WAR ROOM LOUNGE V15: Lunge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Admittedly it's a neboulous concept, but it's my firm view that It depends on how much an individual values the idea of valor or honor as it relates to any closed hierachy.

In my city, before they got absorbed by the Hells Angels, there was this one percent motorcycle club called the Satan's Choice. An aquaintance of mine who liked to to drink and snort would heavily imply he was a part of that organization at parties,and at the local bars. Someone eventually poisoned his two juvenille rotweilers. People take that shit seriously. With the stolen valor thing you are laying claim to the "social perks" that come with the designation you've adopted. These are perks that others have suffered and died for.

Make no mistake, I don't worship uniforms, but I do understand that there are heirarchies in society.

Buk lied to me for three years. He wasn't my friend friend or nothing, but we had lengthy personal chats, and I grew used to the image I had of him...it strikes me as intensely dishonerable to lie for clout. It just taints everything else.

Wouldn't it twist your shit if you found out a aquaintence had been mistrespresenting himself for bullshit?

As usual, you managed to totally sidestep the main point. To what do you attribute your 3rd world rates of death during childbirth? Do you think letting women die, essentially right in front of you for no good reason, is MAGA?

Edit: this was a much better reply,

This post is a factual representation of what you voted for. This is not a group of people focused on freedoms.
I've never heard that the USA has 3rd world rates of death during childbirth.

Are you relating this back to Trump and my previous post somehow?

What's the story here?

Dude told me he was a Navy Seal. Said to keep it lowkey because of "security reasons."

I stupidly believed him.

Imagine finding out Nhbear was lying about being a cop after years of listeningto his ancedotes and picturing him as what he presented himas.

Wouldn't you feel a bit...let down in a way?

Admittedly it's a neboulous concept, but it's my firm view that It depends on how much an individual values the idea of valor or honor as it relates to any closed hierachy.

In my city, before they got absorbed by the Hells Angels, there was this one percent motorcycle club called the Satan's Choice. An aquaintance of mine who liked to to drink and snort would heavily imply he was a part of that organization at parties,and at the local bars. Someone eventually poisoned his two juvenille rotweilers. People take that shit seriously. With the stolen valor thing you are laying claim to the "social perks" that come with the designation you've adopted. These are perks that others have suffered and died for.

Make no mistake, I don't worship uniforms, but I do understand that there are heirarchies in society.

Buk lied to me for three years. He wasn't my friend friend or nothing, but we had lengthy personal chats, and I grew used to the image I had of him...it strikes me as intensely dishonerable to lie for clout. It just taints everything else.

Wouldn't it twist your shit if you found out a aquaintence had been mistrespresenting himself for bullshit?

They killed his dogs? Hope that pussy went to war after that. Also, biker gangs are so fucking lame. It's like a senior citizen chapter of a small dicks club.

I gotta get a new keyboard. Thisis bullshit

Who the hell let this guy back in?

I just decided to come back, and Lead and some mods asked me if I wanted the name ripskater back. I said yes, that would be nice, and they did that for me yesterday.

Hats off to them, that was a nice gesture.

Dude told me he was a Navy Seal. Said to keep it lowkey because of "security reasons."

I stupidly believed him.

Imagine finding out Nhbear was lying about being a cop after years of listeningto his ancedotes and picturing him as what he presented himas.

Wait.....so you're saying there's a chance that @TheComebackKid isn't black?

200.gif

I stupidly believed him.

How did you find out he wasn't a Seal?

They killed his dogs? Hope that pussy went to war after that. Also, biker gangs are so fucking lame. It's like a senior citizen chapter of a small dicks club.

He did the exact opposite. Didn't even call the cops. Just hid in his mom's house and kind of just faded into the background after being the town "heavy" for so long. Everyone else was actually more outraged then he was. It'ssuch a low thing to do, poisoning dogs smh.

Again, we should have known: If i were a biker I wouldn't be bragging about it to drunk strangers.
But my friend and I were younger, and i had very littleexperience with that kind of shit.

He did the exact opposite. Didn't even call the cops. Just hid in his mom's house and kind of just faded into the background after being the town "heavy" for so long. Everyone else was actually more outraged then he was. It'ssuch a low thing to do, poisoning dogs smh.

Again, we should have known: If i were a biker I wouldn't be bragging about it to drunk strangers.
But my friend and I were younger, and i had very littleexperience with that kind of shit.
That story hits home, poisoning those rotts. I had to put down my rott last week. He was a rott mix. Man he was strong, could run, jump like nothing else! Just powerful. He just got old and had problems and it was time. Best dog I will ever have. Gentle with all my kids, wife, the cat, and watched our house like a hawk.

How did you find out he wasn't a Seal?

I was following a nerco thread that had paticularly nasty exchange with Fawlty (I also sometimes scan obituaries *shrugs*) and some other dude that was talking shit about his kids. I think it was Limbo Pete and Donsnitch that mentioned it. There was also another thread in the Mayberry earlier this year about it but i can't find it.

No, it's not just the way he is in the sense that I believe the continual deflection and dodging is deliberate and calculated trolling. I don't believe it's just cognitive dissonance. If it is, it's extreme.
nailed it

Theres nothing for me to be outraged about this morning. Not a good start to the week.

I was following a nerco thread that had paticularly nasty exchange with Fawlty (I also sometimes scan obituaries *shrugs*) and some other dude that was talking shit about his kids. I think it was Limbo Pete and Donsnitch that mentioned it. There was also another thread in the Mayberry earlier this year about it but i can't find it.

I don't understand this post. What is "nerco"? Obituaries? What did Limbo Pete and dontsnitch mention? Is Limbo Pete a Seal? (that would frankly lower my opinion of him haha).

Well now i'm curious
To be clear, i'm not sure who you're even talking about

No, it's not just the way he is in the sense that I believe the continual deflection and dodging is deliberate and calculated trolling. I don't believe it's just cognitive dissonance. If it is, it's extreme.

Uncertainty is the compelling element when dowsing legitimacy, don'tyou think?

Like when i used to smoke pot and I'd have grab from a dealer I've never fucked with before because the dispensary would get shut down: Will he rip me off? Will the shit be good? Will the count be right? Is he even going to show up? Is it a good idea I gave him my address?

That kind of theatre is actually as big deal for a papmpered first-worlder like myself.

With my Sherdog habit, I'm making a similar intellectual investment to seriously engage Ripskater in a meaningful fashion with the hope that I get a decent return by way of him acknowledging the rules of discourse (the main pillar of any legitimate discourse is the truth imo).

I admit to having a semi-blind spot in that we both worship the same God (more or less) and he gets shit on for it - although a goodly portion of that is by his own doing.

But I can sympathize wit him, or his personna: nearly all my collegues at work,while good people in their way, are either staunch athiests or some type battyboi or battyboi varient. They aren't shy about openly slagging my religion, or using exceptionally gross locker talk about their exploits right in front of me.

And I gotta eat it because thats just way things are right now.

There is a good chance that Ripskater is troll, that TCK is actually internet blackface. But there is alsoa good chance that both of them are not. I have no way of really knowing unless something happens the way it happened with Buk.

Even then, because of the inherantly combative, tribalisitc nature of this forum sometimes I'll willingly lapse into some Slim Charles type pragmatism:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back