• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

War Room Lounge v60: "Joe Biden, and no we're not joking" -America

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't realise it was restricted (aside from illegal distillation and alcohol tax). You can get Polish Pure Spirit here which is 95%.

The super high proof stuff can be fun, but it completely wrecks your body if you drink it for a prolonged period.

A friend of mine died from alcohol abuse a while ago. He was so far gone he would just drink mouth wash and rubbing alcohol to get drunk. He didn't care what it was as long as it had alcohol in it.

Have any of you tried moonshine?

Yea made by a real farmer in a still behind his barn

Its horrible in every way shape and form. When you drink it you cant breathe right for a minute and it seems like you could fuel an f 18 with the stuff

The super high proof stuff can be fun, but it completely wrecks your body if you drink it for a prolonged period.

A friend of mine died from alcohol abuse a while ago. He was so far gone he would just drink mouth wash and rubbing alcohol to get drunk. He didn't care what it was as long as it had alcohol in it.

Yeah, I mean the 95% stuff is an ingredient not a drink. Alcohol poisoning is obviously a risk.

I've heard about weddings where the 'first drink was free'. Wtf?

IMO nobody needs to spend 20 or 30k on a wedding if they cannot afford it. But if I am a (paying, given gifts) guest I expect some minimum standards, among which is decent food, entertainment, and drinks for free. Because are you fucking kidding me?

Yeah I've never actually been to a cash bar wedding.

My wife told me about a bar she went to where it was a semi cash bar. So the couple put down however much money up front and when that ran out it switched to a cash bar.

My sister and brother in law are both Friends of Bill and they still had an open bar lol

I knew a guy that did two shots of 151 and stopped breathing for a little bit cause of it and he wasn't even an aclhy.

My parents work in icus and ERs. They would get homeless alcoholics in who'd steal rubbing alcohol off the housekeeper carts. Mayo switched to only rubbing alcohol wipes because it was so rampant.

My wife told me about a bar she went to where it was a semi cash bar. So the couple put down however much money up front and when that ran out it switched to a cash bar.

I can understand wanting to be able to plan. We negotiated a flat fee with our caterer, with longdrinks costing us extra.

Like I said, I get WHY he wants to... but to say it AFTER we sign paperwork is fucking trash and a scumbucket move.

I think I will and see what the reaction is.
Like I said you have the moral high ground so I think making demands of your own is reasonable. He wants something that you didn't agree to, he should have to give something up. My suggested compromise is more of a favor to him but taking the master bedroom is fair I think.

Oh what the fuck.

Ugh... the housing saga continues. Ggggrrrrr.

Buddy I was planning on living with has the 2 kids right? The 9 year old he splits custody with and the 3 year old that lives with him 100% of the time (and is a fucking terrorist).

We found a 3 bedroom 2 bathroom spot for $1650 a month in a nice neighborhood with pretty cool landlords. Ask him "how do you want to split rent" and he comes back with "I know we talked 60/40 but 50/50 would be easier for me because with the longer commute to my work and utilities I don't know if I could afford to do anything with childcare expenses and such at 60/40 (keep in mind at 60/40 he'd only be paying $900 a month now, a $300 decrease from what he's paying now)".......

So, you want to get 2 of the 3 bedrooms, one of which is the fucking MASTER bedroom with an attached full bath... and want to split the $1650 rent 50/50? Oh yeah, and stick me in a room the size of a prison cell so your two kids can share the slightly larger room....

Am I off base for really REALLY wanting to tell him to go fuck himself and find my own spot solo? I won't as he's a friend of mine but I really want to back out of this shit now. We signed the lease but haven't paid a deposit.

Like bitch, I already commute FARTHER than you do AND I'm not the one that insists on taking the 3 year old to a day care spot that is $1000 a month. PLUS, your job you COULD work from home if you really REALLY wanted to so......
I'd at least argue to keep the master for yourself if he insists on 50/50. Kids get the small room and bunk beds. Problem solved.

Some junkie just tried to sell me a tub of Tide Pods telling me my wife will appreciate the deal she's giving me

Like I said, I get WHY he wants to... but to say it AFTER we sign paperwork is fucking trash and a scumbucket move.

that's the thing to remember here. he might be your friend, but it's really not family comes first, it's family comes only.

so if it makes sense for his family, he's not gonna think twice about what it does to you.

that's not universal, but a lot of people are like that when they have kids.

Like I said you have the moral high ground so I think making demands of your own is reasonable. He wants something that you didn't agree to, he should have to give something up. My suggested compromise is more of a favor to him but taking the master bedroom is fair I think.
Agreed... I'm just trying to come up with a way to not be a complete dick about it.

I'd at least argue to keep the master for yourself if he insists on 50/50. Kids get the small room and bunk beds. Problem solved.
Definitely how I feel

Whoa, when the fuck did @bad seed get banned?

I was gonna see if he wanted to join the FF league.

EDIT: Apparently quite a long time ago. Damn, that sucks.

Some junkie just tried to sell me a tub of Tide Pods telling me my wife will appreciate the deal she's giving me

Your wife would probably appreciate it if you came home with a box of discount tide pods and did the laundry tho.

Not sure if I'm a fan of Asma's new look

I think you see their worst side and I think people are betting off not unleashing that side of themselves upon others through reckless drinking. I mean, if someone is an angry drunk would you really rather he drinks around you so you can find out yourself or would you rather he just stopped drinking entirely? I would prefer the latter.
The devil himself is sitting at the bottle bottom of every bottle of booze.

Last edited:
Not sure if I'm a fan of Asma's new look

Who?
I kinda like short hair on a chick if she pulls it off well. What did she look like before?

EDIT: looked her up. I'm guessing she went through chemo?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back