War on a social website, Daniel Ghi on Glory champion Rico Verhoeven

Discussion in 'Muay Thai and Kickboxing' started by Broadcast, Jan 4, 2015.

1. Broadcast

Broadcast Black Belt

It just started again! No war or words yet though since there is no Dutch reply.

[​IMG]

2. bunse

bunse White Belt

Ghita should change his name to Butthurt

3. Broadcast

Broadcast Black Belt

He"s very frustrated indeed. :icon_chee But kinda right.

4. in10sive

in10sive Blue Belt

What a sissy.

5. anorak

anorak Brown Belt

War?

6. frystyle

frystyle Blue Belt

Not again please. Stop this shit or fight eachother again in a different organisation.

7. kwankaodaddy

kwankaodaddy Orange Belt

Maybe Ghita think he can act like a real champ by batching the others. Real gentleman.

8. TonyK

TonyK Brown Belt

The fight was close enough for Rico to be champ, if Ghita was robbed - it wasn't as clear as he thinks.

9. effin

effin Purple Belt

This! The shit talk was ok before their second fight. Now, after that fight in which Ghita demonstrated he was all words, no heart, he should just shut up, it just looks pathetic.

p.s. The Savage Butthurt or maybe The Butthurt Samurai? :)

Last edited: Jan 4, 2015
  10. Snubnoze707

Snubnoze707 High Level

vs Verhoven

0-2

Vs Saki

0-2

Maybe he should worry about becoming a better fighter...

11. whitesport

whitesport Brown Belt

Hope Balrak kicks his ass again, so he

12. Bang Rachan

Bang Rachan Brown Belt

Saki was robbed against Rico too. Fake champion of the world!

Anyway once Andrei beats Mwakessa, Calvalari, Ilunga and Stoica he will show his quality against Spong and Saki.

Then he will go up to heavyweight and beat the others so he can face Ghita and then we will see who the real & true heavyweight champion of the world is

13. Bang Rachan

Bang Rachan Brown Belt

F glory for screwing Rico over. It is ridiculous. That long without a fight and he is one of their champions. It is outrageous.

Anyway onto the next one. Zimmerman will beat him then Ghita and Verhooven in a 3rd for a chance to gettheir bones crushed.

Hpefully this fight got the ring rust of Rico though. Even though I chat shit about him he is a decent fighter

14. sparkles

sparkles Purple Belt

Ghita is a great and skilled fighter. The only thing he lacks is stamina really. If he had a better gass tank, he would be able to score more along with the devastatin strikes he already delivers. He doesn't need to do these kind of things though.

In his last encounter with Verhoeven, he did some serious damage and I think he wasn't too far from winning by stoppage. To take away a title, you need to do a bit more though.

15. Blobtheblobfish

Blobtheblobfish Chimichanga

What? His stamina has been fine his past fights. It's when fighters use a lot of pressure on him, whether or not it is actually damaging (Rico and Saki for example). Ghita is well rounded, his left hook is strong, his kicks are still good and his defense is solid as well, it's just that he doesn't excel in one area specifically like Saki whose pressure is unmatched in the HW division. Plus, he doesn't always have the best gameplan going into big fights.

16. jj manchester

jj manchester Internets. Serious Business.

his gameplan against verhoeven in their second fight was the worst i have ever seen in a professional fight. OK, throw the first round away to make a point that Rico doesnt attack or create pressure as you claim, but to do nothing for two rounds?

Listen to his corner in that fight - "WAIT DANIEL! WAIT!" - for the first two, three rounds. Wait, wait... oh fuck the fight is over and you didnt do anything.

He should have pressured early and often in that fight, like he did vs Zimmerman in Tokyo. Rico was expecting that, granted, but expecting something and dealing with it when it happens are two different things. It was and remains Daniel's best chance against Rico or anyone.

I feel like he also doesnt respond well to fights going against him. When he feels like he is getting the worst of it, he loses confidence, whereas i think Rico has a lot stronger self-belief.

17. irish_thug

irish_thug Meme Mod Staff Member Senior Moderator

I honestly thought Ghita was the future of heavy weight kickboxing when I first saw him in 2009. Lately it doesn't look like I'm watching the same fighter.