War Room Lounge v80: It's gigantic, but will it fill that gap?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fawlty

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Cheers to @Crazy Diamond for the thread title

Mod Note: This thread is for general conversation and any other conversations to avoid derails in regular threads. If you find yourself going off topic in a thread, please quote the person's post, come in here, click "insert quote" and continue on in here. This is also still the War Room. Do not expect OT/Bare Knuckles rules in here.

I never quite understood art...or the appeal of it

Went to an art gallery last night and there were there odd pieces of sculpture (which were kind of cool) but were being sold from 300 to 500.

2 million pretty??
More like 40 now, right?

No idea what is technically good about the painting or whatever. The articles I saw were by people who didn't even try to explain its value, just bullshitting about symbolism.

@Jack V Savage

Saw this on a Vintage Philadelphia Facebook page.

People built bleachers on their roofs across from Shibe Park. Eventually they raise the stadium wall so you couldn't watch the game from the bleachers.

They called it the Spire Wall

More like 40 now, right?

No idea what is technically good about the painting or whatever. The articles I saw were by people who didn't even try to explain its value, just bullshitting about symbolism.

See , that's what I dont get...

I mean, I can appreciate Starry Night by van Gogh's, statue of david, Sistine chapel, the mona lisa etc...but jesus fuck...

That painting I posted earlier is THREE FUCKING STRIPES!!

Art is subjective and based oftentimes on luck.

this is actually one of Rothko's better works imo:
number-14.jpg

Is it worth $40M? Not to me, but I don't have billions of dollars to launder, so I'm probably not the guy to ask.

This one sold for $75M...
03470392.jpg

This is a great documentary on the subject: Some amazing artists in here and then there are the huge hacks like Jeff Koons who has totally gamed the system.

I'd take an original Roscoe over a Rothko anyday

il_794xN.1150246145_po64.jpg

I think I agree with this, but can you expand on it?

There's a limited supply of this stuff and it's bought by the superrich exclusively. If more money goes to the multimillion-dollar-art-buying community than pieces of that value get added to the pool, the prices will probably rise. Inelegant construction there, but I'm on my phone and I think you get it.

If you guys are ever in Philly The Barnes museum gets all the fanfare but I really liked the Rodin Museum when we checked it out

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back