War Room Lounge V32: Justice for Prokofievian!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fawlty

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

Mod Note: This thread is for general conversation and any other conversations to avoid derails in regular threads. If you find yourself going off topic in a thread, please quote the person's post, come in here, click insert quote, and continue on in here. This is also still the War Room. Do not expect OT/Bare Knuckles rules in here.

Odd Note:
"

For what will it profit a man if he gains the whole world,
and loses his own soul?

"
― Mark

"
Time to go down to the basement for some more hauntingly delicious...karate forum wagers!
― Count Chocula

Again, the bet thread exists for ranking and accountability, in addition to sidestepping these kind of welch squabbles. It specifically contains the official record. It doesn't magically absolve people of wagers made outside it. Whether or not someone chooses to hold people accountable is their own call. You very clearly made a bet, and doing so outside the bet thread doesn't make it any more real. It just means it's between you two and that nobody is going to enforce it. There is no "exception" for account bets. Practically speaking, they are as enforceable as any bet that happens outside the bet thread. But they are also not enforceable inside the bet thread, either. It's not a hard concept to grasp.

Exactly.

What happened to Prokofievian ?

trump videos of not knowing people's names... is it funny or concerning?

Wai backed out on a bet after basically agreeing to it and he contends cause it wasn't in the bet thread it doesn't count.

Oh. I've been glossing over that pissing match. Was afraid it got too heated Prok got banned or something

Last edited:
What happened to Prokofievian ?
For once, nothing ban related!

The end of the last thread is a discussion of whether @waiguoren welched on a bet he agreed to with @Prokofievian. They agreed to the terms, but the bet did not make it onto the WR official bet rankings (Lead didn't finalize it for scoreboard purposes, but the agreement was reached between the bettors). @waiguoren says that he's not obligated to honor the bet, and so far I think zero people agree with that.

Last edited:

Little human actually. I'm horrid with names. Routinely fuck up coworkers name to their faces or have a very awkwardly worded sentence to avoid using someone's name.

I've always said a gift for name/face memory is a politician's skill. Trump is not a politician.

In other news, Trump is planning to put together a Technology and Innovation Commission led by the heavy hitting triumvirate of Tim Apple, Elon Tesla and Bill Microsoft.

Neither, imo. I have to cut him some slack considering how many investigations he's under and how bad his diet is for mental health.

The end of the last thread is a discussion of whether @waiguoren welched on a bet he agree to with @Prokofievian. They agreed to the terms, but the bet did not make it onto the WR official bet rankings. @waiguoren says that he's not obligated to honor the bet, and so far I think zero people agree with that.
And let's not lose sight of him still thinking Polish is somehow "honor bound" to follow through with his account termination despite that not even being the terms they did end up agreeing on in the bet thread.
Wai makes bet with Prok outside bet thread = doesn't have to honor it
Wai tries to make account bet with Polish, can't because it's unenforceable, comes to other terms in the bet thread = Polish must surrender his account
And the best part is, i'm guessing that @PolishHeadlock, since he isn't a coward or a welcher, would probably be willing to have his account dusted despite the less serious "official" terms they finalized

@waiguoren says that he's not obligated to honor the bet, and so far I think zero people agree with that.

WR5JX.jpg.jpg

The end of the last thread is a discussion of whether @waiguoren welched on a bet he agreed to with @Prokofievian. They agreed to the terms, but the bet did not make it onto the WR official bet rankings (Lead didn't finalize it for scoreboard purposes, but the agreement was reached between the bettors). @waiguoren says that he's not obligated to honor the bet, and so far I think zero people agree with that.
Basically, Wai is the tour guide:

And let's not lose sight of him still thinking Polish is somehow "honor bound" to follow through with his account termination despite that not even being the terms they did end up agreeing on in the bet thread.
Wai makes bet with Prok outside bet thread = doesn't have to honor it
Wai tries to make account bet with Polish, can't because it's unenforceable, comes to other terms in the bet thread = Polish must surrender his account
And the best part is, i'm guessing that @PolishHeadlock, since he isn't a coward or a welcher, would probably be willing to have his account dusted despite the less serious "official" terms they finalized
I agree with your position, but at a lower volume.

The end of the last thread is a discussion of whether @waiguoren welched on a bet he agree to with @Prokofievian. They agreed to the terms, but the bet did not make it onto the WR official bet rankings (Lead didn't finalize it for scoreboard purposes, but the agreement was reached between the bettors). @waiguoren says that he's not obligated to honor the bet, and so far I think zero people agree with that.

Would it be weird that I actually take the dissenting side here? And no it's not just because of Waig proving the bet slips to me. I play dynasty fantasy football, and there are tons of trades agreed upon via texting or in person, then when push comes to shove and trade is sitting in your inbox to accept or reject, the cold feet happen and you realize it's not a good move.

If there's an official platform for a transfer (whether bet or trade), that's the official and anything else is just dust. Still a bitch move, but he shouldn't be made to honor the non official bet. We've mocked people fantasy football with screenshots to the group chats, so the heat he's getting seems just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back