• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

War Room Lounge v153: Without Floyd it's an amazing sport.

Status
Not open for further replies.
People disgust me
I really don’t understand the hate, the media twists and manipulate everything when it comes to him. This is the only president in my lifetime that didn’t actively bomb other countries, yet they make him out to be the devil

TDS is a two-way street.

<Prem973>

How does the school allow this? Looks like they encouraged it or set it up. Not excusing the officers either. I just can’t even...
I posted a video awhile back of the police officer who bragged about how many children he arrested dragging a sobbing 9 year old to his squad car while smiling. Who remained on the force despite a fuck ton of complaints (and a child abuse charge I believe)

Or the Colorado officer I provided a video of that beat a quadriplegic teenager then arrested another handicapped kid for recording him who is still on the force.

They all deserved it I'm sure, like I said. I'll never doubt the police again.

@Prokofievian
@Gandhi

Do either of you play deep half? I play half guard a lot and I’m surprised how I never got into this. The sweeps are so simple to learn. I’m sure I’ll get stuffed more but I’m sure there’s a right and wrong time to shoot for it.

Who mentioned Dalton? We were discussing Brosnan's terrible movies.
He was after Dalton right? Big step up. And while the movies did get progressively worse, I blame the production team and the writers, not Brosnan.

TDS is a two-way street.

It's good to know that all those bombs Trump dropped were dropped passively

blog_civilian_deaths_iraq_syria2.gif

Drone-screenshot-2-3.png

isp_seventeen-years_fig4c_PREsfol.original.png

So I had to respond to a call at a strip club the other day, strippers in surgical masks might be the funniest thing I've ever seen in my life.
Nice. Modding has its perks I guess.

Not gonna lie, that sounds hot. Probably because most have busted faces, and their dead eyes pair well with the ninja look.

It's good to know that all those bombs Trump dropped were dropped passively

blog_civilian_deaths_iraq_syria2.gif

Drone-screenshot-2-3.png

isp_seventeen-years_fig4c_PREsfol.original.png
Could have sworn I keep getting told is a great peace keeper and against needless foreign conflict. Weird.

@Prokofievian
@Gandhi

Do either of you play deep half? I play half guard a lot and I’m surprised how I never got into this. The sweeps are so simple to learn. I’m sure I’ll get stuffed more but I’m sure there’s a right and wrong time to shoot for it.

I spent a fair amount (not massive but some time) learning a bunch of deep half guard from a kesting seminar as well as via some private lessons from one of our black belts (the different leg /arm positions, rollforward, roll back, back take, elevator, as well some GI grip roll backs). But I was never able to get it into an active part of my game however. Similar to some versions of the triple attack, its not always easy to get deep on someone without getting the cross face of death.

I think I could spend several months just learning the positional / defense aspects of half guard before I go back into it. But right now I am (well when I get back into it I fell of the wagon a bit) all open guard (did the kesting spider g series and now I am doing his new Jon Thomas one).

Do you like to get underneath in half, if so then moving to and from deep half is great. You can work the normal triple attack series from normal underneath guard and then switch to deep and really destabilize him. Obviously need to watch the kimura, knee bar, and even Gi choke and you can get smashed but if you like half, you should add it. Pretty sure the Giles set has some deep in it, don't u have that one?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back