Wandy banned for 3 years (retroactive May 2014)

The NSAC has 0 jurisdiction over other countries or even other states....hence the name STATE Athletic commission. Wandy is free to fight in any state or country he wants to. The only issue is that within the US most states will honor other states' suspensions. Or if you somehow get licensed to fight in another state or country while suspended by NSAC they will never re-license you to fight in their state.
So basically if Wandy doesn't ever care about fighting in Nevada again he's free to do whatever he wants to do. He can go overseas or fight in a different state. But again the states honor each other's suspensions.

The NSAC has 0 jurisdiction over other countries or even other states....hence the name STATE Athletic commission. Wandy is free to fight in any state or country he wants to. The only issue is that within the US most states will honor other states' suspensions. Or if you somehow get licensed to fight in another state or country while suspended by NSAC they will never re-license you to fight in their state.
So basically if Wandy doesn't ever care about fighting in Nevada again he's free to do whatever he wants to do. He can go overseas or fight in a different state. But again the states honor each other's suspensions.

How is he free to fight in another state if the states honor each other's suspensions? Do you read what you post? Any ABC member will honor a suspension issued by any other member. Brazil honors US suspensions now too. And Bellator/WSOF/UFC aren't booking anyone who's suspended.

Wanderlei is either sitting out for another year and a bit, or he's fighting in Japan and Russia.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2015/7/1...join-forces-for-new-drug-testing-program-peds

If Wanderlei fights overseas during his suspension, we will probably never see him fight in America again. I doubt he would ever get re-licensed.
it would be fitting to end his career in Japan anyways.

The NSAC is out of line, and breaking the law.

Wand will come out victorious in the end.

War Wanderlei !!!!!

War Fedor even more, if they fight :)

How is he free to fight in another state if the states honor each other's suspensions? Do you read what you post? Any ABC member will honor a suspension issued by any other member. Brazil honors US suspensions now too. And Bellator/WSOF/UFC aren't booking anyone who's suspended.

Wanderlei is either sitting out for another year and a bit, or he's fighting in Japan and Russia.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2015/7/1...join-forces-for-new-drug-testing-program-peds

Sorry...what I meant and should have clarified is that *technically* he is free to fight in any other state. He's not actually suspended in California for example. However the states honor other states' suspensions.
So ya, it was more in response to someone asking if Nevada had jurisdiction in other states or countries. And technically the do not but the the commisions in states and some countries seem to have a handshake agreement to honor each others' rules.

I do think he'll end up in Japan. He's already a huge star there. He doesn't have a lot left in the tank for the UFC anymore.

the state of Nevada can ban you from competition in other countries?!that sounds like complete bullshit. Not calling you liar as I have no idea myself but that is fucked up if they have that power.
They usually make it a stipulation when they hand out a lighter sentence. It's like instead of banning you for a year or 2 years. We will only ban u for 9 months if u promise not to compete anywhere outside our jurisdiction. Something. But a 3 year ban is anything but lenient.

Back