• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

War Room Lounge V32: Justice for Prokofievian!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was a ludicrous choice for Gotham in The Dark Knight Rises.

Chicago (the city used in The Dark Knight) was perfect, sleek, modern.

Didn't they still use some of Chicago for Rises also? Pittsburgh gets a lot of films shot around here because PA offer tax credits for some films.

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Didn't they still use some of Chicago for Rises also? Pittsburgh gets a lot of films shot around here because PA offer tax credits for some films.

I want to say they did, but I can't think of any shots that were there. Maybe the early stuff with the stock market and the police chase. But everything in the third act was Pitt iirc.

I want to say they did, but I can't think of any shots that were there. Maybe the early stuff with the stock market and the police chase. But everything in the third act was Pitt iirc.

I might have the movies confused but there's a scene where he goes to Japan and breaks into a high rise building I think. That may be the only time they used Chicago but my memory sucks, especially for that movie which also sucked.

@Trotsky

Nah. Looks like it was just Pittsburgh and New York/New Jersey. Trump tower was the Wayne Enterprises building.

Filming was scheduled to start in May and conclude in November 2011.[85] Principal photography commenced on May 6, 2011, in Jodhpur, India at the Mehrangarh Fort[86][87][88] before moving to Pittsburgh, where it operated under the working title Magnus Rex to reduce the visibility of the production.[89][90] Shooting locations within the city included Heinz Field, the site of an American football game,[91] with members of the Pittsburgh Steelers playing the Gotham Rogues football team. More than 11,000 extras were used to depict the shot sequence.[7][47][48] Filming in Pittsburgh also took place at the Mellon Institute and Software Engineering Institute at Carnegie Mellon University.[90] A letter sent out to residents and business owners detailing road closures revealed that the streets of the city would be featured "as the start of [the] film".[92] 9-1-1 operators were told to expect an increase in calls related to gunshots and explosions in the film's production.[93] The Pittsburgh leg of production wrapped after three weeks on August 21, 2011.[94] The next portion of the filming began in Los Angeles in late August and finished up on October 23 after nine weeks of filming. New York and New Jersey were the next places of filming. The Trump Tower replaced the Richard J. Daley Center as the location for the headquarters of Wayne Enterprises.[95] In November 2011, shooting shifted to Newark, New Jersey.[96][97] Newark City Hall and Military Park were among the locations used for filming.[98] Other shooting locations include London and Glasgow, the latter of which was used for "additional exterior filming".[99] Principal photography concluded on November 14, 2011.[100] The external waterfall scene at the end of the film was shot at Sgwd Henrhyd falls, on the edge of the Brecon Beacons National Park in Wales.[101]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Dark_Knight_Rises

For what @Ripskater got the ban hammer for? As far as I could tell, his posting was as mild mannered as ever and could not fathom the reason.

...unless he posted abortion pictures again and the message got deleted.

With all due respect, are you under an obligation to patrol this particular subforum? There are return posters every week (in addition to the usual shit posters who operate with impunity). One guy who sprouted up this week in on his third account in just the past two months. Now, his bans were for the procedural crimes of racism, personal insults using IRL info, and thread derailing, and not the more egregious conduct of....reporting racism, personal insults with IRL info, and thread derailing, but I think it's still strange that all of those frequent retreads are not worth pointing out but this one is because he made your job more unpleasant than the other ones.

Well, make me a mod then. That would be the easy solution: to either abdicate or to bring on more mods. There are several posters that would be good moderators in my opinion: @Gandhi (super nice, voted most independent poster, has uncanny computer skills for having been born in the years of quill pens), @Darkballs (old account, great username, intelligent), @A.C. (IRL police officer who doesn't get offended when I call police officers pigs, which shows he's an authority figure that can contain himself), @Limbo Pete (former mod, only weakness is that he is intolerant of pedophiles)

Sorry for the delayed response. I had dad duty today on top of watching the UH and Rockets games.

We are under an obligation to mod everywhere. While we all have our focused sections you can't really participate in a forum as a mod and not actively moderate as well. I also received a lot of pm's from people in here which is honestly what drew me in. Couple that with what Homer pulled and here we sit. Half of this site is on another account. Everyone is well aware of that. Nobody outside of the booth is really privy to what Homer pulled. It was absurd and I can promise that if you did you would echo my sentiments. Many prior bans get announced. It's not exactly something that isn't a common occurrence. My decision to out him were both based on his past actions and making people aware of who they were dealing with. He tried to screw up the site so you won't see me feeling sorry for him. He's lucky to even be allowed back.

Your name has never been brought up for mod consideration. If you want to throw your name in the hat it's possible next time they appoint new people. You seem pretty levelheaded. I honestly wouldn't have a issue with it as it stands now (I'm just becoming familiar with your posts). Two of your other selections I don't know so I can't comment on them. Pete is cool. We get along but I will let him explain that situation to you via pm if he chooses. Hope that is an adequate answer and if not then let me know. You can pm me as well. I don't mind answering questions or decisions that I make

@PolishHeadlock @Gandhi

Who do we think are the greatest MMA wrestlers of all-time?

I'm thinking:
1. GSP
2. Daniel Cormier
3. Matt Hughes
4. Jon Jones
5. Frankie Edgar
6. Randy Couture
7. Cain Velsaquez
8. Kevin Randleman
9. Chael Sonnen
10. Demetrious Johnson/Josh Koscheck

I'm tempted to put Tito Ortiz in there just because his weird body proportions with having a super long torso make his offense from guard so brutal. But that's not really wrestling when you get into ground n pound.

There really isn't an argument for anyone other than GSP #1, right?

I think you can argue Jones and Cormier above GSP but I it's close enough that they're interchangeable imo. I would definitely have Jones over Hughes and he outwrestled Cormier when they fought.

I don't think I'd put Randleman in the top 10 either. His pure wrestling accomplishments are awesome but in MMA he got outwrestled by Randleman and got stuffed by Liddell.

I'd have Weidman and Romero over Sonnen

Sorry for the delayed response. I had dad duty today on top of watching the UH and Rockets games.

We are under an obligation to mod everywhere. While we all have our focused sections you can't really participate in a forum as a mod and not actively moderate as well. I also received a lot of pm's from people in here which is honestly what drew me in. Couple that with what Homer pulled and here we sit. Half of this site is on another account. Everyone is well aware of that. Nobody outside of the booth is really privy to what Homer pulled. It was absurd and I can promise that if you did you would echo my sentiments. Many prior bans get announced. It's not exactly something that isn't a common occurrence. My decision to out him were both based on his past actions and making people aware of who they were dealing with. He tried to screw up the site so you won't see me feeling sorry for him. He's lucky to even be allowed back.

Your name has never been brought up for mod consideration. If you want to throw your name in the hat it's possible next time they appoint new people. You seem pretty levelheaded. I honestly wouldn't have a issue with it as it stands now (I'm just becoming familiar with your posts). Two of your other selections I don't know so I can't comment on them. Pete is cool. We get along but I will let him explain that situation to you via pm if he chooses. Hope that is an adequate answer and if not then let me know. You can pm me as well. I don't mind answering questions or decisions that I make
I know this isn't directed to me, but I think many of us appreciate the response and I hope you don't object to disparate replies. Here's the thing, I don't ever recall seeing evidence of "Many prior bans get announced. It's not exactly something that isn't a common occurrence." I haven't always hung around in the WR, but whether it's here or in the heavies where I used to spend most of my time, I don't recall ever seeing a mod out a new account's former name. Sure, users, sometimes the subject him/herself, and sometimes other people who are engaged in well-founded speculation, will out a returning user's nic, but I never saw a mod do it.

I think to be consistent, it would be great if there were a public running tally somewhere. That way, when someone you had on ignore gets banned and comes back, you can easily identify and do it again, for example.

I don't think I'd put Randleman in the top 10 either. His pure wrestling accomplishments are awesome but in MMA he got outwrestled by Randleman and got stuffed by Liddell.
Uhhhh, can you please fix this to clarify your point?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
romanych
Back