Television WANDAVISION Discussion (Dragonlord's Review)

If you have seen the whole season of WANDAVISION, how would you rate it?

• Total voters
@Dragonlordxxxxx @Loiosh Haven't read thru the thread, has an A.I.M. theory been tossed around yet?
Bee keeper in the sewer makes me think A.I.M (and therefore probably M.O.D.O.K.) are behind this.

I see that others have played around with theories.

I don't have a theory, but then I rarely do except when clues jump out at me.

I thought they were decent. It’s gonna be a slow burn with this one.

I understand now why they dropped the first two episodes together. I would have been pissed if I'd had to wait a full week for the second episode. Olsen wearing that outfit not withstanding.

Also,

I'm pretty sure something must be up with Agnes' husband. She mentions him repeatedly, but we never actually see him. Her comment about the Devil not just being in the details may be connected to that...

Lemme esplain:

SHIELD is gone. It’s now SWORD. Their logo is all over the first two episodes. The “beekeeper” is an agent. Their logo is on the back of his “hazmat” suit

Agnes is (most likely) Agatha Harkness, a witch who trained Wanda in the comics. Obviously her role in the show whatever it is remains to be seen

A (semi-) common tv tactic is the “unseen” spouse:
Norm - Vera
Niles - Maris
Mrs. Columbo

Agnes’s husband could be just that, but there is a lot of interweb speculation he is Mephisto

Clearly this is some kind of pocket dimension Wanda is in living out the life she wanted with Vision. Also clearly the “sitcom” within the show is progressing through time. Episode 1 was a call to the 50s: The Dick van Dyke Show. Episode 2, the 60s: Bewitched. No doubt Episode 3 (now in color) will be 70s, probably The Brady Bunch. Based on very little info so far, Episode 4 seems to be possibly Family Ties. Each decade jump, reality seems to intrude more and more into the pocket dimension, as Wanda’s “sitcom” existences get closer to present MCU times and the twins they have get older. BTW, since Vision is a synthetic man, he of course cannot have children. In the comics, Wanda’s twins come from Mephisto - time will tell how it shakes out in the show/MCU. Be patient and let it all play out ffs. Sit back, watch, and enjoy, you impatient children JFC #eyeroll

Just watched both episode super short but I have no idea what to think about it

This is the starting point of making Wanda Evil and the Villain for Phase 4.

The show is happening in Wanda's head. She is in a coma or something and being allow to dream up the perfect life for herself and this is what she is seeing. Now there are clues that the outside world is coming in with the radio talking and stop it glitches.

Ok but here is what I and thinking. I am thinking whoever has Wanda is keeping her cause of she Wants to be kept. She asked for this. Maybe by Hydra cause we saw the commercial. So right now she is building the perfect life for herself in her head and someone from Stark Labs or the Avengers will come and "Save Her" by the end of the show but by saving her, it will cause her to lose the World she built and Lose Vision again and that will cause her to become angry and loose control of her emotions and look to tear the world apart cause she can't have her world or finally seek revenge for Tony killing her parent,destroying her life and now being praise as the Hero of the World.

And BOOM!! I figure it all out on day 1.
I haven't seen the show but by looking at trailers doesn't look like it happens in her head (they showed Monica Rambeau (that's her name, I think) getting kicked to the real world from sitcom universe of Wanda). Personally, I don't think she will be evil. I mean, after they announced that Olsen is in second Doctor Strange movie in 2019, people started to build theories that she will be villain (because she goes insane or because she is being possessed), so it's too obvious.

Lemme esplain:

SHIELD is gone. It’s now SWORD. Their logo is all over the first two episodes. The “beekeeper” is an agent. Their logo is on the back of his “hazmat” suit

Agnes is (most likely) Agatha Harkness, a witch who trained Wanda in the comics. Obviously her role in the show whatever it is remains to be seen

A (semi-) common tv tactic is the “unseen” spouse:
Norm - Vera
Niles - Maris
Mrs. Columbo

Agnes’s husband could be just that, but there is a lot of interweb speculation he is Mephisto

Clearly this is some kind of pocket dimension Wanda is in living out the life she wanted with Vision. Also clearly the “sitcom” within the show is progressing through time. Episode 1 was a call to the 50s: The Dick van Dyke Show. Episode 2, the 60s: Bewitched. No doubt Episode 3 (now in color) will be 70s, probably The Brady Bunch. Based on very little info so far, Episode 4 seems to be possibly Family Ties. Each decade jump, reality seems to intrude more and more into the pocket dimension, as Wanda’s “sitcom” existences get closer to present MCU times and the twins they have get older. BTW, since Vision is a synthetic man, he of course cannot have children. In the comics, Wanda’s twins come from Mephisto - time will tell how it shakes out in the show/MCU. Be patient and let it all play out ffs. Sit back, watch, and enjoy, you impatient children JFC #eyeroll

The fact the Beekeeper has a SWORD insignia on his suit might indicate that AIM is to SWORD what HYDRA was to SHIELD. It's possible AIM have infiltrated SWORD and are using it for their own purposes.

I think there's a strong possibility that Agnes' husband is Mephisto; she keeps referencing her husband, but so far he's not been seen. And there was that, "Devil in the details" line...

@Dragonlordxxxxx @Loiosh Haven't read thru the thread, has an A.I.M. theory been tossed around yet?
Bee keeper in the sewer makes me think A.I.M (and therefore probably M.O.D.O.K.) are behind this.

Well they did a commercial in the middle of the episode where they mention Baron Strucker’s watch so Hydra is definitely involved

Well they did a commercial in the middle of the episode where they mention Baron Strucker’s watch so Hydra is definitely involved
I don't think Hydra is involved in what's happening here. I'm in agreement with @The Clinch, that the commercials are the people or events that have scarred her life. In the first episode, it was Stark Industries' Toast Mate 2000 toaster which sounded like a ticking time bomb referencing to the mortar shell that killed her parents and the second mortar shell that didn't explode.

Toast (Dead) Mate (Parents). Clever.

I wouldn't be surprised that the 3rd episode commercial will be something from Ultron and that the 4th commercial will be Thanos.

Well, I'm not impressed so far. The humour just isn't connecting for me, making large parts of the show boring and since you already know who these two are, the little hints that there is a mystery behind it aren't all that intriguing. Are Olsen and Bettany even good comedic actors?

I'm prepared to change my mind as it goes on, but I really don't understand the rave reviews.

Going to wait until its over so i can just binge watch it. Tho seems like this series might have benefit more being released all at once.

Back