Wanderlei Silva not on July card says Dana White; Sonnen v Belfort at 185 (Updated)

as if the sport didn't already look enough like a joke...thanks Wand

Wand took the TUF money and ran.

Dana is pissed.

I've enjoyed Wand's fights just like anyone else, but if he's let Zuffa down this badly I can't exactly feel bad for him.

Awesome. Please let it be true. Rampage vs Wanderlei 4 and Ortiz vs Silva II here we come.

am i the only one who doesnt give a shit about any of this soap opera UFC bullshit?

I'm sure there a plenty of people that care even less than you. They're the ones not posting in the forums.

You fine and suspend him. Treat him like he failed. Done and done.

I see your point and respect your loyalty to the guy.

And if there wasn't a new scrutiny on Testing, if the UFC wasn't paying almost 40K to do extra testing per fighter and if they didn't do an entire season of TUF to promote this fight...he may of just been suspended.

But the UFC invested a ton of money and exposure in building this fight....only to have the guy run out the door. Wand is awesome, but he handcuffed the UFC and forced their hand.

Any other company would do the same to their employee.

not really thrilled that vitor now has to cut down to 185 and do a camp in a month for sonnen.. vitor is putting a lot on the line here, still think he will come out on top

Wand took the TUF money and ran.

Dana is pissed.

Absolutely. Wand weasled his way out of 4 fights with Chael. Wand did not even submit an application this time around (lol). What does that tell you? He wanted no part of Chael but talked so much crap this past year. He confronts Chael at the Expo with his camera crew, acts like a little kid at times during TUF, puts out stupid videos, but runs away 4 times this past year when Dana wants to make this fight. Glad he is done.

You fine and suspend him. Treat him like he failed. Done and done.

The failure to apply of a license and take a drug test was simply the final straw. Wanderlei has said that he is willing to fight Sonnen, but has stalled and ultimately refused to go through with that by not getting a license. He wasted the UFC's time and money promoting that matchup with TUF Brazil.

Hahahaha.
Remember who is one of the reasons this piece of shit sport is even still alive today.

Oh yeah he really saved the sport selling those crazy 50k buys while he headlined for Pride :D

Wand was a crazy exciting fighter but he didn't do much to bring the sport to the mainstream. That was Tito, Randy, Liddell who in terms of popularity to the casual fan outshine him by far.

I'm pretty sure no fighter has ever done what Wand did, just not show up for his medical exams and test to get licensed for a fight.

I'm sure any fighter would be cut for doing that. Chael tested positive for synthetic testosterone but he came and took the tests and got his fight license and fought.

Wand ducked the fight completely. Never even got a license. Or took the test.

Again, I'm pretty sure no other fighter has ever just straight up not gotten a license and completely ducked everything.

If wand would have just showed up and took the test and failed or whatever he wouldn't have been cut. I'm almost sure of that.
Yup, see Overeem. He may have tested positive for elevated testosterone, but he did at least give a piss test.

Wand didn't even try.

Nice. Does this mean that he's not gonna post a video of himself?

Back