Wanderlei Silva not on July card says Dana White; Sonnen v Belfort at 185 (Updated)

Wand has 0. I fail to see your point.

You said that Chael keeps failing PED tests and gets title shots.

I said that he only ever failed once, and he earned all of title shots (bar Jones, but even that was stepping up) beforehand.

Wand had a good legacy,it's about time he retired anyway.

Wanderlei han't even failed a drug test. All we know is Chael said he ran away from it.
Some sherdoggers here just like to kick man on the ground no matter how much of a legend he is.

How is it worse? That makes 0 sense. A guy cheating and getting caught is better than just not getting to fight because you avoid a test you were probably going to fail? They got a replacement, so the fight didn't get cancelled.

No logic at all.

He should be fined and suspended, like he failed, like everyone else.

But he didn't fail, or even get a license to fight. So you can't do that. It's fucking illegal as Dana would say.

Of course it's worse because he essentially avoided any punishment or testing positive. By just ducking it all together.

How do you not understand that?

I'm pretty sure no fighter has ever done what Wand did, just not show up for his medical exams and test to get licensed for a fight.

I'm sure any fighter would be cut for doing that. Chael tested positive for synthetic testosterone but he came and took the tests and got his fight license and fought.

Wand ducked the fight completely. Never even got a license. Or took the test.

Again, I'm pretty sure no other fighter has ever just straight up not gotten a license and completely ducked everything.

If wand would have just showed up and took the test and failed or whatever he wouldn't have been cut. I'm almost sure of that.

You don't seem to have a very long memory then, Overeem did basically the same thing a couple of years ago. Difference is I'd say Overeem was very hot at that point having just beaten Brock and couldn't be let go for fear a rival org might pick him up.

I'm not really seeing how that is any worse morally that failing a test, indeed I'd say its somewhat better since at least we don't have direct evidence Wanderlei cheated in a fight. The difference of course though is that a failed test AFTER a fight means the UFC still get their money from promoting said fight.

Ironic really that being subbed by Anderson may well have saved Chael Sonnens UFC career, if he'd won that match and then failed a test I can't imagine Zuffa would have been happy with a messed up title scene.

i dont like all the celebration over this. As of the way it looks right now its a sad and awkward ending for one of the most entertaining careers ever

Actually it is.

Man up and fail the test at least gets you a shred of respect.

Running out the door when the UFC probably paid the 20-40k to book the test - no respect at all. After talking all that crap about Sonnen, after investing in an entire season of TUF....

I'm a wand fan but he totally screwed the UFC by simply running from a test.

Failing a test is just as bad. We can agree to disagree. I never knew cheating was considered better than just avoiding a test, cheap shots after the bell and so on.

UFC's logic is awesome!

You don't seem to have a very long memory then, Overeem did basically the same thing a couple of years ago.

I'm not really seeing how that is any worse morally that failing a test, indeed I'd say its somewhat better since at least we don't have direct evidence Wanderlei cheated in a fight. The difference of course though is that a failed test AFTER a fight means the UFC still get their money from promoting said fight.

Ironic really that being subbed by Anderson may well have saved Chael Sonnens UFC career, if he'd won that match and then failed a test I can't imagine Zuffa would have been happy with a messed up title scene.

I thought Overeem's mom was sick? That's a valid excuse...

You don't seem to have a very long memory then, Overeem did basically the same thing a couple of years ago.

Overeem still took a test though. If he would have outright refused to take it he would have been fired. He missed the one in Vegas but explained that to the UFC so they could set up one for him in Europe, that he actually took.

Also, it is worse morally because it's him trying to save face and avoid punishment.

Overseen could have done that same thing, just not shown up in Europe and never tested positive. But he manned up and took the punishment and that stain on his career forever. Something Wand clearly couldn't handle

But he didn't fail, or even get a license to fight. So you can't do that. It's fucking illegal as Dana would say.

Of course it's worse because he essentially avoided any punishment or testing positive. By just ducking it all together.

How do you not understand that?

You fine and suspend him. Treat him like he failed. Done and done.

i dont like all the celebration over this. As of the way it looks right now its a sad and awkward ending for one of the most entertaining careers ever

As a Wand fan, I'm pretty bummed about this outcome.

Imagine what would happen if the entire UFC roster were tested right now. I'm thinking we might lose 50% of the fighters.

I can't believe the fight is off over a drug test. Is this serious? Idc about the Ultimate Fighter anymore but this is why it's stupid anyway. Lesnar JDS Overeem. Liddel Tito Franklin. Sonnen Vitor Wand. bellator

Beautiful.

I only wish it could've happened sooner.

am i the only one who doesnt give a shit about any of this soap opera UFC bullshit?

Failing a test is just as bad. We can agree to disagree. I never knew cheating was considered better than just avoiding a test, cheap shots after the bell and so on.

UFC's logic is awesome!

Don't you get it?

Avoiding the test = using PED's with no punishment

Taking the test and failing = using PED's followed by tons of punishment

It's not rocket science.

You fine and suspend him. Treat him like he failed. Done and done.

You can't do that. Because he didn't fail anything. The people who fine and suspend are the athletic commission. Seeing as he has no license with the AC they can't do anything at all to him.

Back