W/Adesanya Saying he's Going Back to MW after

He could do it if he committed to the higher weight class. He is tall and long. He could compete at heavyweight if he took his time and bulked up right.
3F10DCEA-515D-4273-A234-3E6F8BD6BED3-3079-000002021EF217D8.jpeg
Rumble fighting at WW is the most insane voluntary weight cut i've ever heard of. The only worse is Christian Bale.

I would agree. Except he said he would do it. Which makes him fair game.

As far as I’m aware he hasn’t ruled it out. But wasn’t the talk with fighting JJ at LHW? And he said in 2019 he would move up in 2021, which is where we are.

JJ is the one that left the division, I’d imagine a fight at HW, if he ever takes one won’t be this year and that seems perfectly fair.

If he wins he should stay at LHW at least once.. seeing as how Glover is likely to get the next title shot and that would be the easiest money for Izzy ever.

I think Iarael is a middleweight but he might be short sided here. I think he knows Dana going to try and talk him into staying at 205 if he wins but I dont think he should dismiss so quickly. The 205 division is thin and already with a handful of middles ascending to 205. Glover is considered the top ranked light heavy and Adesanya walks through him in the first round .Glover wont be able to absorb any significant shots from Izz- a quick night. There are other tailor made match ups where Israel is a significant favorite coming in. He can really take advantage of where the UFC is in their heavier divisions.
This, of course , if he wins.

I'm not crazy about this fight to begin with but I understand. Look at it this way - Jan just laid waste ( as a +225 underdog) to the guy who everyone thinks beat Jon Jones .......yet the middleweight comes in as the same -260 favorite over Jan.
The odds tell me that Vegas confident that Adesanya going to get job done but theyve been wrong before.

After what Glover did to Santos, I'm not so sure about that. Glover could easily wrestle-fuck Izzy.

That's gay then. So this extra belt is just a publicity stunt. Expect to see more of this in the future.

If he can get Adesanya to the ground and keep him there he will win IMO. He gets picked apart and stopped in a striking match.

No, I wanted the MW Izzy to move up one weight and fight the guy who he's been trash talking. He was offered the fight. He said no. As soon as Jones vacates SUDDENLY Izzy is fine to move up. And maybe you missed the thread title. Win or lose, he's moving back down to MW? All his talk of chasing Jones to HW was just that. Talk. Most people have established that by now. One of these days I hope you can join us.
He never really “moved up” to LHW. He probably cuts a tad for 185. If he wins, he will probably defend the MW belt then after that defend the LHW belt. I don’t see the problem.

only problem is if he goes GSP and gives it up as soon as he wins it.

Back