Wanderlei Silva plans to 'hang' Quinton Jackson on the ropes in fifth fight

Winner ?

• Wanderlei

Votes: 26 36.1%
  • Rampage

Votes: 46 63.9%

• Total voters
The fight to make while both of them were in Bellator was against Melvin Manhoef...instead they matched Wandy with Rampage

Wanderlei-SIlva-and-Quentin-Jackson.jpg

Rarely has a rivalry been so prolific that the competitors want to face one another a fifth time.

At Pride Final Conflict 2003, Wanderlei Silva and Quinton Jackson battled it out in the finals of the 2003 middleweight (205 pounds) tournament. After six-plus minutes of combat, Silva emerged the victor courtesy of a seemingly unending series of knees and soccer kicks. The two met again nearly one year later at Pride 28, this time for the Pride middleweight strap on the line. Silva ultimately decimated his rival with knees in the second stanza, causing a bloodied “Rampage” to fall through the ropes after getting knocked out.

The story was not over despite two knockout victories in favor of the Brazilian, as both former Pride Fighting Championships fighters made their way to the Ultimate Fighting Championship after the former’s dissolution. At UFC 92 in December 2008, the 205-pound sluggers met for a third time in a title eliminator, and Jackson got the upper hand by starching Silva with a left hook and a few follow-up punches.

Both men departed the UFC banner and traveled to Bellator MMA, where almost a decade after their third encounter, they fought for a fourth time at Bellator 206. Unlike the first three matches, this bout took place at heavyweight, as Jackson no longer could reach the 206-pound limit. “Rampage” evened the score at two wins apiece by clubbing Silva with a flurry that forced referee Mike Beltran to step in.

Over 20 years after their first fight, the two want to settle the score in a fifth clash, however different from the rest. In a recent interview on “The MMA Hour,” Jackson discussed his upcoming boxing match with Shannon Briggs, while also mentioning he would not mind taking on Rashad Evans or Silva after defeating Briggs in June. “The Axe Murderer” replied on social media shortly after that, with a video where he accepted Jackson’s challenge.

“Get ready, Quinton Jackson,” Silva stated, “your time is coming. The challenge is more than accepted, and Wand will hang you on the ropes again.”

Health obviously isn't a concern for either fighter at this point. But, skill is. I don't want to see how badly either person declined.

A fifth match is fine. But, let's be realistic. This should be an eating contest, not an MMA Fight.

I’m not sure what wanderlei is up to these days but Rampage has his Jaxxon podcast which is honestly probably the best mma content out there right now.
Ya. But it’s a new podcast and who knows if he’s been able to really monetize it yet. But it’s a good move by him.

Gotta see how Rampage does against Briggs first, but voted Rampage anyhow.

Wasn't the 4th fight a horrible fight with both men being gassed and out of shape?

I have no idea why anybody would watch a 5th fight but I guess Wandy declining a fight wouldn't be very "Axe Murderer" mind set at any age.
RIP but did you ever watch kimbo vs dada5000? Worst fight in history but one of the few times I’ve legitimately lol’d watching something. Could be entertaining 😂

They are both bums now but Rampage would probably sleep Wanderlei again

Wanderlei just needs to stop....he mailed it in against both Chael and Hampage last time and that was years ago, zero interest in seeing him fight in 2024

There was an above shot of Wanderlei shaking, knocked out, doing convulsions after Rampage KO'd him.

It's so unsettling UFC removed it.

I had a GIF for a long time, but it's gone and hard to find.

Still not as brutal as when the ref lifted Quinton's lifeless body from the ropes and all you could see was a stream of blood pouring out of his face.

The nastiest KO I've ever seen, horror movie shit.

I'll believe the fight when I see it.. My friend told me Rampage vs Briggs was finally official, also I remember a few months ago Rampage was supposed to fight the dude he called "titties".

It honestly surprises me that Wanderlei has barely fought in the last 10 years. He seemed like one of those guys who would never give it up, but the guy essentially retired in his mid 30s.

These days, when a popular fighter retires, you pretty much expect them to pop up somewhere eventually, either in BKFC or a Jake Paul fight.

They are both bums now but Rampage would probably sleep Wanderlei again

I find that a bit harsh.
Getting old does not make you a bum,

That said this is a fight that should not happen.
Its just sad and adds nothing.

People should know when to call it quits for good.

Would be about as necessary as Royce Vs Shamrock 3

I didn't even remember that they fought in Bellator, but not surprised to see that Wand lost. And haven't really heard about Wand for many years now, felt like he went a bit mental/full retard a couple of years ago and lost some fans, or at least me as a fan. Anyways, bad idea, Wand's chin might be worse than Iceman's and Rampage may be fat but he can take a punch.

Silva is a stoner and has brain damage. Hopefully he was just drunk and doesn't remember saying this

I realize Rampage was like 300 lb in their last fight but damn man. Wandy had a dad bod and looked so undersized, outgunned etc. Seeing Silva back pedal into the cage right before getting knocked out is a sad sight. Same deal with Liddell vs Ortiz 3.

Back