 years after the Heresy - with the death of a Primarch. Guilliman vs Fulgrim, finally written down to enjoy.

• Thiel became Captain of the 2nd Company of the Ultramarines after the Heresy!
  • There are now Tetrarchs again in 40k.
  • The Sisters of Silence see Guilliman as living saint - they are glad he is back and they worship him.
  • When Guilliman spoke with the Emperor during the gathering storm he was shocked how his "father" really sees him - not as a son, but a tool. So yeah, this builds up on the MoM story line. (I actually skipped quite to the end of the novel for this one).
  • The Emperor's humanity is all but gone in 40k.
  • It seems like Rowboote isn't really a fan of the Primaris Marines - he calls them even "Cawl's blasphemous hordes".
  • He only sees them as a tool (atleast for now).
  • It's also implied that he actually is a psyker and tries not to use his potential because of Magnus' censorship.
  • He still thinks in practica and theoretica :)

https://www.reddit.com/r/40kLore/comments/6f382j/spoilers_from_the_new_novel_dark_imperium_by_guy/

also this, looks like we find out a bit more about what was going on behind the doors when girlyman talked to big E

The book starts roughly 100 years after the Heresy - with the death of a Primarch. Guilliman vs Fulgrim, finally written down to enjoy.

• Thiel became Captain of the 2nd Company of the Ultramarines after the Heresy!
  • There are now Tetrarchs again in 40k.
  • The Sisters of Silence see Guilliman as living saint - they are glad he is back and they worship him.
  • When Guilliman spoke with the Emperor during the gathering storm he was shocked how his "father" really sees him - not as a son, but a tool. So yeah, this builds up on the MoM story line. (I actually skipped quite to the end of the novel for this one).
  • The Emperor's humanity is all but gone in 40k.
  • It seems like Rowboote isn't really a fan of the Primaris Marines - he calls them even "Cawl's blasphemous hordes".
  • He only sees them as a tool (atleast for now).
  • It's also implied that he actually is a psyker and tries not to use his potential because of Magnus' censorship.
  • He still thinks in practica and theoretica :)

https://www.reddit.com/r/40kLore/comments/6f382j/spoilers_from_the_new_novel_dark_imperium_by_guy/

also this, looks like we find out a bit more about what was going on behind the doors when girlyman talked to big E
Yeah im not a fan of the retcon making big e not care about the primarchs when he clearly had favourities etc

Back