War Room Lounge v184: I said I like rosemary and suddenly it's a fight

Status
Not open for further replies.
A couple thoughts regarding the new season of the Mandalorian.
Frankly the whole thing seemed like a rip of tremors.
How did the Krayt eat a sarlec when sarlec's are much bigger?
It seemed like the writers were just trying to establish this Krayt was badder than the Sarlec Bobba Fett encountered but the whole claim did not make sense.

Why is a giant burrowing worm living in a cave?
Logically it would just burrow underground when it wants to sleep. There is not need for a cave. We partially know this because the whole premise regarding facing the krayt without using the space ship is that it will sense the vibrations and burrow deep. Again the Mando could have flown and parked the ship if that was a real concern which still would have given him access to all the ships guns once the krayt came back which would have alleviated the need to rely on sand people using bows.
The timeline seemed a bit flawed to.
If the Krayt had just woken up from a slumber I could understand the activity but as is if this is how the Krayt always is then how are there any sand people or a human village left?
I overall enjoyed the episode but these points stuck out. Also wondering if Bobba Fett is the one we see at the end of the episode and that armor is actually his that was recovered.

Last edited:
@AgonyandIrony got bored and swtched off fargo s4/ep1, mistake?

verdict compared to earlier seasons? preferred the first two over the third

I overall enjoyed the episode but these points stuck out. Also wondering if Bobba Fett is the one we see at the end of the episode and that armor is actually his that was recovered.
same actor who played jango and the clonetroopers from the prequel movies, it's him

He's on mthe paywall
A man's political ideology must come from the sincerity of his conviction. I see nothing of either in his posts. A hollow snake with rubber fangs lashing out at everyone else around him. Such a bore.

Per your music recommendation I was surprised, not too shabby. That's your dude? Pretty cool. Real circa 2004 vibes.

I've been vibing on Future lately.

For those old vibes. But Purple Reign was one of my all time favorite mix tapes. Up there with Acid Rap imo.

@AgonyandIrony got bored and swtched off fargo s4/ep1, mistake?

verdict compared to earlier seasons? preferred the first two over the third
Well I just rewatched the latest Good Lord Bird episode for the second time tonight but I'm really digging the latest season of Fargo. It takes a little longer to feel like Fargo due to the era/setting but I'm loving it.

It kind of has that problem where, because it's so different, you sort of don't really watch it initially, you just compare it, if that makes sense. I generally watch an episode, then start at episode one and watch through, the darkness is still there, the humor, the violence. All and all really good and last week's episode delivered like Christmas.

@Limbo Pete you really should watch this show though. I was a bit taken aback at how Douglass is portrayed. This latest episode included this factual moment.

In early fall 1859, as Brown made final preparations for his raid, Douglass, driven by curiosity and hope, paid a visit to the “old man” in Chambersburg, Pennsylvania. They met secretly in an old stone quarry, Douglass accompanied by a fugitive slave named Shields Green, whom he had brought along as a possible recruit for Brown’s band of rebels. They sat down on large rocks and discussed Brown’s plans. Brown beseeched Douglass to join his rather pathetically small band of willing warriors. “I want you for a special purpose,” Douglass remembered Brown saying to him. “When I strike, the bees will begin to swarm, and I want you to help hive them.” Douglass was dismayed; he had earlier understood that Brown really intended to liberate slaves in Virginia and funnel them into hideaways in the Appalachian Mountains. Now, Brown appeared obsessed with attacking the federal arsenal, a desperate mistake, in Douglass’s judgment. The former fugitive slave told the Kansas captain that he was “going into a perfect steel trap, and that once in he would not get out alive.” Douglass said no to Brown’s pleas, but let Shields Green decide his own fate. According to Douglass, Green said “I b’leve I’ll go wid de ole man”; he would die at Harpers Ferry.

As someone who has autistically studied the date of old John Brown the fact Shields Green was included warms my heart. It's such a fascinating moment in US history. Browns timing was way off, had he been able to muster blacks from Baltimore or DC he might have had a fighting chance. Harpers Ferry, outside of the rifles reserved there wasn't exactly a great target to begin with.

Harriet Tubman being sick, and Douglass refusing to assist didn't help matters. Granted his death and glorious hanging resulted in the Civil War, but it's still extremely peculiar to me to see Douglass, another great American who doesn't get enough attention, portrayed as a " speechifying parlor man"

There's a line in the new episode I've gone back to a few times. Told by (the fictional freed slave Onion. The only fictional person in the show I believe) "he know'd he was going to die fighting on behalf of the negro, because of the negro, but he trusted the Lord's word" after the Douglass meeting.

I'm blown away by this show quite frankly. Also the drunk dude who talks too much, fucks too much trying to talk everyone into killing the sheriff tickles me something fierce.

John Brown Gun Club is seeing an uptick in membership too. We lost a martyr from the JBGC in Washington but this show might actually invoke people to learning what a real American does to cause change.

John Brown was a true American hero. One of the only good ones at that, considering we worship a rapist human trafficker like Jefferson from elementary school on.

@Limbo Pete you really should watch this show though. I was a bit taken aback at how Douglass is portrayed. This latest episode included this factual moment.

As someone who has autistically studied the date of old John Brown the fact Shields Green was included warms my heart. It's such a fascinating moment in US history. Browns timing was way off, had he been able to muster blacks from Baltimore or DC he might have had a fighting chance. Harpers Ferry, outside of the rifles reserved there wasn't exactly a great target to begin with.

Harriet Tubman being sick, and Douglass refusing to assist didn't help matters. Granted his death and glorious hanging resulted in the Civil War, but it's still extremely peculiar to me to see Douglass, another great American who doesn't get enough attention, portrayed as a " speechifying parlor man"

There's a line in the new episode I've gone back to a few times. Told by (the fictional freed slave Onion. The only fictional person in the show I believe) "he know'd he was going to die fighting on behalf of the negro, because of the negro, but he trusted the Lord's word" after the Douglass meeting.

I'm blown away by this show quite frankly. Also the drunk dude who talks too much, fucks too much trying to talk everyone into killing the sheriff tickles me something fierce.

John Brown Gun Club is seeing an uptick in membership too. We lost a martyr from the JBGC in Washington but this show might actually invoke people to learning what a real American does to cause change.

John Brown was a true American hero. One of the only good ones at that, considering we worship a rapist human trafficker like Jefferson from elementary school on.
Yeah I really need to watch it

Yeah I really need to watch it
I realize I'm a bit biased, but the new Fargo isn't up on hulu yet and I'm too stoned to play Overwatch and fuck up my ranking so I'm rewatching the first episode. Again. But you can catch the first episode for free on Youtube

Mostly focused on Bleeding Kansas. I suppose we could say every moment in American history is underrepresented, but the Bleeding Kansas era really should he better known. John Brown started the Civil War, but it was really Bleeding Kansas that led to it happening.

It's so fucking good dude. Greatest American to ever live finally getting some fucking respect.

I realize I'm a bit biased, but the new Fargo isn't up on hulu yet and I'm too stoned to play Overwatch and fuck up my ranking so I'm rewatching the first episode. Again. But you can catch the first episode for free on Youtube

Mostly focused on Bleeding Kansas. I suppose we could say every moment in American history is underrepresented, but the Bleeding Kansas era really should he better known. John Brown started the Civil War, but it was really Bleeding Kansas that led to it happening.

It's so fucking good dude. Greatest American to ever live finally getting some fucking respect.

Oh Bleeding Kansas is insanely important. Really, you need to go back 20 or 30 years to have a full run at understanding the civil war. Or earlier lol. Impending Crisis by Potter, albeit a slightly bit dated at this point, is about the best book you'll ever find imo that explains the entire context leading up through the preceding decades.

A couple thoughts regarding the new season of the Mandalorian.
Frankly the whole thing seemed like a rip of tremors.
How did the Krayt eat a sarlec when sarlec's are much bigger?
It seemed like the writers were just trying to establish this Krayt was badder than the Sarlec Bobba Fett encountered but the whole claim did not make sense.

Why is a giant burrowing worm living in a cave?
Logically it would just burrow underground when it wants to sleep. There is not need for a cave. We partially know this because the whole premise regarding facing the krayt without using the space ship is that it will sense the vibrations and burrow deep. Again the Mando could have flown and parked the ship if that was a real concern which still would have given him access to all the ships guns once the krayt came back which would have alleviated the need to rely on sand people using bows.
The timeline seemed a bit flawed to.
If the Krayt had just woken up from a slumber I could understand the activity but as is if this is how the Krayt always is then how are there any sand people or a human village left?
its make believe...

its make believe...

The most important part of make believe is for the make believe to follow its own internal logic. Make believe or fiction can be as fantastical as the writer wants as long as it as coherent internal logic and it still can create drama and verisimilitude. When a piece of fiction fails to either establish or adhere to a set of internal rules then verisimilitude is lost which destroys the drama that is necessary for good story telling.

Oh Bleeding Kansas is insanely important. Really, you need to go back 20 or 30 years to have a full run at understanding the civil war. Or earlier lol. Impending Crisis by Potter, albeit a slightly bit dated at this point, is about the best book you'll ever find imo that explains the entire context leading up through the preceding decades.
I'll order it tomorrow, I've had it mentioned a few times to me. Brown really left an impact on Kansas/Missouri. The battles there were intense, and after he murdered those pro slavers they were so scared they'd cancel meetings if a rumor of him being around came out. They actually address the massacre in the first episode, it's a bit wrong. More than one person was marched out and killed and Brown wasn't the one to do it. His sons were.

The Bleeding Kansas portion of his life is basically in two episodes, and basically skips over the hardcore torture and forced March of one of his sons by the red shirts. Funny, they were terrified to kill his sons because they knew Brown would ride down on them. Mostly a lot of Blessing Kansas stuff outside skirmishes and town burnings was fucking horse thievery and cattle rustling lol.

I still think it's funny we attribute scalping with Natives, when confederate terrorists absolutely adored the technique. From abolitionists to union prisoners. Hell, in Texas they stripped the skin from a Reverend while he was alive for the crime of being friends with slaves.

John Brown got to Kansas to protect his sons, and what he saw there made him realize that revolution and civil war was the only option for America.

Its such a "what if" that I've thought about my entire life. Had Douglass or Tubman been there he might have been able to rally slave support outside his small group, had he killed that scumfuck Robert Lee at Harpers Ferry... If he could have gotten those guns into enslaved hands.... America would be a different nation, they were too kind to the South after the civil war. Sherman was too kind.

Every slave owning family should have been hung. Robert E Lee should have had to suffer what he forced escaped slaves to suffer. Only then imo, would there have been some semblance of justice.

giphy-downsized_s.gif

The most important part of make believe is for the make believe to follow its own internal logic. Make believe or fiction can be as fantastical as the writer wants as long as it as coherent internal logic and it still can create drama and verisimilitude. When a piece of fiction fails to either establish or adhere to a set of internal rules then verisimilitude is lost which destroys the drama that is necessary for good story telling.

case in point, the last movie which i spent a lot of time watching with these looks across my mug;

<Varys01><{vega}><WhatIsThis><{katwhu}><Huh2><SelenaWow><YeahOKJen><LikeReally5><TrumpWrong1>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back