Television WANDAVISION Discussion (Dragonlord's Review)

If you have seen the whole season of WANDAVISION, how would you rate it?

• Total voters
except that it clearly looked shot on digital.
Still B&W Elizabeth Olsen was born in 1989 FFS she's never had to suffer without color television, for us old folks it's horrid needs to be colorized and pick up the pace.

They nailed the aesthetic of the 50s/60s TV shows. Besides that I have no idea what’s going on.

And that was good enough for me because I loved shows like The Dick Van Dyke show which I watched on Nick at Nite with my parents when I was a kid. Bold strategy though. For boomers and gen x and millennials, you have some degree of familiarity with that material to really keep people interested. But for the younger folks who might make up a solid chunk of the audience, there is probably no context for this at all and they might be put off after two episodes, even with the notion of change at the end of the second.

For me, I thought it was really solid. Way better spin on Bewitched than the stupid Ferrell/Kidman movie from the first half of the first decade of the 2000s.

Writer and crew and showrunner definitely captured the aesthetic perfectly and those plot setups were right out of the I Love Lucy/Dick Van Dyke/Bewitched handbook.

Plus you had those moments of weird Lynch-esque creepiness to punctuate the suburban safe haven. In that sense, it felt like Bewitched meets The Twilight Zone.

I thought it was good. I can take or leave most of the comic book stuff though. My favorite MCU movie since the Avengers started is Dr. Strange, so my tastes may be a little different when it comes to this stuff.

I didn't mind the first couple of episodes as it's bizarre enough to keep me wanting more. Plus I used to watch a lot of black and white TV with my folks as a kid in the 80's though. Leave it to Beaver, Andy Griffith, The Honeymooners, etc... So I kind of have a soft spot for that style of cinema.

Last edited:
I thought it was good. I can take or leave most of the comic book stuff though. My favorite MCU since the Avengers started is Dr. Strange, so my tastes may be a little different when it comes to this stuff.

I didn't mind the first couple of episodes as it's bizarre enough to keep me wanting more. Plus I used to watch a lot of black and white TV with my folks as a kid in the 80's though. Leave it to Beaver, Andy Griffith, and The Honeymooners, etc... So I kind of have a soft spot for that style of cinema.

The Honeymooners is one of the GOAT. Look forward to the New Year's Day marathon every year. I should probably just get the series because I always end up missing some great ones cause they air them at like 3 am that day lol.

Why couldn't Vision just phase his hand into his abdomen to remove the chewing gum himself?

Because he was trying to save face by sticking around at that meeting; and by the time he got up and left the gum was fucking up his system and making him malfunction a bit. By the time he got to the talent show he didn't really have the wherewithal to really know what was going on with himself. At least that's the way I saw it.

I watched the first two episodes. Kinda lame tbh. Hopefully it gets better.<Neil01>

I’m so sick of the fucking super hero shit. This is at least half of what Hollywood shits out these days and now it’s going to be made into tv series too it seems. I was never a fan of comic books so maybe I’m not the target audience.

Kathryn Hahn is consistently good in whatever she is in. Bettany and Olsen delivered.

But yeah I can definitely see why it won't be appealing to everyone.
At this pace it is really going to need a 2nd half payoff for most people (myself included).
I liked it, but only because I'm expecting big stuff.

Beekeeper Guy is either a reference to AIM or Swarm, a lame Spider-Man villain. I hope it's AIM

The Strucker Watch was so obvious it didn't really count as an Easter egg, but the label on it, "Swiss Made", is a nice reference to Dr Zola
I guess it has. Well played hombre.

OK, for all those who have seen the first two episodes, raise your hands:

Who thinks the rest of the people in Westview are NPC-like constructs and who thinks they’re "real" people trapped in there alongside Wanda and Vision?

I am inclining towards the latter. Any time the illusion seems to break, they don’t just look confused, they look kinda scared.

I believe everybody within Wandavision is an NPC based on somebody outside of WV who is involved with whatever happened to her.

I think its either, Wanda has snapped and created her own pocket universe and is being observed by scientists a la The Truman Show... or

Wand is unconscious and her mind is working through some shit and being observed by scientists a la The Matrix.

There was also an episode of Sabrina on Netflix which dealt with an alternate reality where everything was run as a tv show by an omnipotent cat.
Hollywood often has duplicate ideas circulating, so WV could just be an alternate reality created by the 2 snaps.

@Dragonlordxxxxx @Loiosh Haven't read thru the thread, has an A.I.M. theory been tossed around yet?
Bee keeper in the sewer makes me think A.I.M (and therefore probably M.O.D.O.K.) are behind this.
This is my first time in this thread after just finished watching the first two episodes, so I haven't read the other posts yet. But your A.I.M. theory is very possible.

OK, for all those who have seen the first two episodes, raise your hands:

Who thinks the rest of the people in Westview are NPC-like constructs and who thinks they’re "real" people trapped in there alongside Wanda and Vision?

I am inclining towards the latter. Any time the illusion seems to break, they don’t just look confused, they look kinda scared.
I think they're real people trapped in Wanda's warped reality. I noticed that the town's population is a bit diversified maybe indicating that they're real modern people of the town Westview trapped in this alternate reality. One possibility is that Wanda is running away or hiding from a mysterious group represented by the beekeeper (AIM?).

I think Wandavision's first two episodes are cute and gave me a nostalgic trip to the classic sitcoms I occasionally watch when I was a kid. It's cute but does not really feel satisfying (so far). I already anticipated this and that's why I've always thought that Falcon and the Winter Soldier was going to be a better show than Wandavision because it's not going to be filled with filler-type episodes.

At this pace it is really going to need a 2nd half payoff for most people (myself included).
I liked it, but only because I'm expecting big stuff.

Agreed. Love the style of the show, the performances from the leads are top notch. But the story needs to move forward and give something of more substance.

Back