War Room Lounge v157: They have boats?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personal opinion: Trump's hair is not nearly as bad as Mark Davis's hair

BNG-L-RAIDERS-0101-10.jpg

144928399.jpg
What in the

He's actually, IIRC, a pretty darn decent person as far as sports team owners go. And he's rich as hell. Apparently he just really likes having a fucking bowl cut.

And he drives this:
TDb58oQ.png

CvAhj98VUAAFUmZ.jpg

I'm not sure he made the right call with the license plate, though. Phonetically, it comes out to Rate Hers.
Yeah that doesn't make sense.

I don't think anyone is making the argument that white people only like those movies because of those features, or even that the features were purposeful by the creative minds behind the films, stories
OK but this...
Yep, I don't know that there's a word for it, but it's definitely a movie trope for East Asians and Native Americans to be inhuman mediums through which white characters gain self-realization..
...is a pretty serious accusation. How else should it be interpreted? The Last Samurai and Dances With Wolves were white people making a movie to dehumanize non-white folks? I just don't get that way of thinking. It's like me being pissed off that Django Unchained was unflattering of whities.

Mark Davis and Clark Hunt , proof that inherited wealth is cancerous

Haha, I'd actually say he provides a contrary example! From everything I've read, Mark is a much better person than his father. Whereas Trump gambled big with his father's money and nearly squandered it all and then turned himself into a market predator with a legendarily lavish and wasteful lifestyle, Mark Davis is living a relatively modest life and is a much more humble and effective owner than his father. Al micromanaged the Raiders into shit with his awful hubris, whereas Mark has stayed out of personnel decisions for the most part.

Edit

Last edited:
OK but this...

...is a pretty serious accusation. How else should it be interpreted? The Last Samurai and Dances With Wolves

It's not an accusation. It's just a fact. Just like the magical negro was a trope. It's entirely possible that in plenty of those depictions the artist wanted to portray black figures positively or give black actors representation on screen, but with the incentives in place (namely, connecting a white audience to the perspective and tribulations of the white protagonist) it ends up being, in retrospect, mystifying and dehumanizing as an appendage to the more layered white character.

It's not an accusation. It's just a fact. Just like the magical negro was a trope. It's entirely possible that in plenty of those depictions the artist wanted to portray black figures positively or give black actors representation on screen, but with the incentives in place (namely, connecting a white audience to the perspective and tribulations of the white protagonist) it ends up being, in retrospect, mystifying and dehumanizing as an appendage to the more layered white character.
Like Dr. Evil, he's Belgian and yes he's a supergenius crimelord but he's also unstable and just a big joke in the end. It's probably meant to humanize us and put us on the map, but I think it didn't have the intended effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back