• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Social War Room Lounge v258: I love durian, but I never tried to hatch one.

Which button do you press?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh yeah I brought that from the Sports Bar into my conversation a while back. Once or twice I've called someone a "can".

8khY7V5.jpg

NvBe11z.png

I like that garlic is absent from the escargot description. I haven't had it too often, but whenever I have, the garlic has been overpowering. I love garlic when it is used with care and attention to how it fits in with the rest of the dish, not just because it's just programmed into your head that garlic goes with it. Another good example of that kind of error is when people use olives and/or capers. If they are part of a well balanced dish, I totally get why people like them. But for me, if they are just added plain or if they're otherwise allowed to fully assert themselves, I just don't enjoy it. The taste is so overpowering when I crunch one between my teeth that it takes far too much beer to get to where I can enjoy the taste of anything else afterward. Edit: ditto truffle oil, or any oil, really.

Further to my post above, everything on that menu looks pretty good other than the truffle mac and cheese, and it still might be great but I'd have everything else I like on there first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back