War Room Lounge v176: So what's up with your social handicaps today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cry some more about the mods, at least when you were flailing you were entertaining.

W8UtIJZ.gif

Was just a matter of time before your pc got fried imo. I have an APC smart ups to protect my pc.

CP sine wave UPS here for them cali brownouts and blackouts.

A must for us artists ;)

Have any of you guys watched some of the Amy Coney Barrett Senate talks?

Man o Man is this woman a fucking train wreck. There isn’t a question she can give a straight answer to.
I can't watch, but I really can't watch any of these SCOTUS confirmation things unless there's a good highlight. It's always a full shitshow and the whole strategy is, necessarily, to never give any answer to anything.

Conservatives are gonna read that and be like

<Dany07>

After they pick themselves up off the floor they're gonna be like, "You want to address racial inequality? Stop killing each other, stop the hip hop culture, and get a job. Also, stop mentioning 'blacks' so much. That's divisive. We're all Americans."
Trump: vote for me or your white suburbs are going to be ruined by the blacks
Ice cube: this man is reasonable
To be serious I think his bs and macho bravado will get a half decent number of black males. His fake tough guy image seems to be adored by so many guys. Black woman won't buy it though.

I can't watch, but I really can't watch any of these SCOTUS confirmation things unless there's a good highlight. It's always a full shitshow and the whole strategy is, necessarily, to never give any answer to anything.

I watched one of Booker's segments and it was pretty rough on both sides. The questions are either transparent traps or stuff she'll refuse to discuss in any detail.

I'm not sure if anyone caught Harris' segment but there's a clip going around implying that Barrett is a climate change denier, which is very possible. However I'm not really aware of how informed you expect your judges to be on these issues, and I'm conscious that a significant amount of money and effort has gone into making the issue seem more debatable than it should be (see also: evolution). If I was being grilled for some position of importance and someone asked me if I thought COVID was transmittable and smoking causes cancer, I'd say yes, but if they followed up with "minimum wages are negatively correlated with economic growth in regions where they're enforced" I'd probably give an answer similar to hers, since my perception of the issue is that the findings are mixed (no idea what the actual state of the research is).

The problems there are (1) forcing non-experts to make strong declarative statements on scientific issues seems like an improper use of the tool, and (2) efforts to muddy the waters on public debates about issues where there's an expert consensus offer shockingly high ROIs.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back