War Room OT Discussion v3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dude is really losing his shit over a somewhat hyperbolic comment.

Can we all at least agree that knowing what we know now, using gold as money would be really stupid?

I'm not the guy(s) too emotional on the subject to take a dispassionate look at the pros and cons of the different systems. Further evidenced by your post here where you demonstrate your fixation on hyping up one system and smearing the other. You're so skewed on this you think not joining your chorus of ridicule is "losing my shit". If you took a step back from whatever has you so emotionally invested in this (one-man) argument you'd see that.

The first thing I said (to my recollection) is that going back would be problematic. If you take that statement as some kind of advocacy of switching systems I don't know what to tell you. It's clear you're doing all you can to misrepresent or bait me into taking that position. The gold standard lost dude. Get over it. Doesn't change the fact that it worked well enough that people chose to use it for thousands of years and that it didn't stop America from getting built. Using your donkey analogy, just because we have motor vehicles now doesn't mean people throughout history were stupid for having ever ridden them.

tl;dr: It wasn't so much hyperbole in my mind as it was mis-characterization. Somewhere between stupid and optimal is functional. It clearly functioned.

Any thoughts on the Patriots saga? For most NFL fans it's a real treat to see such drama coming out of that organization.

Molyneux is the craziest of the bunch. Not as obvious a conman as Schiff and not as dumb either, so I'd just reverse him and Shapiro.

@Greoric is clearly a disciple of Molyneux (not only the views but the "not an argument" line) and used to post vids of him, but when I called him on that, he totally denied it and even pretended to think Molyneux was a woman ("I never even heard of her." "Why are you bringing that bitch up?") to make his denial seem more believable. Weird. I wonder if that's something people in the cult are supposed to do.

I'm actually shocked you're not libertarian considering how autistic you are.

What internet gold people think they look like:

goldcore_bloomberg_chart2_28-04-14.png

What internet gold people actually look like:

KNXV_APS_Copper_wiring_theft_20140208110036_320_240.JPG

Well, I for sure own more Brass than Gold. What you can't buy with one you can procure with the other.

Funny you say that. Just got me 500 rounds of 9mm, 400 rounds of .45acp, and 2800 rounds of .22lr.

<13>

As for gold, well...I got a wedding ring and a class ring with maybe some gold. Inherited some coins once. Cashed 'em out lickety split.

<seedat>

Funny you say that. Just got me 500 rounds of 9mm, 400 rounds of .45acp, and 2800 rounds of .22lr.

<13>

As for gold, well...I got a wedding ring and a class ring with maybe some gold. Inherited some coins once. Cashed 'em out lickety split.

<seedat>

To each his own. FRN's are good for some optionality.

I'm not the guy(s) too emotional on the subject to take a dispassionate look at the pros and cons of the different systems.

I have. I noted agreement with Jones view. I noted that a problem with gold is that it randomizes monetary policy (and speculated charitably though without agreement on why one might like that aspect of it). I noted that the volatility problem.

The first thing I said (to my recollection) is that going back would be problematic. If you take that statement as some kind of advocacy of switching systems I don't know what to tell you. It's clear you're doing all you can to misrepresent or bait me into taking that position. The gold standard lost dude. Get over it.

"Can we all at least agree that knowing what we know now, using gold as money would be really stupid?"

So ... yes? Jones' statement was hyperbolic, granted. It's not literally the stupidest thing he's ever heard of, surely. It is pretty stupid, though, and it seems we agree.

Any thoughts on the Patriots saga? For most NFL fans it's a real treat to see such drama coming out of that organization.

I don't follow the NFL at all. Too disturbing to see people express political opinions.

Yeah, the tangibles that allow you to procure other tangibles are nice indeed.

Too bad the guns have a way of making my other precious metals disappear. About 500 rounds went poof just last weekend. :(:D

What internet gold people think they look like:

goldcore_bloomberg_chart2_28-04-14.png

What internet gold people actually look like:

KNXV_APS_Copper_wiring_theft_20140208110036_320_240.JPG

lol. reminds me of this. This actually recently happened. They kidnapped a crypto CEO and let him go after he gave them a ton of crypto.

805c8a_fc4c6583bce743df8b0c68a3d92f2354~mv2.png_256

Though crypto exchanges have shown they are not hard to hack either.

Yeah, I didn't mean to create this great debate or put people down. Or call people who believe in the gold standard stupid. It was hyperbole. I strongly disagree with it though. I call something "the dumbest thing I ever heard" almost daily.

I personally get annoyed when people on stock forums call my ideas stupid. Like, there is a world sand shortage. These idiots refuse to believe me. There is sand everywhere. Ya, but is useless you jackass. It isn't good sand. Arab countries IMPORT sand. They are digging up forests in the German country side to get good sand. So people picked on me about sand for a few weeks. lol. But there is money to be made there somewhere. Organized crime already knows this.

A global shortage of sand has prompted violent black market gangs to steal large amounts from rivers and beaches and even the complete disappearance of dozens of small islands, according to an author working on a book about the problem.

Sand is used as a main ingredient in cement and concrete in buildings, to make glass, in roads and in massive land reclamation projects in places like Singapore and Dubai.

If all the sand used by humans in a single year was turned into a wall it would be 20 metres high, 20 metres wide and stretch all the way around the equator.

In an article for the New York Times, writer and journalist Vince Beiser said: “Sand is the essential ingredient that makes modern life possible. And we are starting to run out.

http://www.independent.co.uk/environment/sand-mining-construction-black-market-gangs-a7097911.html

And this huge Bull Market we are in is at a time when retail stock buyers --normal people like us-- are at a low. More percentage of the stock market is held by the top 10% than just a few years ago. So during this great market, we have less regular people investing. They aren't getting in on this. It's sad cuz they could have. Buy most blue chip stocks at the beginning of 2017 or S and P, and you will be up big at the end of the year. So many people missed out on that. One of the reasons they think it is happening is because Americans have less faith in the market after housing market and other banker shit. They aren't just buying individual stocks less but investing less or taking out money of mutual funds and other things.

They could have made a killing but are wasting their money on scratch off tickets the government sells and promotes like hotcakes.

Someone make a v4 with a link to this thread in the OP please.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back