Warframe: Any other players on Sherdog?

Thai Otoshi

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
For those who don't know, Warframe is a free-to-play, but famously NOT pay-to-win, 3D online co-op space ninja game on Steam, which was later ported to XB1, PS4, and soon the Switch. It's joked about as having the longest beta test ever, going on for 5 years (the public beta test began in March 2013 and technically never ended), with steady and regular improvements to essentially every aspect of the game, from graphics, to gameplay, to UI, to even the presentation and story. I've personally been playing for like 3-4 years, clocking in 1300 hours, and I can attest to the game only getting better with time. If you played the game 4 years ago, and thought it wasn't worth your time, I can basically guarantee that you would think it's awesome now. Even reviews for the game have to give a date stamp, as reviewers know that the game basically is wildly different, year after year.

I know free-to-play has a huge stigma, but this game is truly free. Anything you can get using your own money, you can also get if you just grind out long enough. Even the things that technically can only be acquired by using the in-game currency (platinum) can still be acquired by trading items among other players to get that platinum. This game is used as the gold standard on how free-to-play should be handled. The developer, Digital Extremes, is also VERY in tune with their player community, with weekly dev streams and personally answering questions on the forums and actually taking and implementing player feedback.

Plus, the game is damn fun. Side note: It's great for dads, as missions can generally end in 5-15 minutes, with no need to set up squads ahead of time because of the great automatic matchmaking. You can easily jump into a couple of games and go back to attending to your kids, guilt-free.

Here's a pretty damn good review that perfectly illustrates all of its positives.

But for those who do know and play it, any of you excited for the upcoming Fortuna and Railjack updates?

edit: My handle on Steam, Discord, and in Warframe is "Ippy" and I'm MR25.

Last edited:
It was probably the best game I ever played for the first 2 weeks. Then got so bored out of it I can't even play more than 30mins of it. Bought some pretty cool warframes, really enjoyed Oberon Prime and just perma spam 4th skill.

I play on and off. Might appeal to Destiny players.

I like that development is still ongoing with them adding open world areas now. A sensible improvement and a necessary evolution due to mission areas all being similar corridor environments.

Its a great game with no end game content. You'll get 1-3 months out of it before moving on to another game. The only people who continue playing it i relate to those who enjoy leveling alts in World of Warcraft.

Movement, gunplay, melee and character mechanics it shits on Destiny.

Yeah, I'm MR 22 - StickyEntree

Last edited:
Its a great game with no end game content. You'll get 1-3 months out of it before moving on to another game. The only people who continue playing it i relate to those who enjoy leveling alts in World of Warcraft.

Movement, gunplay, melee and character mechanics it shits on Destiny.
I'm not gonna lie.

It's not for everyone.

I don't mind the grind, and what most of us long time players do is get bored every few months, take a long hiatus, then return again, take in the new content for several months, get bored again, take a long hiatus again. Rinse and repeat.

Yeah, I'm MR 22 - StickeyEntree
Added. I'm MR24. Mocrates.

I'm a dad and it's perfect for me.

@Mocrates @Torrid , you guys got the new Chroma Prime?

MR14 Hiterally_Litler
Yeah I got him.

He's just mastery fodder for me. I'm more of a caster frame guy (51% of my play time was as Mesa). I'm not big on tanks or buffs, and he's both lol.

Last edited:
Yeah I got him.

He's just mastery fodder for me. I'm more of a caster frame guy (51% of my play time was as Mesa). I'm not big on tanks or buffs, and he's both lol.
Yeah, me too- except I enjoy a bit of tankiness. I think 75% of the time I use Nidus. I love him and Inaros - the no shield bros.

I'm a dad and it's perfect for me.

@Mocrates @Torrid , you guys got the new Chroma Prime?

MR14 Hiterally_Litler

He's cooking at the moment. Looking forward to using him during some Tridolon hunts; normally I just role Harrow because it's so easy to just press 4 at the right time hahaha. I unveiled a good Vectis riven recently though, so I want to give being the shooter a go and Chroma is made for it.

He's cooking at the moment. Looking forward to using him during some Tridolon hunts; normally I just role Harrow because it's so easy to just press 4 at the right time hahaha. I unveiled a good Vectis riven recently though, so I want to give being the shooter a go and Chroma is made for it.
Mad jelly to be honest. I never play more than 2 hrs in a day though. I usually farm with my younger bro who bribed me with a Nidus that's why I got hooked but we're both busy atm.

Mad jelly to be honest. I never play more than 2 hrs in a day though. I usually farm with my younger bro who bribed me with a Nidus that's why I got hooked but we're both busy atm.

The Nidus Phryke skin is maybe the coolest that isn't Tennogen in the game. Either that or Ash's Koga skin, imo.

I used to grind hard in this, after thousands of hours I just cannot bring my self to invest any more time in it

it's definitely p2w.

it was also a pretty fun game, when it was actually playable. the matchmaking/networking/host setup is godawful and around 2 months ago the game was just plain unplayable. uninstalled and never looked back.

How?

For starters, the game is co-op. You can literally get anything without paying a dime of your own money.

Do you even know what p2w means?

do you? because your excuse for it has nothing to do with it.

when you can buy the best gear with moneys, it's p2w. it doesn't matter if you can also get the gear by grinding/farming/trading... or if it's co-op.

do you? because your excuse for it has nothing to do with it.

when you can buy the best gear with moneys, it's p2w. it doesn't matter if you can also get the gear by grinding/farming/trading... or if it's co-op.
P2w is if you can ONLY get the best gear by paying money. If you can acquire it in-game, then by definition it is NOT pay-to-win. Because you can get the best frames, mods, weapons, etc and don't have to pay a dime.

This game is more "pay-to-grind-less"....

P2w is if you can ONLY get the best gear by paying money. If you can acquire it in-game, then by definition it is NOT pay-to-win. Because you can get the best frames, mods, weapons, etc and don't have to pay a dime.

This game is more "pay-to-grind-less"....

you're trying to rewrite the definition to include some bizarre exclusion.

it's p2w.

Back