War Room Lounge V37: Where's Waldek? The Fake Poll Pole.

Fake Polls! Find the three impolesters...

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
You don't like them? I think they're pretty sharp.
5610_florida_panthers-jersey-2004.png

<VinceCa$h>

*looks at Florida Panthers record*
Naw, no fucks given. Except for my man-crush on Crosby.
Fuck Crosby

Can't wait to watch the Greatest Team Ever Assembled lose in the first round this year.

They drank the unicorn's blood. Now their lives are but half lives.
Which team is that? I hope it's the Lightning. Cause fuck them.

The panthers have no reason to suck. Every year I say ''this is the year they break out.'' Nope. They suck until proven otherwise. To be fair they'd be a lot better if they didn't give away Marchessault and Smith for absolutely nothing.

They get Bob and panarin this offseason and still won't make the playoffs next year

Working on decade number 2 without a playoff series win. Lmao. Although, it would be nice for NYI to eliminate them. 7 times in 7 years. I don't ask for much.
The best is I live in WA... right on the border with Canada...

So I have a fair amount of friends that are Canuck fans some of which were former semi-pro players themselves. A couple of them do kendo as well.

Let's just say when it was time for competitions and shit in Canada I made sure to dig out my headwrap that had the Bruins logo and bear head on it to get under everyone's skin. Add to that wearing a Marchand like sweatshirt while waiting for your match over the gi... much lols were had by me.

Playoff hockey is almost upon us.

I hope my Wild miss playoffs so that management can stop hiding behind mediocrity as success.

I don't care if we made playoffs 12 years in a row if the vast majority of those were 1st round exits. Another year of us backing into the 7 or 8 seed to lose continues the cycle.

We traded away Nino Niederreiter for a bag of chips. So annoying

I hope my Wild miss playoffs so that management can stop hiding behind mediocrity as success.

I don't care if we made playoffs 12 years in a row if the vast majority of those were 1st round exits. Another year of us backing into the 7 or 8 seed to lose continues the cycle.

We traded away Nino Niederreiter for a bag of chips. So annoying
Greatest Minnesota Wild moment

Other than Scott Stevens and Jagr.. Hasek has to be one of my favorite players from that "generation" so to speak.

I love that clip... they start playing "I Believe I Can Fly" in the arena during the pause. LOL

I have a ton of family (dad's side) in Minnesota. ALL of them try to get me to be a Wild fan. My response?
"Nah, Bruins all the way"
"Why?"
"Well, their mascot is a fucking brown bear and I've been a fan since those dismal years in the 90s"

Bucket list items that are sports related:
- Go to a Red Sox/Yankees game in Boston
- Go to a Packers/Bears game in Green Bay
- Go to a Bruins game in Boston.. preferably against like the Leafs or Habs
- See the Mariners FINALLY make a WS appearance (I suspect I will never get this one)
- See basketball return to Seattle

The name change decision has been made.
AntiqueRemoteChanticleer-size_restricted.gif

Greatest Minnesota Wild moment

Other than Scott Stevens and Jagr.. Hasek has to be one of my favorite players from that "generation" so to speak.

I love that clip... they start playing "I Believe I Can Fly" in the arena during the pause. LOL

I wasn't even mad watching that live. That was amazing.

I showed that clip to someone at work just last week even. She started playing goalie two years ago in a local C league and her husband at the table was saying she needs to tone down being aggressive out of the net so much (used to be an actual player, so she can skate better than goalie). I'm like, well if you're gonna leave the crease, at least do it in style.

This is one of my favorite clips from that Era. The last time for the big goons to shine just after the instigator rule was implemented and teams didn't care about the 2 minutes so much (yet).

"Why would he want this?" the announcer says summing it up nicely. Fedoruk needed facial reconstruction surgery after this fight and ended up like this

47132180012053a8c18af10cb2a5de90.jpg

RIP Boogaard. Painkiller addiction in that line of work is brutal.

I wasn't even mad watching that live. That was amazing.

I showed that clip to someone at work just last week even. She started playing goalie two years ago in a local C league and her husband at the table was saying she needs to tone down being aggressive out of the net so much (used to be an actual player, so she can skate better than goalie). I'm like, well if you're gonna leave the crease, at least do it in style.

This is one of my favorite clips from that Era. The last time for the big goons to shine just after the instigator rule was implemented and teams didn't care about the 2 minutes so much (yet).

"Why would he want this?" the announcer says summing it up nicely. Fedoruk needed facial reconstruction surgery after this fight and ended up like this

47132180012053a8c18af10cb2a5de90.jpg

RIP Boogaard. Painkiller addiction in that line of work is brutal.

I get why they are trying to limit it but I miss the goons.

Now we're stuck with rats. I love Marchand but can freely admit he's not on "my" team I'd despise him. Kadri is basically the same thing then fucksticks like Avery too.

I get why they are trying to limit it but I miss the goons.

Now we're stuck with rats. I love Marchand but can freely admit he's not on "my" team I'd despise him. Kadri is basically the same thing then fucksticks like Avery too.

Marchand is exactly the kind of person who wouldn't last 2 seasons in the NHL if he played even just 10-20 years ago. And wouldn't have survived the 80s on ice. The Code would have taken care of him and his antics.

Marchand is exactly the kind of person who wouldn't last 2 seasons in the NHL if he played even just 10-20 years ago. And wouldn't have survived the 80s on ice. The Code would have taken care of him and his antics.
Did you ever hear what happened to Rome after his hit on Horton?

It was like every team he went to the enforcers that remained ALL tried to take him out to the point he was out of the league in like 4 years.

I miss this man too:

"MILK DRINKER!!!"

"You grow a set yet? I'll even let you pick which hand I beat the fuck out of you with"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back