• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

War Room Lounge V20: Halloween Awareness: Dispatches Blast Yo Ass from a Pumpkin Patch

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think there are times when its obvious and relevant enough to point out but I do see your point.

I mean, I'm not saying I'm above it. I think the hypocrisy with regard to deficits is astounding. Lots of process stuff is bad, too. But no one is going to admit it, and the argument on the table is what is important.

Yeah, I gotta start doing some PEDs to avoid having to talk to clients.

As for the title shot and main event, if he's banned, OK. I get it. Sucks but whatever. If he's fighting, though, of course he's going to get title shots and main events. He's the best fighter we've ever seen and a pretty good draw (definitely ME-worthy).
Yeah basically this. If the guy's fighting it doesn't make sense to put him on the prelims or have him fight some prospect.

Is the UFC seriously giving JonJones another title fight and main event match? Seriously?

That and giving Gus the opposition spot even though his only activity has been pulling out of fights. All while stripping a very active fighter in DC.

@Jack V Savage

Here we see that CNN has gathered a panel of alleged Trump voters, all of whom are claiming to intend to vote for a straight Democratic ticket next month. Given that we have multiple independent polls showing ~90% support for Trump among registered Republicans, and given that we have no evidence of a mass exodus from the Republican Party, and given that this segment has not been juxtaposed with standard voter panels, would you agree that CNN has almost certainly painted an unrepresentative picture of the electorate?

That and giving Gus the opposition spot even though his only activity has been pulling out of fights. All while stripping a very active fighter in DC.

Who has DC DEFENDED either belt against?

Who has DC DEFENDED either belt against?

He just won one and it hasn't even been a year since he regained the lhw. And as Nov he will defend a title. Also it will be his 3rd fight in 10 months. How many champs have been that active?

I don't really see it as unsettled (had Jones winning 4-1), but the first fight was really good.
Unsettled isn't exactly the right word. Jones dominates and sometimes humiliates everyone, but not Gus. And it wasn't the result of a flash knockdown or a couple good shots that snowballed and put Jones on his back foot, it was a long war of attrition and unusually close for a 4-1 kind of fight. That leaves room for uncertainty about who is really better in the matchup (Jones will destroy him though). It sets up well for a rematch.

Is the UFC seriously giving JonJones another title fight and main event match? Seriously?
Jones is one of the best fighters ever. Why wouldn't they give him a main event and title shot? Even with all of his BS, can anyone really argue with his skill level. I'm always hoping he will get his life straight.

would you agree that CNN has almost certainly painted an unrepresentative picture of the electorate?

Of fucking course. When did they say that it was a representative picture of the electorate? When all of them voted Trump, and the majority of the electorate voted against Trump, that should have been your first hint.

Also, given Trump's supposed appeal with independents during the 2016 campaign and his remarkably low approval ratings today, I'd say there is likely a considerable cross section of the electorate that voted Trump and is now going to vote blue. Is it the majority, or even a considerable portion, of Trump voters? Of course not.

Of fucking course. When did they say that it was a representative picture of the electorate? When all of them voted Trump, and the majority of the electorate voted against Trump, that should have been your first hint.

Also, given Trump's supposed appeal with independents during the 2016 campaign and his remarkably low approval ratings today, I'd say there is likely a considerable cross section of the electorate that voted Trump and is now going to vote blue. Is it the majority, or even a considerable portion, of Trump voters? Of course not.
The question was addressed to @Jack V Savage.

He just won one and it hasn't even been a year since he regained the lhw. And as Nov he will defend a title. Also it will be his 3rd fight in 10 months. How many champs have been that active?
He relinquished the LHW one cause he's scared of Jones then, don't blame him, needs the easier fight on the road to Lesnar

Jones is one of the best fighters ever. Why wouldn't they give him a main event and title shot? Even with all of his BS, can anyone really argue with his skill level. I'm always hoping he will get his life straight.
Why wouldn't they? Maybe cause he tests positive for rothe day everytime he fights

Why wouldn't they? Maybe cause he tests positive for rothe day everytime he fights

What other option would you prefer they take? Cut him? He is the best LHW, has wins over their current HW and LHW champ. He is a legitimate fighter that they have to keep or another organization will use him against them. Even with his positive test, he is still one of the best fighters on earth, there is no question about that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back