War Room Lounge v65

Should the Lounge rule over the hearts of men?

• Hunto rules over the hearts of men and he's not finished yet

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kind of great how the argument doesn't really evolve from the worst of internet shit posters to the highest "halls of conservative intelligentsia" as Shapiro puts it.
That's not a coincidence. Most of Ben's arguments are either fallacious or made in bad faith, he just says them quickly and confidently while wearing a suit. Its why he looks like such an idiot on Twitter: he can't hide his lack of substance with style like he can in person.

@LogicalInsanity

I think you asked how the “Trot fan club” views those quotes.

While the “fan club” thing is kinda dumb, the answer is that we take the story as it was told.

As I understand it he got the girl out of the situation but did not hunt the guy down.

Would I have done something different (like throw an axe at the dude’s head), quite possibly. Can’t see how what Trot did was not the responsible and morally correct thing.

So let’s take a break on the slanderous bullshit.

Thanks

Oh boy, that Shapiro tweet about sagging your pants reminds me of an old thread here about EBT/food stamps. Someone posted, "You shouldn't be able to use EBT to buy things like malt liquor, rims, sneakers, etc" and it brought the lulz and butthurt.

@LogicalInsanity

While the “fan club” thing is kinda dumb, the answer is that we take the story as it was told.

As I understand it he got the girl out of the situation but did not hunt the guy down.

Would I have done something different (like throw an axe at the dude’s head), quite possibly. Can’t see how what Trot did was not the responsible and morally correct thing.

Thanks
That's not what LI is referring to though.

Jesus Christ WTF Baltimore and St Louis?!
lol I ain't touching that one.

Pretty easily explained. They're both independent cities so their crime data is skewed. All the other big cities' crime data is filtered through the surrounding county.
In the United States, an independent city is a city that is not in the territory of any county or counties with exceptions noted below. Of the 41 independent U.S. cities,[1] 38 are in Virginia, whose state constitution makes them a special case. The three independent cities outside Virginia are Baltimore, Maryland; St. Louis, Missouri; and Carson City, Nevada. The U.S. Census Bureau uses counties as its base unit for presentation of statistical information, and treats independent cities as county equivalents for those purposes. The most populous of them is Baltimore, Maryland.
In reality, they're fairly regular in terms of crime rate.

Murder's the only one I trust for international comparison because it's consistently defined and reported.
5.7 is pretty awful for a developed nation.
The murder rates in some US cities are worse than Port Moresby, PNG though, which has massive shanty towns reminiscent of the movie "District 9" and where the expat community largely lives on fortified corporate compounds.
How is violent crime calculated there? Here it's murder/non-negligent homicide, rape, armed robbery, and aggravated assault by the FBI.

@LogicalInsanity

Thanks

98% of my posts in the other thread have been about grilled cheese sandwiches. I was merely asking a question regarding that incident.

he tends to lecture others about morality, but says horrific fu*king shit himself. Fu*k him...but out of respect to you, I'll back off on this.

similar to how I'm playing nice with Fawlty.

Pretty easily explained. They're both independent cities so their crime data is skewed. All the other big cities' crime data is filtered through the surrounding county.

What about the others listed?

98% of my posts in the other thread have been about grilled cheese sandwiches. I was merely asking a question regarding that incident.

he tends to lecture others about morality, but says horrific fu*king shit himself. Fu*k him...but out of respect to you, I'll back off on this.

similar to how I'm playing nice with Fawlty.
He's got the wrong quote anyhow.

But, if Baltimore's crime data is JUST for the city of Baltimore like within city limits... isn't that STILL really bad if SLC's includes West Valley City, West Jordan, South Jordan Murray, Midvale, and all the other surrounding Salt Lake County municipalities?

Are we still talking grilled cheese? I'm a cotija and jack on homemade corn tortillas.

What about the others listed?

What about them? Greg asked why Baltimore and St. Louis are so far ahead of the rest of the pack.

But, if Baltimore's crime data is JUST for the city of Baltimore like within city limits... isn't that STILL really bad if SLC's includes West Valley City, West Jordan, South Jordan Murray, Midvale, and all the other surrounding Salt Lake County municipalities?

No, because surrounding suburbs are generally less population-dense, more affluent, and have far lower crime rates. I'm not familiar with SLC personally, but I would suspect that the economy developed in a similar way, where the most poverty is in residential areas of the city and the most wealth is in outer suburbs.

No, because surrounding suburbs are generally less population-dense, more affluent, and have far lower crime rates. I'm not familiar with SLC personally, but I would suspect that the economy developed in a similar way, where the most poverty is in residential areas of the city and the most wealth is in outer suburbs.
SLC is a bit weird honestly.

townships2.jpg

The PRIMARY areas of the city with more criminal activity/financially less stable/not as affluent is West Valley City, Kearns, and Magna.

MAIN Salt Lake, West Jordan, South Jordan, Herriman, Murray, Midvale, Sandy, Cottonwood Heights, and then the areas to the south as you head towards Orem are the areas that have at least LESS crime... and Bluffdale can be pretty "poor" looking too as it's right near the national guard base.

Case in point, I believe West Valley City, Kearns, Magna, and Taylorsville are all part of what I THINK is called the Granite School District.... or at least parts of all of them are.

Granite School District has it's own police force.
https://www.graniteschools.org/police/

How is violent crime calculated there? Here it's murder/non-negligent homicide, rape, armed robbery, and aggravated assault by the FBI.

They just go off the murder rate per 100, 000, because the other crimes aren't reported anywhere near as consistently (murder is essentially always reported).
There's no separate armed robbery statistic, just robbery and home invasions. Likewise rape (I think it's lumped in with all sexual assault) and assault.
Our assault stats are comparable (probably even worse in some areas), but the murder rates even in the worst areas of Sydney or Melbourne are still only around 1.8/100,000.

@LogicalInsanity

Thanks

What sucks is Trotsky did what most young dudes would likely do in that situation. But he brought those situations up trying to defend another poster who actually admitted to watching girls get drugged and did absolutely nothing. Nothing at all just continued to party like nothing happened

Think this is a lesson to not try to defend things or people simply because they might be on your side.

But yea, I think Trots did what a lot of guys would do in that situation.

St Louis 66.07
Baltimore 55.07
Detroit 39.8
New Orleans 39.5
Baton Rouge 38.26
Kansas City 30.93
Cleveland 27.77
Memphis 27.73
Newark 27.14
Chicago 24.13
Cincinnati 23.4
Mobile 20.13