War Kimonos

i guy i train with had one with camoflauge on the shoulders which was boss.

you might know him if you train at Renzo's, opie? yes, no? we train at matt's school.

We have a review on our site.... I have one myself. Looks good but I don't like them. Mine shrunk like buggery. Trousers especially. The Gold is okay but the normal is at best a decent cheap gi. The camo stripe though does look good. Test of the patches are not great quality at all.
Kimono reviews

Very good and reliable kimono, the collar is really thick and the pants have an extra single weave layer on the knees. There is also a promotion on our website and you'll receive a free beanie when you order a War Gi.

Thanks Jackdaniels and thanks Google.

BFW TEAM

Have to totally disagree with BFW... I have owned one for the past twelve months and have worn it no more than a few times because of the quality. Like I said, it shrinks like no gi I have seen. The single weave on the legs looks awful and isn't comfortable. We used to sell them but decided against stocking any more. Unless you want a really cheap gi... don't bother.

Fightgear UK said:
Have to totally disagree with BFW... I have owned one for the past twelve months and have worn it no more than a few times because of the quality. Like I said, it shrinks like no gi I have seen. The single weave on the legs looks awful and isn't comfortable. We used to sell them but decided against stocking any more. Unless you want a really cheap gi... don't bother.

Unless it is pre-shrunk, every single weave gi shrinks up to 5% of its size after you wash it and I don't think that the War gi shrinks more or less than other gi's. Did you use hot water to wash or used the dryer machine?

I've been training BJJ for more than 12 years and I have used most gi's available here in Brazil, I own a War gi and I like them because of the way they fit and because of the thicker collar that makes it harder for your opponent grab, I'm using my second War gi and the first one lasted for almost 2 and a half years ( please note that since I have other kimonos I didn't use them everyday ). I personally don't care about the design or the patches because I like the gi's with nothing on it but I have to say that I hear a lot of people saying they like the camo on the shoulders. I have no complaints about the War gi.

Pedro Barcellos, Founder
BFW

Hi Pedro
What surprised me and disappointed me about the WAR was the shrinkage on the trousers rather than the top. I also agree on the camo stripes on the shoulders (the reason I got one). If it wasn't for the trousers I would have said it was a decent gi. As I said initially, I haven't seent he Gold ones so am not sure if the trousers on those are any better.
Good to see you having some input Pedro.

I'm glad that some gi's are not preshrunk. I really don't think I'll be using the Gameness gi till I can get that shit to shrink down to my size. I'm gonna have to try every technique my mother knows to get it to atleast soften up or something. It's an awesome gi really, but I like that snug fit my first gi gives me.. makes me feel ready to grapple and shit.

There is a little particularity about the fabric used on the pants. Almost all the kimono brands here in Brazil buy their fabric from the same company, after the fabric is made, before being cut to make the product, the fabric needs to rest for a short period to keep it from over shrinking when in use. I think that is something really hard for the kimono companies to deal with since they have a big turnover. In my oppinion this is what makes one gi shrinks more than others, even if they are made by the same company.

Hey Roy, thanks man, keep up the good work!!

Ive had mine just over a year and love it. I switch it with another gi so it dosen't get to play everyday tho. The pants fit the best. They are short, but not too short. I have plenty of room to move around, almost as good as shorts. The top was big but fits good now. I have the A4 (6'2"-190lbs) just wash it in cold water and shrink it in the dryer until it fits and then hang dry from now on. Very thick collar, and damn it looks sick!!!

Back