Warframe: Any other players on Sherdog?

Hey everybody, I played this game from 2014 to 2017 all the time. I stopped playing in 2017 and just picked it back up yesterday. Is there anybody on the PlayStation 4 playing? I wouldn't mind getting in with a consistent squad. There are all sorts of things that I'm still figuring out since it's been 3 years since I played last my gamertag is ROKKO

Im going to grab some names from previous posts here.

My friends play this shit non-stop. I played it in beta and thought it was ok but ultimately felt like a 3D sonic the hedgehog.

Bump. Where my tennos at?

Bump. Where my tennos at?

I'm back in pretty consistently. I play on the PS4. I don't normally mic up as I play with randoms but have no problem throwing it on. Gamer tag ROKKO.

I'm back in pretty consistently. I play on the PS4. I don't normally mic up as I play with randoms but have no problem throwing it on. Gamer tag ROKKO.

Damnit. I’m on Xbox. I’m MR14. They need to hurry up and make this shit cross platform

so supposedly, this will be cross save/play by eoy, when the next major update launches.

this makes me want to jump back in. I played for a few years at the PS4 launch and think about it frequently. I loaded it up about a year ago and it’s changed a ton and was tempted to stick around and check things out but had to much in my backlog. My kids have my hand me down xboxes, so it is tempting to jump back in being able to coop with my kids.

so i just dusted off my ps4 and loaded up warframe.

and then spent a lot of time being confused. they changed basically everything (including my controls...). i no longer have the star chart unlocked (and noticed new/different planets/locations), a bunch of polarities were swapped, i had about a bajillion messages, could barely remember how to play, and i guess they removed the "quick melee" button. shit, even the sorties/etc reset at different times now, i guess. and i didn't see any alerts for mission reward thingies, so i'm not sure if they're donezo or if i'd need to finish something to unlock them.

so i just dusted off my ps4 and loaded up warframe.

and then spent a lot of time being confused. they changed basically everything (including my controls...). i no longer have the star chart unlocked (and noticed new/different planets/locations), a bunch of polarities were swapped, i had about a bajillion messages, could barely remember how to play, and i guess they removed the "quick melee" button. shit, even the sorties/etc reset at different times now, i guess. and i didn't see any alerts for mission reward thingies, so i'm not sure if they're donezo or if i'd need to finish something to unlock them.
Need to log on myself and walk about the Orbiter, check it out; haven't played in a long time but I'm sure my Hildryn is still a force of nature (and all my plants are still alive, ha). What frame was your main?

Need to log on myself and walk about the Orbiter, check it out; haven't played in a long time but I'm sure my Hildryn is still a force of nature (and all my plants are still alive, ha). What frame was your main?

i had to look up hildryn, i had never even heard of it (added after i quit). lolz. actually looks interesting.

i didn't really have a main, i kinda rotated a ton of them depending on what i was doing. i guess i mained frost as a solo player through the starcharts and etc, but i used different frames per mission types or just fucking around. ie: frost for mobile defense sorties, mostly saryn for the cephalon's sanctuary thingy (last new thing before i quit, iirc), nekros for... actually, i used nekros by default for farming relics/etc (and therefore, materials).

aside from saryn, i rarely used frame's offensive abilities. with nekros, all i did was keep desecrate running (i did have a solo clan to supply). i generally used a syndicate primary/secondary and quick melees, regardless. maybe it's my fault they patched that out. haha.

lolz

re: posts https://forums.sherdog.com/posts/147728261/ and https://forums.sherdog.com/posts/14773336

logged in @ 10 minutes after daily reset for the sortie. (sortie 1 was spy [radiation hazards, jupiter], sortie 3 was ambulas)
set to public

i loaded in with 3 people standing outside of vault a. laughed and realized exactly what i was in for. i did vault a (also, they changed these since i had played and i never saw these spy vaults before). 10 feet out the door i get the warning message that someone got caught in vault b. they didn't hack it in time. failure.

left squad

waited a minute and tried again. someone quit before i even loaded in (saw a loading screen... followed by another loading screen (2 diff parties). loaded in. took 3 steps, host migration. lolz.

set to solo.

cleared the sortie 1, easily.

set to public.

since most of the sucks/impatient leeches (i mean, all one has to do is literally nothing, they could go afk and pass) were probably stuck on sortie 1... as expected, a more competent squad and we handled ambulas easily. i didn't even have to do the hacking and there was always someone else killing the repair drones.

<Fedor23>

and since no one asked, holy shit. the new stuff is mostly awful. plains was pretty great, but i HATED the whole operator mode bullshit. i barely fucked around with fortuna/deimos (and RIP, orokin derelict. it was my favorite tileset/location... glad i still have all these keys for no reason), but they seem fucking horrible. the quests to unlock them were aids. just going back and forth through the hellish loading times (i shoulda just waited for cross save... i guess i fucked up by trying to catch up) over and over. the content was fucking dumb. they just seemed like a giant waste of time going back and forth and waiting. the NPCs were awful. the plot was awful. the open world areas sucked and just seemed like halfassed versions of plains. why the fuck does every area need fishing and mining? wtf? venus was light blue on light blue with light blue enemies. deimos was just... a lot of red. red everywhere. fucking pro skater, really?

i'm annoyed that i had to do them in order to progress, it just seemed like a lot of wasted time and it was wholly unfun and mostly a walking simulator and waiting.

i don't have a railjack yet (and i need to do some other stupid mission to access the ropalolz. i guess i can try the arbitration (or whatever it's called) and steel path shit after that.

DE seems to have an identity crisis with this game.

kinda can't wait just to fuck around and farm dumb shit/relics in endless missions/run relics/run sanctuary/etc.

i still have like 5 quests. i'm dreading each of them. holy shit, the quests are easily the worst fucking part of this game. they suck so much. i know why railjacks/etc can be bought with plat... the p2w is real. lolz.

and i have no idea what to do with rivens, anymore.

so i farmed/ran some relics.

i have ~10 warframes in my foundry (gara p, inaros p, ivara p, nezha p, nidus p, nyx p, octavia p, rhino p, titania p... and a plain mirage [i scrapped it previously after getting mirage p, but i guess i can feed it to helminth once i actually set that up] )

thought nightwave was dumb, but realize they just scrapped the alerts and basically rolled it into this. i'm constantly locked out of them (can't do profit taker/feed helminth since i didn't level up factions, etc [all my fault, i can't blame them for not balancing shit around people who haven't played in 4 years] ) but i guess it's an easy and deterministic way to get potatoes.

apparently, i'm warframe rich. if i actually dealt with trading. have full sets of frost, banshee, ember, hydroid, mirage, nekros, volt... and most with doubles (i think i have 5 hydroid sets and like 10 banshees). and that's not getting into the weapons/rivens. trading on the ps4 seems even worse now than before.

it's ironic, i came back just to prepare for cross play so i can play on pc, but i've been playing on ps4, which is what i was trying to avoid. meh.

and i did the railjack quest (only quest i did since the last post? holy shit, the quests SUCK. they should just seriously remove them. they're aids. this was literally just 5 fetch quests with hour long delays. wtf?). i figured it would at least end with a railjack mission of some sort. ffs. i guess i can't make a bunch of new weapons without getting resources from these, so i guess at some point i'll be compelled to run them. unless i quit again prior to that.

ran some arbitrations, don't really get the point of the vitus essences - i already bought all the galvanized mods. so there's little reason to run these. they need a better sink.

for further irony, i cleared the star chart to start steel path, only to realize i'd just be soloing through the starchart again which doesn't seem fun at all. glad the acolytes made it into the game (permanently), i guess. i would have done it differently.

for MAXIMUM irony, the reason i even checked warframe again was because my gf wanted to play it with me. she apparently thought the destiny 2 tutorial was too hard. there's no way she's going to make it through all the wf quests solo. i encouraged her to check demos/f2p games (she's a recent convert to pc master race) before dumping money on games she 'can't' play (she bought all these switch games and barely touched them). she beats katamari but can't handle any platformers/etc with jumping. i'm gonna go insane.

Last edited:
For those who don't know, Warframe is a free-to-play, but famously NOT pay-to-win, 3D online co-op space ninja game on Steam, which was later ported to XB1, PS4, and soon the Switch. It's joked about as having the longest beta test ever, going on for 5 years (the public beta test began in March 2013 and technically never ended), with steady and regular improvements to essentially every aspect of the game, from graphics, to gameplay, to UI, to even the presentation and story. I've personally been playing for like 3-4 years, clocking in 1300 hours, and I can attest to the game only getting better with time. If you played the game 4 years ago, and thought it wasn't worth your time, I can basically guarantee that you would think it's awesome now. Even reviews for the game have to give a date stamp, as reviewers know that the game basically is wildly different, year after year.

I know free-to-play has a huge stigma, but this game is truly free. Anything you can get using your own money, you can also get if you just grind out long enough. Even the things that technically can only be acquired by using the in-game currency (platinum) can still be acquired by trading items among other players to get that platinum. This game is used as the gold standard on how free-to-play should be handled. The developer, Digital Extremes, is also VERY in tune with their player community, with weekly dev streams and personally answering questions on the forums and actually taking and implementing player feedback.

Plus, the game is damn fun. Side note: It's great for dads, as missions can generally end in 5-15 minutes, with no need to set up squads ahead of time because of the great automatic matchmaking. You can easily jump into a couple of games and go back to attending to your kids, guilt-free.

Here's a pretty damn good review that perfectly illustrates all of its positives.

But for those who do know and play it, any of you excited for the upcoming Fortuna and Railjack updates?

edit: My handle on Steam, Discord, and in Warframe is "Ippy" and I'm MR25.

Interesting. I'm gonna have a look at it. Prolly won't play as my backlog is too long and I'm neglecting other games I used to play with buds but it looks good.

New War announced, launches December, and narrated by NPC Teshin, which was cool, I thought. Plot seems that Grineer, Corpus, and Tenno must unite against a new enemy.

New War announced, launches December, and narrated by NPC Teshin, which was cool, I thought. Plot seems that Grineer, Corpus, and Tenno must unite against a new enemy.

Can’t wait because I no longer have my Xbox but I should be able to merge my account onto PC.

Back